Gun advice: How to purchase...legally?

j.smooth4

All Star
Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
Maryland shyt changed a couple years ago. It use to be to get your gun liscense all you had to do was take a quick bulshyt online course and print off the certificate. Now you have to take an actual 4 hour in person class and wait for paper work to go thru..may take up to 30 days. The total cost for the class and paperwork will be something like $120-180 depending on where you go. And if this is your first gun being bought in MD its going to take another 2-4 weeks becasue the gun shop has to send your papers to the FBI and state.

Rifles/long guns dont have to be registered in MD but if you get it from a shop they going to register it anyways.

People at Gun Shows hate dealing with buyers from MD, NY, CA cuz its so much bullshyt they have to go thru.

There is exemptions to the in person course :ufdup:

I just got my hql last month and I took an online safety course from texas hunters.
15 dollars for the online texas hunter course :steviej:

55 bucks for the fingerprints:youngsabo:
55 bucks for the application fee:youngsabo:

I applied as training exempt

watch this video

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
In the South, in particular Texas, it's pretty easy. Go to a gun shop and fill out a FFL. They'll send it off for a quick background check that will probably take 15-20 minutes. The same can be said at a gun show. Despite what the media says the gun show loop hole is not as big as they make it out to be. Most dealers at shows make you do the FFL background check.
Thats how I did it...

Gonna purchase small arms soon

I also bought from private seller... Usually someone you can find online or in my case, I know ex military cats that build their own so I just ask them if they got something they want to part ways with.

Gun shows are your best bet in your state probably.

Not sure if pawn shops still sell guns as well. Sure you might have to fill out the form as well. They do it right on the spot and if you come back clean youre good

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
And georgia laws say you can have weapons just not carry them outside your residence/vehicle and long weapons must be exposed if loaded

So basically you can't conceal carry or open carry in stores and shyt without a license. Other than that you can have long weapons as long as youre not a felony abd it's not concealed and loaded.

So basically, you can buy without a license if you pass background investigations

Bad Newz

Rookie
Daps
In Maryland you can go to any gun store... show ID... they'll run a background check right there, and if you pass you can walk out with an AR15 in about 30 minutes....

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
Yeah of course out here too you gotta go through the NICS check at store sales, gun show vendors do too if I remember correctly. In the past I could be cleared immediately and walk out the store with the gun. Other times it took a day and they'd call me back to pickup.

Check to see what your state regs are on private sales. AZ is pretty unregulated (edit- in regards to private sales :comeon:), you don't have to pass through FFL or do NICS in private transactions. But straw purchases for illegal/ineligible person will have you fukked up :ufdup:

That's the same thing my connect just told me over lunch. Paid him $500 to help me figure this shyt out and get me the gun I want.
1/4 of my budget but it's worth it to not have to deal with this bullshyt any longer. He's got a potential private seller in bmore...what irony, that was where I was gonna get a hot one from.
At this point I don't fukkin care either way, I need to practice.

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
Maryland shyt changed a couple years ago. It use to be to get your gun liscense all you had to do was take a quick bulshyt online course and print off the certificate. Now you have to take an actual 4 hour in person class and wait for paper work to go thru..may take up to 30 days. The total cost for the class and paperwork will be something like $120-180 depending on where you go. And if this is your first gun being bought in MD its going to take another 2-4 weeks becasue the gun shop has to send your papers to the FBI and state.

Rifles/long guns dont have to be registered in MD but if you get it from a shop they going to register it anyways.

People at Gun Shows hate dealing with buyers from MD, NY, CA cuz its so much bullshyt they have to go thru.

Now I see why there's so few gun shows in this fukkin shyt state.
Ugh...

Yeah, I went thru the whole pay-to-play bullshyt and got my fancy card and letter in the mail.
I guess I'll go ahead and get the glock-17 when I get the rifle since I'll have to wait 2-4 weeks for the handgun to clear. At least I'll have the rifle to practice with.
This is such fukking bullshyt.
I had seen other people that weree helll pissed a few months back when I started down this fukking rabbithole...now I REALLY know why they were so irate.

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
In Maryland you can go to any gun store... show ID... they'll run a background check right there, and if you pass you can walk out with an AR15 in about 30 minutes....

Yeah, that's IF you want an AR-15.
I did exactly that yesterday. Went to a gun shop out in western maryland and the guy tried to sell me an AR-15 after checking my papers. I told him I didn't want that...I wanted the Kel-Tec S2K like he had on the shelf but in 9mm. It was a .40 and NOT what I was looking for...PLUS it was $795...over double retail!!

This state is great if you wanna shoot something you have zero desire for.
fukkin useless....

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
Be safe doggie. Sound like you really need to get your hands on one.

Thanks bro, Time is running out with each day that passes.
Tired of waiting and going through this bullshyt process for something I should literally be able to hand someone a stack of money for and get this shyt over with....all because I am trying to do shyt the legal way.
fukkin bullshyt...

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
Thats how I did it...

Gonna purchase small arms soon

I also bought from private seller... Usually someone you can find online or in my case, I know ex military cats that build their own so I just ask them if they got something they want to part ways with.

Gun shows are your best bet in your state probably.

Not sure if pawn shops still sell guns as well. Sure you might have to fill out the form as well. They do it right on the spot and if you come back clean youre good

Yeah, I've been checking out pawn shops daily. They're getting sick of me...but they're the ones that keep telling me to come back and recheck their inventory. I just missed one out in hagerstown last week by 5 minutes according to the shopkeep.
That was not a good day for me...
I almost broke my hand punching shyt.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Yeah, I've been checking out pawn shops daily. They're getting sick of me...but they're the ones that keep telling me to come back and recheck their inventory. I just missed one out in hagerstown last week by 5 minutes according to the shopkeep.
That was not a good day for me...
I almost broke my hand punching shyt.
Its not that serious my man, lol

Just be patient and keep looking. You'll find something soon. Unless your hood is that dangerous I wouldn't worry.

Most of my shyt is for home protection anyway

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
Its not that serious my man, lol

Just be patient and keep looking. You'll find something soon. Unless your hood is that dangerous I wouldn't worry.

Most of my shyt is for home protection anyway
Youre right.
I'm just being a brat about it. I figured that once I had money, everything else was gonna be gravy. I'm finding out that ain't the case.
The same bullshyt I went through when I was below average is the same bullshyt I'm going through now that I'm above average.

Money don't really matter....
I'm just pissed that I did all this for essentially nothing.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Youre right.
I'm just being a brat about it. I figured that once I had money, everything else was gonna be gravy. I'm finding out that ain't the case.
The same bullshyt I went through when I was below average is the same bullshyt I'm going through now that I'm above average.

Money don't really matter....
I'm just pissed that I did all this for essentially nothing.
Not for nothing.

Thing is, I never really went looking for one gun, it just fell in my lap from being around it. Thats pretty much all you got to do. Go to ranges, gun shows, etc., and just keep your eyes open

Plus I look at it as something thats good to have but not necessarily a need atm.

Like a good set of tools. Most people don't need them on an everyday bases but it's very good to have just in case you need them