Have any of y'all gone to the Black Lives Matter website?

End Cruelty

Yuffie butter!
Daps
Reppin
Gaia
I'm putting together a stand up comedy charity show but the fact that it's at a bar limits the organizations that will accept donations. After realizing that I could not work with Wounded Warrior in this manner, I went looking for another group (some organizations don't appreciate donations based on alcohol and the like. Which is kinda fukked up because if strippers wanted to raise money to help the kids, they should be able to do so; I digress). As I surf the net, I tend to have music or the news on in the background. As I listened to the story of people being gunned down "accidentally" in their homes, I thought, "Well, what can I do for black folks on a charitable level?". I thought that I could turn a simple charity show into some relevant activism for one of the biggest movements my people have seen in awhile.

That's when I decided to check out BLM.:ohhh:

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with what they believe, but being a seasoned member of this board I'm aware of possibly polarizing topics. I figured I could ask: Do you know what Black Lives Matter stands for? Do you agree with all of this?

Guiding PrinciplesBlack Lives Matter

-We are committed to acknowledging, respecting and celebrating difference(s) and commonalities.

-We are committed to fostering a queer‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking or, rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual unless s/he or they disclose otherwise.

-We are committed to disrupting the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, and especially “our” children to the degree that mothers, parents and children are comfortable.

-We are unapologetically Black in our positioning. In affirming that Black Lives Matter, we need not qualify our position. To love and desire freedom and justice for ourselves is a necessary prerequisite for wanting the same for others.

These are just a few

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
I'm putting together a stand up comedy charity show but the fact that it's at a bar limits the organizations that will accept donations. After realizing that I could not work with Wounded Warrior in this manner, I went looking for another group (some organizations don't appreciate donations based on alcohol and the like. Which is kinda fukked up because if strippers wanted to raise money to help the kids, they should be able to do so; I digress). As I surf the net, I tend to have music or the news on in the background. As I listened to the story of people being gunned down "accidentally" in their homes, I thought, "Well, what can I do for black folks on a charitable level?". I thought that I could turn a simple charity show into some relevant activism for one of the biggest movements my people have seen in awhile.

That's when I decided to check out BLM.:ohhh:

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with what they believe, but being a seasoned member of this board I'm aware of possibly polarizing topics. I figured I could ask: Do you know what Black Lives Matter stands for? Do you agree with all of this?

-We are committed to acknowledging, respecting and celebrating difference(s) and commonalities.

-We are committed to fostering a queer‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking or, rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual unless s/he or they disclose otherwise.

-We are committed to disrupting the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, and especially “our” children to the degree that mothers, parents and children are comfortable.

-We are unapologetically Black in our positioning. In affirming that Black Lives Matter, we need not qualify our position. To love and desire freedom and justice for ourselves is a necessary prerequisite for wanting the same for others.

These are just a few
First off, the website looks gross...All that fukking yellow is not pleasant on the eyes. That's design principles 101.
Secondly, I'm surprised that it's not an .org.
Third, their message has always been suspect, esp. if it was started by gay women. That explains the attention they get, but it also explains why they are not really affecting real change. They are just giving bigots something else to whine about.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
I agree with that

I don't know what that means, do they mean they assume most people are queer at first sight or they do not care about sexual identity or sexual orentation

I am vehemently against the disruption of the nuclear family unit as they put it for some of the issues of the black communities can be traced to it.

I agree with that.

Personally I believe that BLM is just a propaganda tool used by the Left as much as the Tea Party was a propaganda tool used by the right. Are there people who truly believe in the cause yes, but they are being

End Cruelty

Yuffie butter!
Daps
Reppin
Gaia
Third, their message has always been suspect, esp. if it was started by gay women
Why do you think that makes their message suspect? You mean like it's always been a queer thing or just something fishy in general? I had no idea it was started by black(?) lesbians

That explains the attention they get, but it also explains why they are not really affecting real change
No offense but I find that sort of backwards considering many LGBT folks are/were some of the best activists and leaders we've had. But to the point, what makes you say that they aren't initiating any change when they are on the news every single day? Do you believe that they aren't planning something beyond these protests?

End Cruelty

Yuffie butter!
Daps
Reppin
Gaia
I don't know what that means, do they mean they assume most people are queer at first sight or they do not care about sexual identity or sexual orentation
It means they don't care and are also advocating that we don't assume people are straight (as opposed to assume people are gay). At least, that's how I interpreted it.

End Cruelty

Yuffie butter!
Daps
Reppin
Gaia
Seems like they're all over the place. How about focusing on black lives?
:patrice:There are a lot of different types of black lives. I don't see anything wrong with mentioning female/queer/disabled/impoverished peoples as a way to make it clear that all black people are welcome in the movement. What do you mean by "all over the place"?

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
It means they don't care and are also advocating that we don't assume people are straight (as opposed to assume people are gay). At least, that's how I interpreted it.
If that's that I understand that and can accept it to a degree, but that takes changing hundreds of thousands of years of social engineering based on reproductive biological need.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006

We are committed to acknowledging, respecting and celebrating difference(s) and commonalities.

These are just a few

I can't get with the bolded at all. and second is basically saying, hell, the black family has already been destroyed so why ascribe to wanting to repair it?

Biddap

...And Dan was the Serpant
Daps
Reppin
Gunns Rd

We are committed to acknowledging, respecting and celebrating difference(s) and commonalities.

These are just a few

I already knew this whole BLM was a gay/lesbian & Feminist movement and using the black lives as a way of infiltrating their views into the black community. They want to create "villages" to remove male patriarchy from ever existing in the black community :russ:, it doesn't exist now, but this is to make sure it never exists.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
No offense but I find that sort of backwards considering many LGBT folks are/were some of the best activists and leaders we've had. But to the point, what makes you say that they aren't initiating any change when they are on the news every single day? Do you believe that they aren't planning something beyond these protests?
Black LGBT's are the minority.

The fact white people and other races are involved in an organization called "BLACK LIVES MATTER" is enough for me to not take it seriously.

And no mention of legislation or group economics...lost me there.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I
CIA is somewhere behind this :russell:
I mean it's already known that Gloria Steinem and George Soros donated $33 million dollars to BLM....and Steinem was a CIA agent for many years known for disrupting student led political movements. And was involved with people that covered up the assasinations of MLK and JFK...
'
But anytime I try discussing that to people who follow BLM they try to tune me out or pretend I said nothing of importance. This is chess, not checkers. BLM is playing checkers still.

End Cruelty

Yuffie butter!
Daps
Reppin
Gaia
If that's that I understand that and can accept it to a degree, but that takes changing hundreds of thousands of years of social engineering based on reproductive biological need.

Well, for the sake of conversation, I want to point out that I believe that "hundreds of thousands of years" is quite an overstatement based on my knowledge. Human beings have only been around for 45-55 thousand years and even that is debatable. Also, The social aspect of gay and straight as we know it is not particularly old. Sexual identity was not so much a big a deal before the current era. I also think you're overlooking the fact that many animals (considering humans have an animal side) copulate for pleasure, it's not necessarily reversing anything. I also think you're giving early humans a little bit too much credit because there was most definitely a time when a lot of these ancient nikkas was fukking these cave bytches (no pun intended) and neither one of them knew where babies came from.

I'm not saying I'm an advocate for BLM but even if it did take such "reversing", so what? Many things need changing on this Earth.