I find it interesting that you guys are praising Jay-Z pro black economic growth ideas on 4:44

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Should people switch streaming service because its owned by jayz if they were already better around ones before tidal?

Before you ask, I have sprint and had a tidal 6th month trial.
I'm not gonna say what another man should do but the only reason I chose Tidal over the other services was because a black mans name was attached to it

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
Tidal is ran by cacs. You think just because Hov's the face of it that it's a black business? Breh has been paying for two years but I bet doesn't actually shop at black owned businesses or banks.

People kill me with all of this shiit. Pro black is what is hot for these entertainers. And they will sell it to you so you can eat it all up and throw your money at them.

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Tidal is ran by cacs. You think just because Hov's the face of it that it's a black business? Breh has been paying for two years but I bet doesn't actually shop at black owned businesses or banks.

People kill me with all of this shiit. Pro black is what is hot for these entertainers. And they will sell it to you so you can eat it all up and throw your money at them.

This ^^ It seem like being pro black is the wave. I saw David Banner on the breakfast club and he was bragging about how he gets spayed to speak now. Then he dropped some quasi-woke album on us. Same with T.I. He dropped a cringeworthy pro black video :scust:. But he stilll on reality tv partaking in ratchetness for the whole world to see. I'm not saying that Jay Z and some of these other entertainers aren't pro black but they are just being pro black because that was is "IN" now. Beyoncé did a "pro black" Super Bowl performance and she sooo woke now but she can't even get on interview and articulate her thoughts. These rich black folks just donate to black causes, say a canned statement and we automatically assume their pro black.

When that picture of Tidal employees dropped a couple years ago I didn't see not one black person. shyt might've changed , idk. If it wasn't for all these black entertainers gassing up all that luxury white and asian products most black peoples wouldn't know what they was to begin with. I dnt hear Justin Bieber shouting out luxury brands or Taylor Swift. Only rappers like him doing 10+ years of luxury white brand name dropping and noooow they want to change the tide. :comeon:

Do what best for you and your family. If it's equal or better product go black, if not do what's best for you.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I support tidal not just cause its black owned but also cause it's superior in sound quality and caters to black music and black content more than any other service. It's not even close really. A black man owning it makes it a no brainer.

Folks in here making all types of excuses as if apple, google or spotify "pockets aint hurtin" or full of cacs working there. Black bosses>> cac workers. Jay is using his platform correctly now thay he is in position to do so.. bailing black fathers out a jail, puttin on black directors and artist, supporting grassroots movements, putting out content like the kalief browder story and bringing that to the mainstream. Now he is preaching financial literacy on his new album..

In 2017Jay is doin what he should be doing with his platform... the same stuff yall complain that wealthy blacks should be doing everyday on here... the question is are you doing your part? I support black when possible. That's one way.. When Kapernick took a stand folks left him hangin.. as a consequence there is no incentive for athletes or any public figure to do anything that brave again cause they see most of yall just all talk and will keep supporting white supremacy. Im not even watchin nfl this year.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
But let white folks start using Tidal en mass, and watch how many nikkas flock to sign up.

I think it's more about what the service can do for the individual versus who is the 'face' of the product.

I had no streaming services until I found out that I get Youtube Red and Google Play Music for 10 bucks a month. That is a great deal for me. Other people have Spotify because they have a free tier and it contains most of the music they are familiar with.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
This ^^ It seem like being pro black is the wave. I saw David Banner on the breakfast club and he was bragging about how he gets spayed to speak now. Then he dropped some quasi-woke album on us. Same with T.I. He dropped a cringeworthy pro black video :scust:. But he stilll on reality tv partaking in ratchetness for the whole world to see. I'm not saying that Jay Z and some of these other entertainers aren't pro black but they are just being pro black because that was is "IN" now. Beyoncé did a "pro black" Super Bowl performance and she sooo woke now but she can't even get on interview and articulate her thoughts. These rich black folks just donate to black causes, say a canned statement and we automatically assume their pro black.

When that picture of Tidal employees dropped a couple years ago I didn't see not one black person. shyt might've changed , idk. If it wasn't for all these black entertainers gassing up all that luxury white and asian products most black peoples wouldn't know what they was to begin with. I dnt hear Justin Bieber shouting out luxury brands or Taylor Swift. Only rappers like him doing 10+ years of luxury white brand name dropping and noooow they want to change the tide. :comeon:

Do what best for you and your family. If it's equal or better product go black, if not do what's best for you.

The funny thing is...Black people are so blind to what real wealth is...that when White people wanna sell overpriced shyt to nikkas, they'll go make a Black person a brand ambassador...

Jay Z doesn't own Tidal or RocNation outright...

Jay Z sold a third of his shares Tidal to Sprint, then the artists got shares in it.

RocNation is in partnership with....Live Nation and Universal Music

Roc Nation Sport is in partnership with Creative Artists Agency

nikkas need to stop letting these bullshyt as Pro-Black preachers make it seem like they are "independent" when most of these nikkas value is selling shyt to Black people and they are just glorified spokesmen and shyt...

These nikkas relationship with White people is fukking chummy as fukk...they ain't bucking no system...they actually perpetuate celebrity worship and striving by not telling the fukking truth...

When Jay Z was bragging about owning the Nets and this nikka didn't even own 2 percent of that shyt...yall nikkas should've known what the game is...

But nah...nikkas like hearing bullshyt from famous nikkas...instead of actual academics and people with training...

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aren't the majority of workers at Tidal white tho? Practice what you preach in ALL aspects of your life or be quiet.

If you bought apple, facebook, spotify or google tomorrow what color would all your employees be?

Jay bought an existing company. And that tidal pic 2 years ago was at their old hq in europe somewhere.

Yall act like rocnation and jays ground up businesses dont exist. Jay got blacks execs and workers all through his businesses he started from the ground up. Stop making excuses.

delta

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:salute:thats all that needs to be said

drake, jay, bey, rihanna could go to the breakfast club right now, have a real pro black interview with charlamagne that will probably get 5 mil views

but that would cost them some $$$ endorsement money so nah

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
The funny thing is...Black people are so blind to what real wealth is...that when White people wanna sell overpriced shyt to nikkas, they'll go make a Black person a brand ambassador...

Jay Z doesn't own Tidal or RocNation outright...

Jay Z sold a third of his shares Tidal to Sprint, then the artists got shares in it.

RocNation is in partnership with....Live Nation and Universal Music

Roc Nation Sport is in partnership with Creative Artists Agency

nikkas need to stop letting these bullshyt as Pro-Black preachers make it seem like they are "independent" when most of these nikkas value is selling shyt to Black people and they are just glorified spokesmen and shyt...

These nikkas relationship with White people is fukking chummy as fukk...they ain't bucking no system...they actually perpetuate celebrity worship and striving by not telling the fukking truth...

When Jay Z was bragging about owning the nets and this nikka didn't even own 2 percent of that shyt...yall nikkas should've known what the game is...

But nah...nikkas like hearing bullshyt from famous nikkas...instead of actual academics and people with training...

Real talk pro black entertainers are the new preachers. People should've known what was up when he was out here campaigning for Hillary and tha bytch cared more about LBGT rights and Mexicans than black issues. She just had Jay-Z and Beyoncé support her and she figured she had black vote sowed up. Why I dnt hear Jay-Z and Beyoncé big up the the other democrats like the state representatives. When the election was over we ain't heard a peep out for them about politics. They should still be encouraging people to vote in local elections but nawl they quiet.

Another example of when Akon was supposedly investing like a billion dollars or some like that to give people lights in Africa. People was giving him all types of praise and all types of memes showing support by it was really a chinese company investing all the money and they needed a popular African to be the face so they chose Akon. I'm not saying that Akon wasn't doing his part to help but he wasn't the backer. If it wasn't for the Chinese (who slowly investing and trying to take over Africa) it wouldn't have happened.