JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
I've been going to "rock" concerts for 25 years. Bless your heart. :mjlol:
I haven't been to a lot of concerts of any genre to begin. I'm 26 and I been to 6concerts my whole life, 3 of them rap, 2 gospel, and 1 indie. Bare with me :hubie:

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
I go to any concert any genre so long as music is good. Brehs and brehettes who dress the part to fit in in those type of circles are trying to be unicorns they don't want to bond over Blackness. They want token benefits b
I dress the part basically. Graphic t-shirts, sweaters, flannels, straight leg Levi's jeans, and converse, vans, and doc martens. I bond with all sorts of Black people at these types of spaces

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Rock music is more popular with black people again. Other genres are crowded and just starting to blend together.
I always wanted to make a thread on how music has been desegregated. 10-15 years ago, they were much fewer Black people listening to rock music and attending concerts and you were probably called a cac for it. Nowadays, there's a ton of Black people attending rock concerts and listening to rock music. And you're considered normal now. It's beautiful to see

Last edited:

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
On average they are not domestic. Just stop. Don't take another step forward.
-How many goth women have you even been around to talk about on average? My brother was on that goth shyt & was around goth women. I still wanna fukk a bad goth chick but I'm not into the culture like that.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
-How many goth women have you even been around to talk about on average? My brother was on that goth shyt & was around goth women. I still wanna fukk a bad goth chick but I'm not into the culture like that.
I've been around enough to hear their business. They're for cucks or thugs. I hope your brother isn't a cuck at least. Maybe he can get a sandwich out shorty

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
It was the band Narrow Head. They play shoegaze/grunge/post-hardcore/alt-metal. It was at this dive bar that was hella small, like I think the full capacity couldn't be more than 100 people and there were easily 200 in that bytch :skip: It was surprisingly (or not) diverse, I saw like a dozen Black people there. Including this fine goth sista with long black hair and piercings :ohlawd: In fact, there were a lot of pretty alternative women of all races.

I spent most of the night in the mosh pit. nikkas were pushing and shoving each other and I was being pushed around the pit like a rag doll. There was this one time where a breh slammed into a guy and and the crowd started collapsing on top of one of the amps. I was toward the front and I literally had 20-30 people dogpile on top of me :damn:

Overall, it was a great experience though and I definitely will be seeing another rock band in June. I also got into the two openers, Breadth and Milly. They were awesome as well.

Here's some videos I had from the concert. I have an Android so don't mind the quality.

They sound like Braid.