He ‘Lied His F-CKING AZZ Off': Carrier Union Leader On Trump’s Big Carrier Deal

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I don't know about yall, but I plan to hold THESE people accountable. Crony-Capitalism AKA Trickle Down Economics is back :francis: Also, his cabinet is WORTH BILLIONS. #DRAINTHESWAMP :wow:

By Danielle Paquette December 6 at 3:27 PM

Trump scored perhaps the biggest victory of his new tenure. But it comes with a huge asterisk.]

imrs.php

T.J. Bray, 32, one of the workers who will keep his job, sat in the front row during the Dec. 1 meeting as Trump spoke. A corporate employee had guided him specifically to that seat, he said, so he suspected he might be part of Trump’s remarks.

On Carrier's makeshift stage, Trump paraphrased the words of an unnamed Carrier employee who talked to an NBC reporter after the election. Bray was the only Carrier employee who had appeared on television that day. Apparently, he realized, Trump was saying he inspired the deal.

Speaking at the Carrier plant in Indianapolis, Dec. 1, President-elect Donald Trump said he decided to call the company so it would not ship jobs abroad after watching a television news report about the factory. (The Washington Post)

“He said something to the effect, ‘No, we’re not leaving, because Donald Trump promised us that we’re not leaving,’ and I never thought I made that promise,” Trump said. “Not with Carrier. I made it for everybody else. I didn’t make it really for Carrier.”

In fact, Trump did make that commitment, and it's on video. "They're going to call me and they are going to say 'Mr. President, Carrier has decided to stay in Indiana,'” Trump had said at the April rally. "One hundred percent -- that's what is going to happen."

Last week, though, the president-elect told the Carrier crowd he hadn't meant that literally.

“I was talking about Carrier like all other companies from here on in," Trump said. "Because they made the decision a year and a half ago. But he believed that was — and I could understand it. I actually said — I didn’t make it — when they played that, I said, 'I did make it, but I didn’t mean it quite that way.'”

Trump asked if the employee he’d been referencing was in the audience. A woman yelled that her son was, and Trump began to compliment that son, though he hadn't spoken in the television news segment. (Bray said that a United Technologies spokesperson later told him Trump meant to single him out.)

“I was confused when he was like, ‘I wasn’t talking about Carrier,’” Bray said. “You made this whole campaign about Carrier, and we're still losing a lot of jobs.”

He ‘lied his a– off': Carrier union leader on Trump’s big deal

@CACtain Planet @King Kreole

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
What a POS this guy is....:beli:
I agree, even though I despise Clinton I thought she would pull it out barely. THIS guy is the leader of the free world :snoop: Does not have a lick of experience on how to govern. The dude dissed John McCain and Pope Francis :francis: Even with his p*ssy comment he STILL WINS :why:

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Everyone in the DNC needs to be fired. This was the EASIEST election for them to win. No, they want to sip their wine and eat their damn caviar. THIS moron is the PRESIDENT of the U.S. They should have just made Clinton leave the race and inserted Biden :snoop: DAMN IDIOTS :mjcry::pacspit: