In Rwanda, there are villages where genocide survivors and their attempted killers live side by side

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I will never forget the PBS Frontline documentary on the genocide called 'Triumph of Evil'. Stuff of nightmares.

Amazing to see them living together. It was a hysteria that caught like a wild fire and must have horrific to reconcile following.
I watched coverage of the genocide and/or the same documentary.
.EDIT: was corrected

The survivors have better hearts and are better people than I will ever be.

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Thats your takeaway huh.
They went thru a bloody war against each other and found peace but you're hollering about some random street interview.... Internet Ass Muhfukkas
shannon-sharpe.gif
Eventually, you will place people on ignore. Have to accept that people are who they are, and that they add nothing to adult discussions. Applies to 1/3 of the board, at least.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
A couple of people doesn't mean the majority :hubie:

Yeah I agree. I think there’s a lot of ignorance in that video…those who’ve actually interacted with blk Americans think differently. We’re good family! God bless America 🇺🇸

edited to give a narrative
most of them people know very little about us nor do they hate us
rwandans are overall very welcoming down to earth people

:jbhmm: I think it kinda does mean the majority. If the only ones who didn't think we were drug addled, cultureless, inferior Americans were those who have actually interacted with us irl... yall think the majority of Rwandans are interacting with us irl? No, ofc not. They're all getting their information from the same sources: conventional and social media.

It's very weird being looked down on by a people known almost solely for a dumb genocide. I never thought about them long enough to draw any conclusions. I was being nice, thinking it was the wm's fault, but if they act like this with people they ain't never even laid eyes on, maybe that's just their way.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
To the actual subject of the thread, I couldn't do it, but if you ADOS, your great grandparents and them did.

The Rwandans are actually doing it better bc at least those 'genocidaires' had to do some prison time and hard labor. These crackers walk around free here and die at an old age. That's the difference between a black country and a white one.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
:jbhmm: I think it kinda does mean the majority. If the only ones who didn't think we were drug addled, cultureless, inferior Americans were those who have actually interacted with us irl... yall think the majority of Rwandans are interacting with us irl? No, ofc not. They're all getting their information from the same sources: conventional and social media.

I wouldn't say the "only ones who didn't think we were drug addled, cultureless, inferior Americans were those who have actually interacted with us irl."

I would say most don't think about us at all. They don't learn about us in school and American culture isn't some huge export in their country. Its like going to an ADOS hood and asking us about Micronesians or something....most of us have never formed a thought about them.

Of course the younger generation will use social media to learn more and some come to positive conclusions and some don't.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I wouldn't say the "only ones who didn't think we were drug addled, cultureless, inferior Americans were those who have actually interacted with us irl."

I would say most don't think about us at all. They don't learn about us in school and American culture isn't some huge export in their country. Its like going to an ADOS hood and asking us about Micronesians or something....most of us have never formed a thought about them.

Of course the younger generation will use social media to learn more and some come to positive conclusions and some don't.
Did you watch the video? I did. And wiki tells me that the majority of the Rwandan population is under 35, so there's your younger generation on sm. All six people, whether they'd interacted with us or not, whether they liked us or not, seemed very conversant on us, like, knew enough to sit down and pontificate.

Again, weird. Go ask any random group of ADOS about Rwandans, you'll get tumbleweeds. :mjlol:

:francis: I wish them the best in their healing, ofc, but yikes. One of them, the oldest, when asked ifis we should come to Africa, said no bc we're fukked up." That's the future of pan Africanism right there.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
Did you watch the video? I did. And wiki tells me that the majority of the Rwandan population is under 35, so there's your younger generation on sm. All six people, whether they'd interacted with us or not, whether they liked us or not, seemed very conversant on us, like, knew enough to sit down and pontificate.

Again, weird. Go ask any random group of ADOS about Rwandans, you'll get tumbleweeds. :mjlol:

:francis: I wish them the best in their healing, ofc, but yikes. One of them, the oldest, when asked ifis we should come to Africa, said no bc we're fukked up." That's the future of pan Africanism right there.

I've been to Rwanda extensively lol.

Most people over 25 don't speak English. The ones under 25 do not have uniform opinions on Americans.

You're kind of proving my point and doing exactly what you think the Rwandans are doing off an obviously edited clip...

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
Trying to cause division between people living in peace with one another. How evil.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I've been to Rwanda extensively lol.

Most people over 25 don't speak English. The ones under 25 do not have uniform opinions on Americans.

You're kind of proving my point and doing exactly what you think the Rwandans are doing off an obviously edited clip...
:skip: If you'd watched the video, you would have seen the host explain that he was doing this experiment to make a point about what we're learning about each other on sm, so yes, exactly.

The whole entire freaking point was that they act different when they've interacted with us, which I've repeated several times. So, again, yes, your real life experiences prove his thesis but from the other direction, like a proof almost. :skip: