I enjoyed bVs more than Civil War

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
He's actually not reaching. The movie really did make obvious its messages/themes about God and the devil, and there were even entire scenes of dialogue dedicated to Snyder's Christ obsession.... I feel like this is part of the reason people didn't enjoy the movie, they didn't get the philosophical undertones and themes it was trying to convey. You actually had Lex saying shyt like "If man won't kill God, the devil will do it!" (Man = Batman, God = Superman, Devil = Lex/Doomsday), and "If God is all powerful, he cannot be all good" and "You are not a God, you're not even a man". You had fukking paintings of demons and angels, immense biblical allegories throughout the plot, scenes, dialogue, shyt even promo art... the whole Christ thing was one of the movie's central plot devices, yet it somehow went way over people's heads
Having religious parallels doesn't make a movie deep. The truth is it was so blantant yet unnecessary that most people didn't pay attention to it and wether they did or not doesn't improve the quality of the film.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Having religious parallels doesn't make a movie deep. The truth is it was so blantant yet unnecessary that most people didn't pay attention to it and wether they did or not doesn't improve the quality of the film.
thnk you nikka thot he had sumthing with that shyt :laff:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
BVS defenders still clinging to the theory people passed on the movie because they couldn't grasp the symbolism.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wonder Woman is gonna be fire and Aquaman looks like it'll be dope, too. Ain't no questioning the next Batman movie.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Wonder Woman is gonna be fire and Aquaman looks like it'll be dope, too. Ain't no questioning the next Batman movie.
How do you think they do Aquaman FX wise? It's going to be a choir making it seem real and spend the majority of the story deep underwater. It has a chance to be like the biggest achievement in film FX wise or a huge dud.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
How do you think they do Aquaman FX wise? It's going to be a choir making it seem real and spend the majority of the story deep underwater. It has a chance to be like the biggest achievement in film FX wise or a huge dud.
got a feeling they'll go the way of the first thor route and have it be on land mostly. Or if they are in the water it'll be in their lil castle or whatever and the action will be outside of it. Highly doubt they have them talking in the water cuz i really cant see a way that looks cool cuz u gotta have the bubbles showing too

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
If youre not talking the Ultimate Edition of BvS then youre not talking the movie. I never saw the theatrical, so i dont care about it, although some of the things missing i read abbout were mind boggling to me. They didnt show the burned bodies or kgbeast making sure prisoners killed the branded criminals:gucci:

Right now civil war is slightly. better, but we'll see on rewatches. It's crazy how similsr both movies are but in retrospect zemos plan is far worse than Lex's. They both want the villains to fight each other but at least hes actively setting it up, instead of relying on coincidence like zemo does. He also is directly responsible for Doomsday unlike having no idea iron man would show up siberia to complete his plan :comeon:

Theres a bunch of corny shyt but it's mostly in yhe beginning. Bruce tells jack to evacuate everyone, but jack stays :martin:

Mcnairy is a shytty actor:martin:

Eisenberg is AWFUL:hhh: his worst performance by far. If he just played it more lowkey, the zuckerberg style of lex could have wotked, buut this shyt :upsetfavre:

Wonder woman was ok, but shes like spiderman in civil war, completely superfluous. The scene where they look up the rest of the heroes adds nothing. And why did she steal bruces hacking thing, if she didnt actively want to stop lex:why:

The bat-supes fight :whoo: the martha thing is completely overblown like i knew it would be :beli:

I actually enjoyed the finale. The fight was good, and it was cool seeing the heroes work together.

Doomsday might be the strongest villain ever in a comic movie:patrice:

Dont get the church lady gasps about batman. He killed in Dark Knight Returns, which is what this is based off of. Hes 20 years deep, and robins death made him become more severe. Even alfred is more upset with hhim because of it. It makes sense. And hes not doing it for laughs like keaton sticking dynamite in a henchmans pants either:pachaha:

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Warehouse scene was the only redeeming part of BvS
So many cringe worthy scenes

1) Lex Luthor putting a jolly rancher in that man's mouth, fukk everything about Lex Luthor

2) Martha...

3) Superman sacrificing himself when everyone and they're mama knew he would be in JL

4) Supes leaving the battle to saves Lois' dumb ass

5) WW essentially watching Justice League teasers for no reason

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
lol yall still hatin on zemo? who said his plan was for just tony and stark (he mentions wanting them to crumble from within...an empire fall), no one knew the avengers wld divide beforehand, one wld assume as a team they wld come to an agreement together. i'm sure zemo expected them all to show up and then divide from either siding with stark or cap after the reveal. luckily the accords and his bombing just push the split faster and had it on its last legs. plus cap already figured his plan in the debriefing of bucky: bomb a high level place and frame buck to get all eyes on him and capture him, pose as doctor and get info from bucky; the rest is him waiting on the avengers to find him then show the video its simple as hell and not coincidental as yall say it is. plus he's a secret ops member i'm sure he cld decode the leaked hydra stuff to learn about the colonel dude house and the red books secrets and not to mention certain dates and events (the starks dieing).