I think Eminem needs direction

Sinister

Banned
Daps
This was most recently inspired by @Tony D'Amato saying Fat Joe should EP an Em album.

I also distinctly remember someone saying Proof was the creative force that glued D12 together and that his death left them in a position where nothing worked.

I also heard Stat Quo (who ironically used to be on Shady) was a huge part of why Jesus Piece was so cohesive in comparison to the mismatch cluster fukk that was Red album.

Maybe Em like others is the type of guy who can rap well but needs someone to focus him, create the overall tone, or at least filter the music for him. Don't know who would be the best guy to do it though. Certainly not Dre. He's been all over the place and in many ways seems to know less than even Em. I don't think Paul Rosenberg either. Not only is he a failed rapper but I think he's a huge part of the problems Shady and Em have had.

After listening to Busta explain how hard Jimmy Iovine pushed him to do "I love my bytch" I think he's much better at the business side if the music business than the music...at least in this particular genre.

Now Royce on the other hand....he seems to be the best person for this to me. He consistently creates great projects. I felt he carried bad meets evil and not alike was a stand out on Kamikaze. He has a great chemistry with Em. Royce was talking about making beats and how the appropriate beat is more important than having the better beat. He also seems to the best SONG WRITER out of SH.

Royce is not only the unspoken leader of SH. I remember Proof saying that Royce was more talented than all of them in D12....on the beef dvd in the midst of the beef. Royce knows about flow, lyrics, but he's even making beats now. Royce also is a ghostwriter. Royce even has several mixtapes. Full fledged rap over other people's beats type mixtapes...not just albums they call mixtapes

I feel like it may be no coincidence that Em went from corny accents and talking about boo boo and stuff all the time to having better content right after Royce came back.

What do you guys think?

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Game mentioned something that made sense. He couldn't believe when Em asked him of he liked the verse for documentary. Then shocked again when Nas asked the same thing on a feature. Game said it dont matter if he like it, they fans gonna like it and support it. Basically he just wanted their fans to like it. Point is, nobody is really going to check Eminem. He has way too many yes men. Boogie and Griselda aint gonna shyt on his verse, cuz they know the verse serves its purpose. Getting more listeners.

Em needs someone he respects to be like, this aint it homey. He seems to really respect Fat Joe. I do think he would listen to him

Sinister

Banned
Daps
Game mentioned something that made sense. He couldn't believe when Em asked him of he liked the verse for documentary. Then shocked again when Nas asked the same thing on a feature. Game said it dont matter if he like it, they fans gonna like it and support it. Basically he just wanted their fans to like it. Point is, nobody is really going to check Eminem. He has way too many yes men. Boogie and Griselda aint gonna shyt on his verse, cuz they know the verse serves its purpose. Getting more listeners.

Em needs someone he respects to be like, this aint it homey. He seems to really respect Fat Joe. I do think he would listen to him
I heard Em and Stat fell out over such a criticism

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Been said Proof was the non yes man guy of the camp, been that way since him and Em first started.

Royce could be that guy for Em now as Em respects him sees him as an equal or better even as a rapper, those griselda cats seem to be rubbing off on him too as far as their movement.

swerve

All Star
Daps
I heard Em and Stat fell out over such a criticism
Stat should've just done the chorus and been a platinum selling artist

I understand you want your project done in one way creatively but that was so me short term thinking

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
The bass brothers and Dre to a lesser extent were always good at handling the musicality for him, because that's what he lacks the most. They would work with him and get him emotionally invested in a sound and it would guide his pen. As for now...a lot of his post Relapse work is him just trying to operate like a regular rapper, picking from this or that producer with no real structure.

It pisses me off because I love Relapse and it's really the only album where Dre actually did the lions share of the production. With all the medicine/pill promo for Revival I figured it would just be another Dre dominant beat package with different content, instead you got him trying to cover too many bases with so many different types of producers and sounds.

If anybody should EP an Eminem album right now...it should be Kendrick. For one, they trying to pass the torch to him anyway, they have similar rapping styles and if Kendrick is as involved on the boards as people think he is, he could be a much better influence on a modern Eminem album than anybody. The notion that you're gonna get a straight up boom bap album from Em is out the window, he's got too many different types of fans to cater to but a Kendrick/Eminem project would be great PR for both artists.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Been said Proof was the non yes man guy of the camp, been that way since him and Em first started.

Royce could be that guy for Em now as Em respects him sees him as an equal or better even as a rapper, those griselda cats seem to be rubbing off on him too as far as their movement.

Maybe an improvement on a BME type project is about the best you'd get with Royce, which is cool but he has his own issues that would just compound with Em's if you just left them alone with no musical guidance.