I think Eminem needs direction

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
I think he should leave all identification information and resources behind and drop himself in the Bay Area rap scene

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Eminem has a terrible team

*Paul Rosenberg- Seems like a control freak who lets Eminem do what he wants as long as it makes him money.

*Dr.Dre- Only cares about money

*Interscope- Money, Money, Money.

*People around Eminem- Only care about money(most of them)

Eminem is nothing but a meal ticket to them. They could care less about him as a person or artist.

Also- Paul Rosenberg being head of Def Jam and Eminem's manager is a conflict of interest.

Last edited:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Paul Rosenberg is certainly not the guy to give any direction. He has handled the relaunch of def jam with all this new younger rappers that didn't make any noise. He probably handpicked them and it shows that he just got lucky with Em.

Em be holding Paul's pocket like a prison bytch lol, he sucks but when that's all you know, that's all you know.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eminem creates a white sound that his white fanbase enjoys. I'm not exactly sure if any changes need to be made. I think the issue here is that black hiphop fans really want a white guy to make music that they like, but that doesn't make sense. He's never made music for us.

Nothing is wrong with his music. It's as corny as it was 20 years ago.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Eminem creates a white sound that his white fanbase enjoys. I'm not exactly sure if any changes need to be made. I think the issue here is that black hiphop fans really want a white guy to make music that they like, but that doesn't make sense. He's never made music for us.

I'm not an Eminem fan but even his brand of rap is much worse than the early days. At least his first few albums made for good comedy rap and had catchy songs on them, just about everything for the last 10 years has been just all around bad for any audience.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not an Eminem fan but even his brand of rap is much worse than the early days. At least his first few albums made for good comedy rap and had catchy songs on them, just about everything for the last 10 years has been just all around bad for any audience.

Perhaps, but this goes for damn near all artists. Most of their early material is their best stuff, when they aren't fully removed from the ground level. This is a white guy that stays in his mansion all day thinking about a sexual encounter he had with Mariah 20 years ago. What can you really expect from a guy like that?

Having said all that, his white fanbase seems to love it. He sells a lot of records. Just go to any random Eminem song and go straight to the comments. The white people love it. No need to change anything.

Sinister

Banned
Daps
Many rappers have expressed they used to like Eminem a lot better before. Not just enemies like MGK, Nick Cannon, or Joe Budden but even absolutely neutral people like Domination, Diabolic, Tyler the creator and even Hopsin or Rah Diggah

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Paul Rosenberg is certainly not the guy to give any direction. He has handled the relaunch of def jam with all this new younger rappers that didn't make any noise. He probably handpicked them and it shows that he just got lucky with Em.

That's most dudes in the music industry though. If you hang around long enough to fall into someone who is a success, and then you use that as leverage to get your next exec job. Never had any bad experiences dealing with Paul, I'm not gonna shyt on him. But most dudes who come from that Interscope tree are pretty bad at truly discovering talent because it's been handed to them for so long. It wasn't hard to tell Em would blow up. 50 Cent was an obvious star. I don't fukk with Game but it was obvious that pairing him with Dre would be huge. After that things get murky and you start dealing with situations that weren't clear cut...and that's when the Ls pile up. Bishop Lamont could have at least dropped a gold selling debut album, but red flags were there from the beginning that showed he wasn't it. Signing Rakim and trying to turn him into a gangsta rapper wasn't a good idea. Slim The Mobsta wasn't a good idea...but when you base everything on shock value and "who is gonna impress little white kids the most" I can see why you'd take a risk on a wack rapper who got shot and stabbed in the past. Lazy attempt to re-create the 50/Game thing.

Really the only artist that has blown for them in quite some time is Kendrick...and Dre wasn't fukking with him initially. That tells you everything you need to know about Dre's taste and the poor direction at the label.

Sinister

Banned
Daps
Perhaps, but this goes for damn near all artists. Most of their early material is their best stuff, when they aren't fully removed from the ground level. This is a white guy that stays in his mansion all day thinking about a sexual encounter he had with Mariah 20 years ago. What can you really expect from a guy like that?

Having said all that, his white fanbase seems to love it. He sells a lot of records. Just go to any random Eminem song and go straight to the comments. The white people love it. No need to change anything.
To be fair

1. 17 years ago

2. Em was talking to Nick now in response to Nick talking about him lately. Mariah isn't really the issue now.

3. Em himself addressed he's barely charting himself now. Said it on stepping stone.

4. Revival is fukking terrible

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X

You're right, because Eminem already has a built in fanbase from 15+ years ago. He's lucky he came up in the era that he came up in, because that shyt wouldn't fly in this era honestly. From what I've observed, Eminem (or his music) doesn't really resonate with the new age of white hip-hop fans. These days, the white hip-hop fans listen to the same music that the black fans listen to. shyt, even alot of the White rappers try to make the same music the Black ones make

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why ? He has nothing left to prove to anyone.

He made his millions and unless he gets into a relationship - you won't get the best of Eminem
( Which funnily enough is when he is attacking his mother/Kim and pop stars )

If Trump actually took the bait and responded then it would have been a sight to see in terms
of seeing how cacs would react.