4. Maxey
5. Bane

Can't say I care enough about the rest to draft them

Sire366

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Phila
A lot of this talk is hindsight as there was no consensus #1 pick in that draft. Even Minny didn’t feel comfortable making the Ant pick, but couldn’t find equal value to move it.

It was Ant, Melo, Wiseman and then everyone else that could have went in any order.
Right on this, although I will never understand the argument against Ant then .. And at the time, I did think Halliburton should have been a lot higher, and Lamelo (at the time) I thought should be 2 for what was out there

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Right on this, although I will never understand the argument against Ant then .. And at the time, I did think Halliburton should have been a lot higher, and Lamelo (at the time) I thought should be 2 for what was out there
There were questions about Ant’s motor issues and offensive efficiency. Even Melo had them as well. Granted the former was HISTORICALLY bad the first half of the season until he figured it out. He would have run ROY if he wasn’t so bad at the beginning.

One of the more amazing turnarounds that I can remember.

Sire366

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Phila
I guess I should say my order:

Ant
Haliburton
Tyrese Maxey
Ball
Bane
Mcdaniels
Quickley
Vessill
Okongwu
Jalen Smith

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Bulls taking Patrick Williams at #4 set the franchise back for years. I didn’t like the pick at the time, and it made no sense to me considering he didn’t even start in college and averaged single digits in ppg.
There was nothing wrong with the pick. The Bulls just fumbled his development after his rookie season.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What was his ceiling vs other players we passed on?
Chicago saw him as a 2 way wing with elite athleticism and All-Defense potential.

That draft was seen as a 3 player draft. Chicago was rumored to have offered WCJ and #4 for #2 from Golden State, to take Melo, but they wanted Wiseman and declined the trade.

I'm guessing they didn't see Haliburton with the same upside, plus this was Donovan's first year, and the Bulls were still seeing what they had in Coby White at PG.

Last edited:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Chicago saw him as a 2 way wing with elite athleticism and All-Defense potential. That draft was seen as a 3 player draft. Chicago was rumored to have offered WCJ and #4 for #2 from Golden State, to take Melo, but they wanted Wiseman and declined the trade.

I'm guessing they didn't see Haliburton with the same upside, plus this was Donovan's first year, and the Bulls were still seeing what they had in Coby White at PG.
GS fukked that one up

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
So has Maxey (on a team that wins)

25/6/8 on 44/39/87 (best option on 3rd worst in east)<<<27/5/7 on 48/45/95 (2nd best in the east, 2nd option)

Lamelo is a less accomplished Trae Young, Tyrese is a an already better DeArron Foxx

I'm willing to bet if him and Maxey traded places the 76ers wouldn't miss a beat.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Look at this bum ass nikka :scust:

He's in his head. On 90% of those turnovers, he passes up on taking the open 3... Which is something the entire team does way too much. He's been a career 40% shooter from 3, it's literally as simple as him just taking the open fukking shot instead of driving and doing some bullshyt. Just overthinking and he has 0 confidence right now.

I need to see him with a new coach/team before I write him off. There's too much there for this regression to be happening and I'm sure there are plenty of teams around the league that are praying Chicago is stupid enough to dump him for some 2nds and an expiring to try and unlock him.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
KJ Martin at 10 in a redraft is insane. He can't even get minutes. I like Jaden Mcdaniels or Deni Avdija at that spot. Wiseman shouldn't be a top 10 pick