I inadvertently let my connects at BET/Viacom find out about The Coli...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Dre

Melanated God
Supporter
Daps
So, long story short my industry friends (All of them are Black) were coming back to my spot and one of them asked to use my MacBook (which was open on TLR).

Next thing I know she's reading the forum and cracking up. Described the site as a "hidden treasure trove of Black media content"

Rookie mistake I know, but it wound up helping all of us out cuz now they're offering Black Coli media content creators an opportunity next week in NYC to build. (it's not just open to Coli brehs obviously but they wanted to extend the opportunity to yall)

Not a lot of people know about this, it's almost a fake secret conference for Black media creators at the Viacom headquarters.

Make no mistake, if you have over 20k daps you are a content creator, people fukk with your POV and it's time you monetize it.

I know there's a lot of brehs with podcasts/YouTube channels etc. that could really benefit from this

2exo6yt.png

RSVP link if you're interested in coming through. (I'll be there too if y'all wanna build)

The Culture Collab - Splash

Follow the IG account (these are my homegirls so don't violate. :ufdup:)

Tag any brehs that do media, this is a potentially a big opportunity for us to make money doing shyt we do on the coli for free. :yeshrug:

*In b4 nikkas say Viacom is white owned so none of this matters. :troll:

Stay home while the rest of us network with young Black millennials.:manny:

ADK

Cleaner, I got this.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
Boiiii you cool and all but I really wanna smack the shyt outta u for thinking I got enough money to travel more than 3 miles down the road. shyts disrespectful for all the work I put into The Coli :gucci:

Tell them to do this in Charlotte, the next black mecca.

Treblemaka

President, BYNKRadio.com (Retired)
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment
Viacom/BET/MTV are VERY aware of the Coli and have been for at least 2 years.

Coli content is on MTV especially its just repurposed so its harder to notice.

I didnt just stumble upon the Coli i was lurking here a LONG time before I joined and I was made aware of it by someone who works for iHeart Media

MTV, comedy central network TV writers have lurked here, brehs.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest

I didnt just stumble upon the Coli i was lurking here a LONG time before I joined.

And so do many MTV, comedy central network TV writers.

How you know. Did you work for one of these Companies?

Y2Dre

Melanated God
Supporter
Daps
OP needs to be smacked for being careless.

Then this nikka try to butter up the people on here with "ayo you a content creater with 20k daps my man, make money off that shyt." :mjlol:

You do realize there is a podcast where a cac literally just reads the coli and makes money off it right?

You dap fishing so I'm not really taking you too seriously, but if you DONT wanna make extra bread or learn to make money off your online persona/ POV that's completely up to you.

I really don't care breh.

You're acting like you're somehow hurting ME by YOU turning down an opportunity to make money.:rudy:

Last edited:

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps

I didnt just stumble upon the Coli i was lurking here a LONG time before I joined and I was made aware of it by someone who works for iHeart Media

MTV, comedy central network TV writers have lurked here, brehs.
:ohhh:

and I stumbled on this because I saw it mentioned on twitter + I was done w/ them fags on niketalk :russ:

Forum is dope af tho :blessed:

edit: I'm close to being a tastemaker :pachaha:

Status
Not open for further replies.