I find it interesting that you guys are praising Jay-Z pro black economic growth ideas on 4:44

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The funny thing is...Black people are so blind to what real wealth is...that when White people wanna sell overpriced shyt to nikkas, they'll go make a Black person a brand ambassador...

I was in Vegas with my boy and we went to Urban Necessities as he wanted to buy some kicks. There were several pairs of Yeezy's there that cost at least 400 dollars. This was the first time I actually laid eyes on an actual pair and I couldn't believe how much these things were. The Jordans were no better, with ridiculous price tags themselves. I can't believe there are people spending their whole paycheck on these things.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
It's a partnership with Sprint who's owned by SoftBank.

If Jay really wanted to make it FOR the people, he could have :stopitslime:

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The funny thing is...Black people are so blind to what real wealth is...that when White people wanna sell overpriced shyt to nikkas, they'll go make a Black person a brand ambassador...

Jay Z doesn't own Tidal or RocNation outright...

Jay Z sold a third of his shares Tidal to Sprint, then the artists got shares in it.

RocNation is in partnership with....Live Nation and Universal Music

Roc Nation Sport is in partnership with Creative Artists Agency

nikkas need to stop letting these bullshyt as Pro-Black preachers make it seem like they are "independent" when most of these nikkas value is selling shyt to Black people and they are just glorified spokesmen and shyt...

These nikkas relationship with White people is fukking chummy as fukk...they ain't bucking no system...they actually perpetuate celebrity worship and striving by not telling the fukking truth...

When Jay Z was bragging about owning the Nets and this nikka didn't even own 2 percent of that shyt...yall nikkas should've known what the game is...

But nah...nikkas like hearing bullshyt from famous nikkas...instead of actual academics and people with training...

Dumb posts like this are why education and financial literacy are important. It's clear You don't even understand what ownership is. Zuckerberg does not own 100% of facebook either. But he owns the controlling stake. Likewise Jay has the controlling stake of ownership in Tidal and it's parent company Aspiro. And that's what matters in business. Strategic partners are just that.

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
The rationalizations against this thread are beyond retarded. Brehs are really in here doing their best
full

Last edited:

ace416

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Smh at the excuses in this thread. You would think supporting ppl that best represent you would be common sense.

Even if Jay a frontman, every ceo is. Supporting black representation sets a precedent. If Companies see having black CEO's increases revenue guess what? they'd have no choice but to hire more blacks in those positions.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
It's a partnership with Sprint who's owned by SoftBank.

If Jay really wanted to make it FOR the people, he could have :stopitslime:

But Jay Z is an independent Black businessman...

nikkas really need to see that famous Black people in business are spokesmen/women for multi billion dollar corporations...

To put it in drug dealer terms...Jay Z is a fukking runner for some of the biggest drug dealers...Jay Z is like fukking Dre from Power...

But this nikka tells you...he run shyt...:mjlol:

I was in Vegas with my boy and we went to Urban Necessities as he wanted to buy some kicks. There were several pairs of Yeezy's there that cost at least 400 dollars. This was the first time I actually laid eyes on an actual pair and I couldn't believe how much these things were. The Jordans were no better, with ridiculous price tags themselves. I can't believe there are people spending their whole paycheck on these things.

Exactly...

White people are eating up this Pro-Black economic shyt...

All it is means is more money for their Black facing brands...selling overpriced bullshyt to nikkas that can't afford it...:snoop:

White people be in the meeting with a famous nikka...

"So all you have to do is tell them that you own it and they will buy it..." :ld:

"Yeah..." :lupe:

"Or just look like you own it and they will buy it..." :skip:

"Pretty much..." :pachaha:

"How fukking stupid can these people be...here's your 2 million endorsement deal and your 3 percent stake in the company...we about to make some money together..." :bryan:

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Supporting black business should be something every black person is in favor of.....but not at the expense of common sense. When you buy a product/service, it should be because it benefits you the best. If someone else is offering a better product/service than you, why should people keep buying from you?

Real talk pro black entertainers are the new preachers. People should've known what was up when he was out here campaigning for Hillary and tha bytch cared more about LBGT rights and Mexicans than black issues. She just had Jay-Z and Beyoncé support her and she figured she had black vote sowed up. Why I dnt hear Jay-Z and Beyoncé big up the the other democrats like the state representatives. When the election was over we ain't heard a peep out for them about politics. They should still be encouraging people to vote in local elections but nawl they quiet.

Another example of when Akon was supposedly investing like a billion dollars or some like that to give people lights in Africa. People was giving him all types of praise and all types of memes showing support by it was really a chinese company investing all the money and they needed a popular African to be the face so they chose Akon. I'm not saying that Akon wasn't doing his part to help but he wasn't the backer. If it wasn't for the Chinese (who slowly investing and trying to take over Africa) it wouldn't have happened.

Have you ever looked at a financial statement or financial statistics of any large organization or foundation and wonder why they spend so much money on marketing and advertisements? The power of influence is riveting. If you can sell an idea you increase the perceived value of a product or service which allows you to jack up the price. It's really interesting when you think about it.

BooksnCookies

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MaizenBlue
If you bought apple, facebook, spotify or google tomorrow what color would all your employees be?

Jay bought an existing company. And that tidal pic 2 years ago was at their old hq in europe somewhere.

Yall act like rocnation and jays ground up businesses dont exist. Jay got blacks execs and workers all through his businesses he started from the ground up. Stop making excuses.

Are there any streaming companies 100% black employees? I doubt it. Therefore I'll spend my money where a black man is the face of it

Calm down. I don't care where J spends his money. I buy and use all the ish you mentioned. I'm just saying that if you're serious about only Black business then make sure an ample number of people are Black behind the scenes. Otherwise the argument degrades a lil. If he has hired Black people behind the scenes, then fine. Excellent.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Tidal is ran by cacs. You think just because Hov's the face of it that it's a black business? Breh has been paying for two years but I bet doesn't actually shop at black owned businesses or banks.

People kill me with all of this shiit. Pro black is what is hot for these entertainers. And they will sell it to you so you can eat it all up and throw your money at them.

I like how you judge without knowing me. I do shop at black owned businesses

1) toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash ( gardners garden)

2) Soap ( touch )

3) laundry detergent ( true detergent)

4) Just recently started shopping on negash for shoes.

:camby: don't judge what you don't know fukk boy.

Daps
Dumb posts like this are why education and financial literacy are important. It's clear You don't even understand what ownership is. Zuckerberg does not own 100% of facebook either. But he owns the controlling stake. Likewise Jay has the controlling stake of ownership in Tidal and it's parent company Aspiro. And that's what matters in business. Strategic partners are just that.

People really dapped his dumb ass post too. Most business owners on that scale don't own 100% of the company but they make sure they always own the majority.

nikka really said sprint owns a 3rd of it, I bet they think Steve jobs owned 100% of apple:snoop: