How exactly does “bad” food age you ?

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
Sports teams have nutritionists and chefs on staff with meal prep specifically designed for the player(s). Poster you're quoting is an idiot.
:russ:I have a cousin who box used to swear. He could eat like shyt and compete because Floyd can. Ignoring that bruh has some of the best nutritionists, he’s a top tier athlete, and it’s literally his job to stay in shape.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
I'm in the camp that used to think a lot of this was genetics until I started taking a very close look at what we as a whole eat in this country.

People rag on tobacco and I would never downplay its dangers...but we actually have an uptick in cancer as less and less folks smoke. Uptick in obesity. Uptick in type 2 diabetes.

Really thinking diet trumps genetics on a number of fronts. I used to be one of the folks that pushed a gallon of water a day but now I see that's problematic. With what's considered a standard diet in this country the body needs breaks from the abuse. Yes even a break from water consumption. More fasting and less snacking would squash a lot of problems. The body is constantly in survival mode. No wonder it breaks down after a certain point.

Manolo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
:russ:I have a cousin who box used to swear. He could eat like shyt and compete because Floyd can. Ignoring that bruh has some of the best nutritionists, he’s a top tier athlete, and it’s literally his job to stay in shape.
Floyd doesn’t eat like shyt, trains daily and he doesn’t drink or smoke

People have to stop lying to themselves… there’s no shortcut to health. You only get out of your body what you put into it

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Avoid cured meat, BBQ, fried foods, and don't eat too much red meat

Avoid simple carbohydrates (anything made with white flour, white rice, cornmeal, corn syrup, or refined sugar)

Avoid all highly processed foods in general

Eat lots of whole grains (oatmeal, brown rice, 100% whole wheat products), and get less processed ones if possible

Eat lots of nuts, seeds, and beans/lentils

Eat a good variety of vegetables, especially color variety - tomatoes, broccoli, carrots, spinach, different bell peppers, beets, etc.

Eat a good variety of fruits, especially mixing in some berries, grapes, and apples

Cook with tumeric when possible

Depending on the person, I would say eliminating all grains may actually help reduce inflammation. It has helped me tremendously eliminating them

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
so Salmon is good or bad for you? :jbhmm:

Nutritionally, it's good for you from everything I've seen.

Unfortunately, all predatory fish (especially ocean fish) are suspect because they build up heavy metals and other pollutants in their body easily. So I'm not sure how to weigh one against the other, it's sort of two entirely different factors. Supposedly farmed salmon have far less mercury in them than wild (and less than shark/swordfish, which are really bad), but salmon farming is also an environmental disaster so I avoid it when I can.

Personally, I don't buy salmon or really very much fish at all. But I'll eat it when offered.