I think Eminem needs direction

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Game mentioned something that made sense. He couldn't believe when Em asked him of he liked the verse for documentary. Then shocked again when Nas asked the same thing on a feature. Game said it dont matter if he like it, they fans gonna like it and support it. Basically he just wanted their fans to like it. Point is, nobody is really going to check Eminem. He has way too many yes men. Boogie and Griselda aint gonna shyt on his verse, cuz they know the verse serves its purpose. Getting more listeners.

Em needs someone he respects to be like, this aint it homey. He seems to really respect Fat Joe. I do think he would listen to him

I agree with OP and this.

However, this won't come to pass until Em himself decides who it is he wants to be.
I say that meaning - what is the mark he wants to leave on The Rap Game?
If he dies tomorrow, what does he want people to say about his legacy?

If it was me, and I was a guy who was near him - I would suggest him going Old School.
Sometimes the only way to go forward is to go back.

Sinister

Banned
Daps

However, this won't come to pass until Em himself decides who it is he wants to be.

If it was me, and I was a guy who was near him - I would suggest him going Old School.

The last line is probably one of the greatest profound statements I've heard in my life

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali

“Don’t Front” is a preview of exactly the direction he should go.

How he rapped over “Lord Above” is direction he should take.

I mean...ALCHEMIST is LITERALLY right there at his disposal! :mindblown:

Doodle

Banned
Daps
He needs direction out of hip hop and he can take alchemist with him.

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Game mentioned something that made sense. He couldn't believe when Em asked him of he liked the verse for documentary. Then shocked again when Nas asked the same thing on a feature. Game said it dont matter if he like it, they fans gonna like it and support it. Basically he just wanted their fans to like it. Point is, nobody is really going to check Eminem. He has way too many yes men. Boogie and Griselda aint gonna shyt on his verse, cuz they know the verse serves its purpose. Getting more listeners.

Em needs someone he respects to be like, this aint it homey. He seems to really respect Fat Joe. I do think he would listen to him
This.

Ppl go crazy, and not just white ppl, when i say Eminem sucks now. And I'm like, what made yall like Eminem?

Was it his old content and flow, or do you hug his nuts just because ppl say hes the greatest?

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
Em had his time. All rappers do.

The problem is his style is of the angry, man-boy with shock tactics. That style doesn't age well. Especially at 47.

Recovery was a good change of pace for him with songs like 'not afraid'.

Em just runs to the well too much because that is all he knows.

Dre made Em.

And Dre brought him back to life with Relapse.

But Dre is just chilling counting his money these days and taking pictures in the studio with random rappers and producers.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Stat was a nobody. He shoulda played his part and kept his mouth shut. Mr Porter should have that kinda relationship with Em.

Stat became a respected quasi A&R at Interscope, who has worked with multiple artists. There's great value in having somebody who can give advice on pockets and beats. Em's biggest problem (besides terrible lyrics) is that he tries to fit too many words and syllables into each bar. The result is an off beat staggered flow that sounds terrible to everyone outside of certain types of white people who hear a white dude rap fast and say "yup, he's the greatest of all time."

Em needs someone who can tell him nah man that's wack, or hey man you should do that over but simpler. Just Blaze has spoken about this as well, in terms of Em having yes men. I think the damage has been done though, it's hard to imagine him ever making decent music again. I don't see how he can listen to shyt like...Cole or Drake or Kdot or even guys on his own squad like Benny/Conway...and not realize his flow is trash. Listen to how effortlessly those guys rap...and then listen to yourself, fam.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Stat became a respected quasi A&R at Interscope, who has worked with multiple artists. There's great value in having somebody who can give advice on pockets and beats. Em's biggest problem (besides terrible lyrics) is that he tries to fit too many words and syllables into each bar. The result is an off beat staggered flow that sounds terrible to everyone outside of certain types of white people who hear a white dude rap fast and say "yup, he's the greatest of all time."

Em needs someone who can tell him nah man that's wack, or hey man you should do that over but simpler. Just Blaze has spoken about this as well, in terms of Em having yes men. I think the damage has been done though, it's hard to imagine him ever making decent music again. I don't see how he can listen to shyt like...Cole or Drake or Kdot or even guys on his own squad like Benny/Conway...and not realize his flow is trash. Listen to how effortlessly those guys rap...and then listen to yourself, fam.
His flow isn't always trash, he still has his moments of amazing.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
At this point, if he's putting out an album, it needs to have a unified theme. Something that has cohesion and a consistent sound, like his classic work or Relapse or Kamikaze. Somebody like Eminem doesn't need to work with all these different producers. Just a few collaborators that he trusts. Mr. Porter, Alchemist, Luis Resto, Dre. People that will have him on strictly hip hop shyt.

He also needs to stay off the boards and focus solely on writing again. Make an album like back in the day, where the MC would just rap like the MC is supposed to do and the DJ would handle the beats. Eminem's problem is he has too much involvement in everything. Relapse allowed him to get rid of writer's block because Dre took care of all the production. It wouldn't kill him to try that method again.