How many of you enjoy your job?

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Where u work?

="Rawtid, post: 31758032, member: 4433"]I just started, but I think I'll enjoy this place for the next 3 years. There are a lot of black, educated people in higher up positions and that's a welcome change. I also haven't heard people complaining about their jobs...yet anyway. My last role, I think people had something negative to say on a daily basis. It was hard to get motivated.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
What u do?

I don't like my job i sit at a desk all day and interact with the grumpiest department who does nothing but complain about how other people are having a good time. Plus i was def hired to add a little color to the company.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
What kind of work from home job?

I don't see how anyone can like the corporate workplace. It's literally an anti-social environment. Seems like everyone is using everyone else to pass the time. I got tired of it and worked from home for six months this year. Starting next year, I think I'll do it again but this time I won't return.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Hmmm I'm not there yet, maybe I should find a way to start my own business.

Corporate Amerikkka is the worst. And I’d say it’s even worse for Black men. I find it emasculating af. If you aren’t good at “playing the game”, it drains you.

It’s a constant battle of biting your tongue, constantly getting disrespected and walked over. But you don’t wanna say too much because you know they’re always going to have the upper hand. So you gotta pick and choose your battles wisely, if at all.

I could write a book about the shyt I’ve dealt with on my current job. I’ll probably be going to the eeoc on them muh fukkas when I leave.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
I hate it lol...but I am starting a new gig in two weeks which I think I will enjoy. I know I am going to enjoy the checks though :mjgrin:. I do hope to do my current job as a contractor though. My goal is to double up.

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
The actual job when theres work to be is aiight……

But I spend most of my time listening to music, reading, writing, or talking with my crew.

kuts

All Star
Daps
Corporate Amerikkka is the worst. And I’d say it’s even worse for Black men. I find it emasculating af. If you aren’t good at “playing the game”, it drains you.

It’s a constant battle of biting your tongue, constantly getting disrespected and walked over. But you don’t wanna say too much because you know they’re always going to have the upper hand. So you gotta pick and choose your battles wisely, if at all.

I could write a book about the shyt I’ve dealt with on my current job. I’ll probably be going to the eeoc on them muh fukkas when I leave.

I agree it's completely awful for black men. All of our natural energy is squandered in this environment.

Playing the game seems like the best use of one's emotional resources in corporate, but the game isn't worth playing unless your ambition is fueled by some deep emotion, such as revenge, greed, or power. Because that's the only way to see things out and acheive some goal IMO.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
It has some benefits and it's way better than all my previous jobs. I do get paid more than I ever have and there's overtime often. Does get stressful at times and I do hate being contracted due to lack of decent insurance and vacation time but hopefully that'll change one day. So it has it's pros and cons. If not, I'm already starting on a backup plan.

clyma est mort

R.I.P. Eazy-E
Daps
Reppin
Nor Cal
My job in IT totally rules. Been off for the past week and I actually kinda miss it. Jobs in education are super-stable, the pay is middling but the benefits are usually good.

Only thing is I don’t like waking up early and having to manage my sleep for an 8-5, 40-hour gig. No chance of working remotely, it’s a butts-in-seats gig.

Tr0yTV

All Star
Daps
My job in IT totally rules. Been off for the past week and I actually kinda miss it. Jobs in education are super-stable, the pay is middling but the benefits are usually good.

Only thing is I don’t like waking up early and having to manage my sleep for an 8-5, 40-hour gig. No chance of working remotely, it’s a butts-in-seats gig.
:skip: