Gun advice: How to purchase...legally?

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
I've run into a situation I don't know how to grip.
New to legally working with guns. I've shot them without licensure and even carried one at one point back in the day illegally for a short period of stupidity.

I've recently endeavored to own a gun legally and I'm finding that the whole process is a bunch of bullshyt.
Acquired my gun license and I thought with having that, I could just throw a shyt ton of money at the issue and get what I want.
Apparently that's not an option or how this shyt works.
I have no one to help me figure this shyt out (no friends or family and gun shops won't tell me the truth)
The rifle I want to purchase doesn't exist in my state and no one will sell me one from the surrounding states...apparently because of the shyt state I live in.

I'm seriously reconsidering just buying a hot gun in bmore and calling it a day.

Does anyone have any advice.
I'm literally at my wits end.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You live in NYC?
Good luck
giphy.gif

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
Go to a gun show.
The regulated/unregulated distinction is barely even noted there.

Solid advice. There's one in chantilly va this weekend.
Imma see if I can get out of my obligations this weekend and go.

Thanks man, I really appreciate the help.
:blessed::mjcry::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
Gun license :skip:

In AZ
18 for long guns
21 for pistols

Course that's one of the few things we got goin out here, that and fairly loose liquor laws
:shaq2:

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death

"NOTE: The long gun (rifle, shotgun or HBAR AR-15) purchase process will remain the same — complete a Federal ATF 4473 in store and pass the FBI NICS background check."

Okay, I'm understanding a little more. In order for me to get the rifle I want legally, I guess an FFL/Gun Store will have to be involved in some capacity...
Ok, now I just have to find someone willing to work with me to purchase their rifle and have it sent to a gunstore/FFL for verification and background check.

Or just wait and try a gun show.

Rusty$hackleford

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PHX
"NOTE: The long gun (rifle, shotgun or HBAR AR-15) purchase process will remain the same — complete a Federal ATF 4473 in store and pass the FBI NICS background check."

Okay, I'm understanding a little more. In order for me to get the rifle I want legally, I guess an FFL/Gun Store will have to be involved in some capacity...
Ok, now I just have to find someone willing to work with me to purchase their rifle and have it sent to a gunstore/FFL for verification and background check.

Or just wait and try a gun show.
Yeah of course out here too you gotta go through the NICS check at store sales, gun show vendors do too if I remember correctly. In the past I could be cleared immediately and walk out the store with the gun. Other times it took a day and they'd call me back to pickup.

Check to see what your state regs are on private sales. AZ is pretty unregulated (edit- in regards to private sales :comeon:), you don't have to pass through FFL or do NICS in private transactions. But straw purchases for illegal/ineligible person will have you fukked up :ufdup:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
In the South, in particular Texas, it's pretty easy. Go to a gun shop and fill out a FFL. They'll send it off for a quick background check that will probably take 15-20 minutes. The same can be said at a gun show. Despite what the media says the gun show loop hole is not as big as they make it out to be. Most dealers at shows make you do the FFL background check.

DPeezy

Rookie
Daps
Maryland.

It's bullshyt.

Maryland shyt changed a couple years ago. It use to be to get your gun liscense all you had to do was take a quick bulshyt online course and print off the certificate. Now you have to take an actual 4 hour in person class and wait for paper work to go thru..may take up to 30 days. The total cost for the class and paperwork will be something like $120-180 depending on where you go. And if this is your first gun being bought in MD its going to take another 2-4 weeks becasue the gun shop has to send your papers to the FBI and state.

Rifles/long guns dont have to be registered in MD but if you get it from a shop they going to register it anyways.

People at Gun Shows hate dealing with buyers from MD, NY, CA cuz its so much bullshyt they have to go thru.