‘I hope I can quit working in a few years’: A preview of the U.S. without pensions

BoBurnz

Superstar
Daps
The Republicans are destroying Medicare and Social Security. Don’t be surprised when there is a health care crisis that upends the economy and get used to seeing large numbers of homeless and psychically debilitated older Americans. Things are going to hit the fan.
With the mandate out a recession is guaranteed. It's coming in the next 9 months it's gonna get real real bad.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I believe the need for social cohesion will bring about UBI

Go back to your cato talking points :skip:

But seriously.. there is no stopping the break down of social cohesion. The usa's social contract time is up.

If you want mass riots and over 70% unemployment with no money, best to have a way to have UBI.

It's easier to just kill all of those people

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Go back to your cato talking points :skip:

But seriously.. there is no stopping the break down of social cohesion. The usa's social contract time is up.

It's easier to just kill all of those people

Kill nearly nearly 240 million people and not have a World War break out? :skip:

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
nikka how does single payer health care "placate a demographic"? How on earth is health insurance being a guaranteed right something you are against?
Nowhere in the Declaration of Independence does it say there is a right to health care. The purpose of the US Constitution, as stated in the Preamble, is to "promote the general welfare," not to provide it. The Bill of Rights lists a number of personal freedoms that the government cannot infringe upon, not material goods or services that the government must provide.. I think the question is why be against it, not how can one be against it.

That said, i'm warming up to single payer:manny: I just believe cacs would f*ck it up so its still a no go for me.
As I stated earlier in the thread, its a "good idea"... but based on this nations track record, anything crafted by white supremacist will ultimately favor them and somehow further marginalize blacks.

I was referring more to the duplicitous safety nets we have in place that have either been part of the anti black agenda or ineffective in combating it.
:blessed:We must demand reparations!

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Nowhere in the Declaration of Independence does it say there is a right to health care. The purpose of the US Constitution, as stated in the Preamble, is to "promote the general welfare," not to provide it. The Bill of Rights lists a number of personal freedoms that the government cannot infringe upon, not material goods or services that the government must provide.. I think the question is why be against it, not how can one be against it.

That said, i'm warming up to single payer:manny: I just believe cacs would f*ck it up so its still a no go for me.
As I stated earlier in the thread, its a "good idea"... but based on this nations track record, anything crafted by white supremacist will ultimately favor them and somehow further marginalize blacks.

I was referring more to the duplicitous safety nets we have in place that have either been part of the anti black agenda or ineffective in combating it.
:blessed:We must demand reparations!

The constitution was written at a time when the average schmuck couldn't spell his name and didn't do shyt but square dance and subsistence farm, then die at 50 of pneumonia. Now, people expect street lights, plumbing, internet, streets, and regulations to make sure you're not drinking piss or poison out of your faucet. The constitution doesn't guarantee you any of that either, but we have federal regulations to keep corporate america from killing us all for a profit. Health care is a natural extension of all that. And, I'm guessing you were too young for the whole health care debate when Obama got elected? We already know that you get shyttier health care when you let the same corporations decide who gets what. Health care won't be "fixed" until we have a single payer, government run or heavily regulated industry.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
The constitution was written at a time when the average schmuck couldn't spell his name and didn't do shyt but square dance and subsistence farm, then die at 50 of pneumonia. Now, people expect street lights, plumbing, internet, streets, and regulations to make sure you're not drinking piss or poison out of your faucet. The constitution doesn't guarantee you any of that either, but we have federal regulations to keep corporate america from killing us all for a profit. Health care is a natural extension of all that. And, I'm guessing you were too young for the whole health care debate when Obama got elected? We already know that you get shyttier health care when you let the same corporations decide who gets what. Health care won't be "fixed" until we have a single payer, government run or heavily regulated industry.
i'm warming up to single payer I just believe cacs would f*ck it up so its still a no go for me.

:yeshrug: You have a lot more trust/faith in white America than I do... we'll just have to leave it at that.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
When the streets are lined with broke ass old bums again, people will remember why we used to invest in pension plans and protection them from rats like Mitt Romney
You mean when they are lined with blond haired, blue eyed bums... blacks are already lining them, and have been for a long time.
Your post is a glaring example of what I've been harping on.:wow:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/06/black-families-homeless_n_1324290.html
Study Explores How Race Impacts Homelessness
https://www.hudexchange.info/resources/documents/2016-AHAR-Part-1.pdf
Black is the Face of Homelessness | Black Voice News

:ufdup:
Stop focusing on the poor/workers/etc. and start focusing on blacks specifically.

Moich

Banned
Daps
Trying to frame your anti union anti pension arguments into some fake black power shyt is pretty shameless, even for you.

I usually don’t even talk to you but how delusional are you? how can you proport to be in favour of black people in America knowing that you don’t support government programs that would disproportionately help African Americans? Furthermore, if this were Black workers, wouldn’t they be further effected by the lack of pensions due to the communities lower net worth and reduced home ownership rates/home value?

Don’t even respond with answers please just consider the questions and the racial connotations and gravity of your positions.

:damn:going for the jugular.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Kill nearly nearly 240 million people and not have a World War break out? :skip:

war is baked into the cake. uncle sam goes down and that's a massive power vacuum. and factoring in the rigging the west had down globally.....it will be at least a solid gen of shyt

:ohhh:You really on some 'its all over' shyt?

yeah it's over for the usa, but it's not all over. :manny:

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
State governments have been struggling to pay pensions since 2008. This GOP tax plan is going to force city and state govt like New York to cut spending and lower taxes. Which will make the pension crisis worst. Smh America is heading toward dark times.