Hillary Clinton Is THE BIGGEST Flop There Is (Her VP Pick Was Even Stupid)

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Hillary couldn't win the DNC nomination in 2008. Barely won it in 2016 with sketchy behind the scenes stuff. Would have lost her senate run had Rudy not dropped out, and even then, only won by 12 points against an unknown. But look at how she won in NY:

"Clinton began her campaign, which was managed by Bill de Blasio, by visiting all 62 counties in the State, in a "listening tour" of small-group settings.[228] She devoted considerable time in traditionally Republican Upstate New York regions.[229] Clinton vowed to improve the economic situation in those areas, promising to deliver 200,000 jobs to the state over her term. Her plan included tax credits to reward job creation and encourage business investment, especially in the high-tech sector. She called for personal tax cuts for college tuition and long-term care.[229]"

She won by nearly 40 points in her re-election bid. Including in Republican areas that normally wouldn't vote blue. Yet when it came to running for PRESIDENT, she couldn't be bothered to do what she knew worked. You can't run as the most inclusive candidate of all time and then make a speech where you write of 25% of the country as pieces of shyt (even if she wasn't lying), and then ignore another 25% of the electorate during your trips.
EXACTLY

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
She would've had plenty of time to come up with a narrative, which is probably all it would have been knowing her. Dude was winning non GOP states against her, he could have just campaigned in those states as her VP and they win. And again, party loyalists are the weakest people, they will always vote for their candidate. She could have named Mickey Mouse the VP and the base would ":ohhh: this is genius, she's locking down the Orlando area and trying to flip Florida" . Every person that voted Hillary would still vote Hillary if she picked Bernie. She needed to get the indies that left and Bernie was beastmode in the backfield at the 1 yard line, but she decided to throw it to Kaine and lost the Super Bowl.

:laff: rep

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Ehh, that's flawed. If b-rocka doesn't run in 08, she wins. Going up against him in 08 was too much for anyone.

I do ponder the "wait your turn" theory. Wonder if Obama would've run in '16 would he still be fresh and interesting and made the splash he did in '08.

Nah this election proved correctly what a few people suspected in '08...that she would've lost to McCain (especially with Palin) despite it being a Democratic year. She's just a born loser at this campaigning/election shyt.

Side note: thank God for Obeezy going out and snatching that shyt in '08 :whew:

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Nah this election proved correctly what a few people suspected in '08...that she would've lost to McCain (especially with Palin) despite it being a Democratic year. She's just a born loser at this campaigning/election shyt.

Yep, she would've lost to McCain I agree with that 100%.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

It would've been close with McCain, but she still pulls that out. Yes, her campaign was shytty, but she wasn't a shyttier candidate than trump. Just one clear message and few visits could have won her Wisconsin and pa...y'all talking like she didn't win the popular vote. None of that becomes an issue in '08, a year people wanted anything but bush/neocons and a field that had no real challengers to her except obama, without him, she walks to the nomination easier than she did this time

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
It would've been close with McCain, but she still pulls that out. Yes, her campaign was shytty, but she wasn't a shyttier candidate than trump. Just one clear message and few visits could have won her Wisconsin and pa...y'all talking like she didn't win the popular vote. None of that becomes an issue in '08, a year people wanted anything but bush/neocons and a field that had no real challengers to her except obama, without him, she walks to the nomination easier than she did this time
She wouldn't have beaten McCain at all. The woman is a weak campaigner and relies on celebs. TBH, Trump drew people just like Sanders did. Face it, she was a shyt candidate.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps

Some of the same things that played out in this election would've played out back then:

1) She's voter repellant. She was actually a more improved candidate in 2016 than she was back then...just to show how bad she was.

2) Because of the Iraq war vote and liberals long dislike of Bill, it was guaranteed she would have little to no progressive energy behind her campaign, which would've been crucial (similar to this year). All those red states that turned blue for Obama needed that progressive coalition. Remember as this year proved, voters vote FOR someone not against something.

3) Probably most importantly, because of low key sexism, when the world went to hell that fall it's highly doubtful that a lot of male (and female) voters would've trusted a woman in office to handle all that... especially over a respected war vet like McCain.

They always say that a ham sandwich could've beaten McCain that year...well Hillary has proven she's worse than a ham sandwich lol.

JoogJoint

In my own league.
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space
I'm confused with her picking Tim Kaine. I mean what drew her exactly to pick him? VP's sometime helps the candidate look legit. Just look at Obama, he was a charismatic newbie who people wanted to vote for and he made a wonderful decision in choosing somebody that was universally liked and well versed in politics because of his experience. What about Tim Kaine drew Hillary to pick him? I mean he was literally a nobody to anybody outside of politics. I mean...

:mindblown:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I'm confused with her picking Tim Kaine. I mean what drew her exactly to pick him? VP's sometime helps the candidate look legit. Just look at Obama, he was a charismatic newbie who people wanted to vote for and he made a wonderful decision in choosing somebody that was universally liked and well versed in politics because of his experience. What about Tim Kaine drew Hillary to pick him? I mean he was literally a nobody to anybody outside of politics. I mean...

:mindblown:
He didn't outshine her, spoke fluent Spanish, could deliver VA, was a centrist religious white male to attract moderate conservatives, he was a known Democratic loyalist who wouldn't rock the boat. Basically all things except maybe one that didn't matter in this election and showed how out of touch these people were.