Here's Mark Cuban's advice for whoever wins the $1.4 billion Powerball lottery

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wouldn't take the lump sum if I can will it off and not face all kind of fines to the point of it just being smarter to take the lump sum. I'd need to know which would next me more money of the long run would it be smarter to take 400 mill or so or 150k a year for the foreseeable future? Does the money get taxed each year as well as off the top if you take it yearly?

The big problem is you can't ball out like you might initially want too with the 150k a year, you actually still have to think about your money. Which for alot of people would be a good thing. Also when fam asks you for money you can literally tell them "I dont have it I only get 150k a year and I have bills"

:troll:

Azul

Sunkissed.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Comfort Zone
I know if I win I'd wait about 6 months to actually claim it. Definitely want to wait until after the fervor dies down.

!!!!

Cash payout stands at 930 million at the moment :deadrose: My God. Could you imagine going from an average breh or brehette to a billionaire in an instant?

Winning that much money, your whole life changes. Every relationship you ever had changes instantly. Your family ain't safe. I'm not buying shyt here in NY cause you can't escape anything. The only way they would POSSIBLY nix the press conference is if you have a restraining order or some shyt like that, I'd put one on my own mama to avoid the conference :pachaha:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I wouldn't take the lump sum if I can will it off and not face all kind of fines to the point of it just being smarter to take the lump sum. I'd need to know which would next me more money of the long run would it be smarter to take 400 mill or so or 150k a year for the foreseeable future? Does the money get taxed each year as well as off the top if you take it yearly?

The big problem is you can't ball out like you might initially want too with the 150k a year, you actually still have to think about your money. Which for alot of people would be a good thing. Also when fam asks you for money you can literally tell them "I dont have it I only get 150k a year and I have bills"

150K a year?

Math........

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston

You wouldnt get 150K, more like 13 mill a year

Denzel_Saucegton

L.T.P.F.J.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Amexem
You're talking about a person that is worth billions not receiving a large sum in a short time. I'd definitely help out friends and relatives and some acquaintances. Last thing I need is to be super greedy with money that can change some people's lives or make them happier when I'm not taking it with me when I die.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
For all the people saying they will use a trust to collect the winning anonymously you better hope you dont win in Georgia.

Can a Trust Claim Winnings of a Lottery in Georgia?

Georgia Lotto said:
The Trust Option
Some people choose to set up trusts to claim lottery winnings for them because a trust conveys real benefits. While lottery trusts can convey anonymity to winners, they don't do that in Georgia; the state discloses the names of winners. Nevertheless, a trust can still help you to manage how you spend your winnings, and may potentially shelter some of them from taxes. A trust can also be useful if you win the lottery with other people and want to set up a way to share the payments.

The only states where they wont disclose your name are Delaware, Kansas, Maryland, North Dakota, Ohio and South Carolina. So if you buy a ticket in the other 38 states that play the game they going to release your identity. Even if they dont release your name they will release the city, state, and location you bought the ticket from. So someone notices that you stopped working, you deleted your social media pages, changed phone numbers, and disappeared for a month. You also live in the area you bought the ticket. Come on, folks will figure it out.

It would be much easier to just take the money, move, change phone numbers, and just cut off everyone except immediate family and close friends.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Reinvest that money in real estate. There is made bread to be made in real estate.

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
Listen scrappy you will get a check every year for 30 million like clockwork...

You will not live like you make $40,000
It's not happening...

continue to tell another man how he'd live his life brehs
don't understand anything about cost of living in my state brehs
go full retard brehs