How does Houston plan without zoning laws?

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
It’s all good until it infringes on areas with money
Ie River Oaks, Montrose, Heights etc
And watch cacs fight tooth and nail to keep development out of their neighborhoods and “zoning” to their liking/benefit
Then you have to look at how land developers just be building shyt to build
So these new booties that’s moving here don’t know about the flood plains these houses are built on until they have a foot of water in there damn house
Infrastructure, drainage, roads are all shyt in Houston unless you reside in a major burb/“upcoming” neighborhood
Not to mention how government officials be on Stevie Wonder mode when it comes to building projects down here as long as they get paid

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
It’s all good until it infringes on areas with money
Ie River Oaks, Montrose, Heights etc
And watch cacs fight tooth and nail to keep development out of their neighborhoods and “zoning” to their liking/benefit
Then you have to look at how land developers just be building shyt to build
So these new booties that’s moving here don’t know about the flood plains these houses are built on until they have a foot of water in there damn house
Infrastructure, drainage, roads are all shyt in Houston unless you reside in a major burb/“upcoming” neighborhood
Not to mention how government officials be on Stevie Wonder mode when it comes to building projects down here as long as they get paid
They better fix that shyt within the next couple years

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Plan?! :mjlol:

They will build a church, hotel, funeral home, ice cream shop, elementary school, strip club, liquor store, and gun store all next to each other on the exact same block as long as the builders getting paid down here

KBtheKey

Top Tier
Daps
Reppin
#Swhtx
Plan?! :mjlol:

They will build a church, hotel, funeral home, ice cream shop, elementary school, strip club, liquor store, and gun store all next to each other on the exact same block as long as the builders getting paid down here
And i believe they have that exact combination in at least 2 or 3 different intersections that i know of

The convenience is incredible

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Can't they make a drainage system for Houston when it comes to flooding?

They better before I move down there :ufdup:
Houston is the city of concrete
Home of bayous
Drainage has always been an issue due to this
That shyt will never be “fixed” because this “zoning” is a bunch of bullshyt
Developers just be building all kinds of shyt that doesn’t flow to anything
That’s why you can be on one block that never floods
Then a street/neighborhood over looks like a complete fishbowl when it rains
Plus Houston is flat as fukk
So if you move here you better do due diligence on neighborhoods, look at what type of construction is going on in your desired neighborhood, find out if it’s in a flood plain, get flood insurance and start trying to find contractors, etc once you touch down
Make sure you network

FLYINHAWAIIAN

Vegan For a Reason
Daps
Reppin
Hawaii/Houston
Houston is the city of concrete
Home of bayous
Drainage has always been an issue due to this
That shyt will never be “fixed” because this “zoning” is a bunch of bullshyt
Developers just be building all kinds of shyt that doesn’t flow to anything
That’s why you can be on one block that never floods
Then a street/neighborhood over looks like a complete fishbowl when it rains
Plus Houston is flat as fukk
So if you move here you better do due diligence on neighborhoods, look at what type of construction is going on in your desired neighborhood, find out if it’s in a flood plain, get flood insurance and start trying to find contractors, etc once you touch down
Make sure you network

Thats why my next vehicle gotta be off the ground.
I get tired of all this damn rain.
shyt last week down here in Midtown it was raining and i went outside to move my momma car from the curb and the water was like 2in from the exhaust.
:francis:

KBtheKey

Top Tier
Daps
Reppin
#Swhtx
And i believe they have that exact combination in at least 2 or 3 different intersections that i know of

The convenience is incredible
Didn't watch video my bad. I was just saying yup you can find everything next to everything including in most residential areas. Literally everything you need be within 5-10 min of walking or driving