‘I hope I can quit working in a few years’: A preview of the U.S. without pensions

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
The standard of living is dropping in America.

Rapidly.

In direct proportion to the rise of the standard of living in China, India and shyt.

SOHH

People are so terrified that they can't afford their 3 story house on half an acre.. when prolly 10 people could live on that plot.

Which is exactly where we're headed. Just have to posse up and make it work. It's actually smarter to fill an empty house with people. Have the younger ones help care for the older ones... et cetera.

'But I won't be able to own two or three cars of my own!!'

Nope. 10 people like 3 cars amongst them. Boom. Solar panels. No $300 shoes. Grow a garden.

Anyways. It's like tryna stop a river with your bare hands. Might as well learn to swim.
That’s not how you’re going to grow the economy.

Truthfully, your post is a snap-shot of the maniacally moronic.

Boom! Solar Panels!

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
That’s not how you’re going to grow the economy.

Truthfully, your post is a snap-shot of the maniacally moronic.

Boom! Solar Panels!

Once the people are huddled up in one house 10 deep they will start thinking practically.

In places where solar is working well it's .. cheaper .. so .. Boom .. it comes to pass.

And so on. With growing food. Making clothes.

I guess I need to clarify. This is the point at which it levels out. Perhaps a few more decades. When our average standard of living matches the standard of living of the average person in China.

shyt will seem fukked up to people alive now who live to see it, but the new niqqas will just adapt. Drink water most of the time. Eat veg. Bunk up.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
State governments have been struggling to pay pensions since 2008. This GOP tax plan is going to force city and state govt like New York to cut spending and lower taxes. Which will make the pension crisis worst. Smh America is heading toward dark times.
i believe that people need to get paid what they signed on the dotted line for, but the bottom line is that these states need to say "going forward, this is the new pension plan", and rework the deals with these unions for new employees. because whats happening with these ponzi scheme pensions is bullshyt :camby:

so either find the money, or tell these fukkin entitled unions that "this is how your salary works" going forward (i think they need to pay people more up front and cut pensions by a percentage). you cant pay people 80 percent of their salary for the rest of their life for not working :dead:

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The reason is Republicans brag on cutting taxes then cut things people won't notice like infrastructure maintenance and pension payouts. Then, when the bill finally comes do, they cry poverty. If you have a pension system, you KNOW how much you have to put in. Our pro-corporate government made it legal to declare bankruptcy and shed pension obligations though. That's how Romney made all his money.

When I found this out, I honestly laughed at the travesty of it all.

Corporations can declare bankruptcy to get out of debt they owe to people but people cannot declare bankruptcy to shed student loans they owe to corporations (and the government). God bless America.:troll:

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
God bless America.:troll:

Do you know what’s sad? The racism in this country. You have people on their death bed who were given a second chance still parroting racist rhetoric. How the hell can you see the other side and still believe the stuff you do?

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
these fukkin entitled unions
you actually believe this fox news gimmick:

mn6o8Fs.jpg

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
i believe that people need to get paid what they signed on the dotted line for, but the bottom line is that these states need to say "going forward, this is the new pension plan", and rework the deals with these unions for new employees. because whats happening with these ponzi scheme pensions is bullshyt :camby:

so either find the money, or tell these fukkin entitled unions that "this is how your salary works" going forward (i think they need to pay people more up front and cut pensions by a percentage). you cant pay people 80 percent of their salary for the rest of their life for not working :dead:

Please never call Nap autistic again...

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you actually believe this fox news gimmick:

mn6o8Fs.jpg
this isnt 1910 :stopitslime: these unions won the fight to keep children out of coal mines a hundred years ago, im not gonna listen to this tired narrative that they're all heroes. unions are as bloated and corrupt as anything else in this fukkin country

FDR warned against unionizing public employees, and billions of dollars in unfunded liabilities later, not to mention explicit entrenchment in american politics, he might have been right :yeshrug:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Please never call Nap autistic again...
thats a poor argument :jaymad: and hes not autistic, hes just a DNC whore

why exactly does working for the government = a god given right to a set of benefits? because you're the one who has to explain why the ponzi scheme isnt working, im just an observer

illinois is about to go bankrupt over this shyt. connecticut, etc. why is this system immune from criticism?

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Guys who work for a living got themselves a seat at the table and the fat cats are mad about it.:umad:

And they want you to be mad about it too.:umad:

And you are, I guess.:umad:
illinois could have its AG rob every 'fat cat' in the state of their entire bank accounts, and it wouldnt solve its impending budget crisis :heh:

i dont blame the employees, i blame the politicians :ehh: but a problem is a problem. i was one of the biggest bernie sanders dikkriders on the site, im not anti union. im anti- a compensation system that doesnt work

JoogJoint

In my own league.
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space
I don't feel sorry for all these Baby Boomers. They had time to figure this sh_t out and kept voting for other Baby Boomers who ruined this country for my generation. Like somebody upthread said, by the time my generation gets to be their age we won't even to retire until we're dead.

Thanks, Baby Boomers for ruining the country.