How exactly does “bad” food age you ?

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Sightly off topic, but I wonder if bad diet AND lack of exercise causes baldness, going to the gym made my hair grow back. Stopped going and it's back to balding :snoop:

I never changed my diet while going to the gym and yet still lost weight and got new hair growth! :pachaha: My face still looks young but my hair is my downfall. It least it's not genetic when it comes to the hair where my only hope would be going to Turkey lol I still have hope for it to grow back.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Dehydration does worse
- Accelerates biological aging. Hitting the wall dead fast:damn:
- Increases risk of chronic disease and earth

Drink water always

it blows my mind how many people don't drink water. they'll have 3 cups of coffee a day and 1 bottle of water a week. how are they still alive :damn:

Manolo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
How can u reduce inflammation?
Reducing inflammation caused by a poor diet involves making some key changes. Focus on consuming anti-inflammatory foods like fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and fatty fish high in omega-3 fatty acids. Minimize processed foods, sugars, and saturated fats. Also, consider incorporating spices like turmeric and ginger, as they possess anti-inflammatory properties. Additionally, staying hydrated and maintaining a balanced diet can help alleviate inflammation.

- ChatGPT

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Eating bad food “ages” you because it’s void of nutrients. So you either have to eat more for your nutrients and put on extra weight or skip on the nutrients.

But really 90% of it is genetics. Everything else is bs to sell products and a lifestyle.

It's definitely not 90% genetics. Lifespan differs dramatically due to lifestyle choices. Just because some people are outliers who live long despite doing 1-2 things bad does not mean that's the only factor.

Just look at how much life expectancy changes from place to place, or with wealth, and you can see that genetics isn't the only or even predominant factor.

Last edited:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
It's definitely not 90% genetics. Lifespan differs dramatically due to lifestyle choices. Just because some people are outliars who live long despite doing 1-2 things bad does not mean that's the only factor.

Just look at how much life expectancy changes from place to place, or with wealth, and you can see that gentics isn't the only or even predominant factor.

Facts. Saying "It's mostly genetics" = "I'm too lazy to make important lifestyle changes"

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
How can u reduce inflammation?

Can we get an answer

Avoid cured meat, BBQ, fried foods, and don't eat too much red meat

Avoid simple carbohydrates (anything made with white flour, white rice, cornmeal, corn syrup, or refined sugar)

Avoid all highly processed foods in general

Eat lots of whole grains (oatmeal, brown rice, 100% whole wheat products), and get less processed ones if possible

Eat lots of nuts, seeds, and beans/lentils

Eat a good variety of vegetables, especially color variety - tomatoes, broccoli, carrots, spinach, different bell peppers, beets, etc.

Eat a good variety of fruits, especially mixing in some berries, grapes, and apples

Cook with tumeric when possible

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Avoid cured meat, BBQ, fried foods, and don't eat too much red meat

Avoid simple carbohydrates (anything made with white flour, white rice, cornmeal, corn syrup, or refined sugar)

Avoid all highly processed foods in general

Eat lots of whole grains (oatmeal, brown rice, 100% whole wheat products), and get less processed ones if possible

Eat lots of nuts, seeds, and beans/lentils

Eat a good variety of vegetables, especially color variety - tomatoes, broccoli, carrots, spinach, different bell peppers, beets, etc.

Eat a good variety of fruits, especially mixing in some berries, grapes, and apples

Cook with tumeric when possible
No bbq :damn:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
p.s. - when I say color variety, it's not that there's something magic about different colors. It's just that different colors are a decent general shortcut for things having different types of nutrition. Most green vegetables have some nutritional similarities. Purple veggies often have other nutrients in common. Most dark berries have other similarities. Colorless vegetables seem to have somewhat less nutritional value. Eating a nice variety of color is a fair way of ensuring that your nutritional intake is varied without having to know all the exact science behind every type of vegetable.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Burnt food in general is carcinogenic.

Burnt animal fat in particular is VERY carcinogenic.

Other than cured meat (sausage, bacon, processed lunchmeats and jerkies), burnt animal fat from BBQ is probably the single most carcinogenic food you could possibly consume.