How would you redraft the 2020 draft?

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Bulls taking Patrick Williams at #4 set the franchise back for years. I didn’t like the pick at the time, and it made no sense to me considering he didn’t even start in college and averaged single digits in ppg.

I said the same thing, and I do NOT watch college ball. but I seen him NOT starting on florida state, which wasn't even a powerhouse and I was like :wtf:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It looks even worse now because we needed a PG and BOTH Tyreses went on to be All Stars.
The Bulls wanted Melo, didn't get him. Then they tried trading for Lonzo mid-season, then ended up doing a sign and trade with him that summer. They were not going to draft Haliburton with the 4th pick because they wanted Ball obviously.

They also were fine seeing if Coby White took a leap. They weren't pressed on taking a guard because they had options.

Fast forward to now, and Chicago needs size, defense and shooting from the wing and PF position. Their backcourt is solidified. Acting like Maxey going in the top 4 was on anybody's draft board 4 years later is laughable.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Just the top 10, I think Ant still goes #1 but who goes 2 is it still Melo I think it’s Tyrese Halliburton and then Tyrese Maxey then Melo

1. Ant
2. Tyrese H
3. Tyrese M
4. Lamelo
5. Desmond Bane
6. Immanuel Quickly
7. Okungwu
8. Devin Vassell
9. Coke Anthony
10. KJ Martin
fukk Bob Myers…

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
The Bulls wanted Melo, didn't get him. Then they tried trading for Lonzo mid-season, then ended up doing a sign and trade with him that summer. They were not going to draft Haliburton with the 4th pick because they wanted Ball obviously.

They also were fine seeing if Coby White took a leap. They weren't pressed on taking a guard because they had options.

Fast forward to now, and Chicago needs size, defense and shooting from the wing and PF position. Their backcourt is solidified. Acting like Maxey going in the top 4 was on anybody's draft board 4 years later is laughable.
Even if they didn’t take Maxey or Haliburton (Halliburton wanted to go to Chicago and was getting positive feedback from them), what made them take Williams? He’s not a legit PF, and never carried a team in college, hence why he’s so passive now. They could’ve traded down.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Even if they didn’t take Maxey or Haliburton (Halliburton wanted to go to Chicago and was getting positive feedback from them), what made them take Williams? He’s not a legit PF, and never carried a team in college, hence why he’s so passive now. They could’ve traded down.
I mean he had Kawhi Leonard comps, was the youngest player in the draft, most athletic player in the draft along with Ant... They had the 4th Pick in what was considered a 3 player draft.

They took a swing on him, but also hindered his growth by cashing out the next season on all their assets to build a team around DeMar, LaVine and Vuc.

They also had Lauri at the PF when Pat was drafted. The organization made a mistake playing Pat at the 4 after they traded Lauri. He was playing the 3 most of his rookie season

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Bulls taking Patrick Williams at #4 set the franchise back for years. I didn’t like the pick at the time, and it made no sense to me considering he didn’t even start in college and averaged single digits in ppg.

Seems like they thought they had a "Kawhi from San Diego State" diamond in the rough and fell flat on their face