In Rwanda, there are villages where genocide survivors and their attempted killers live side by side

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
:skip: If you'd watched the video, you would have seen the host explain that he was doing this experiment to make a point about what we're learning about each other on sm, so yes, exactly.

The whole entire freaking point was that they act different when they've interacted with us, which I've repeated several times. So, again, yes, you're proving his thesis just as much as I am. :skip:

I think you're misunderstanding. Me being there didn't "change" peoples opinions and plenty of Rwandans who have not directly met an American don't have some negative opinion of us. Some come to good conclusion and some bad based on media before they ever meet an ADOS... Rwanda isn't some tourist hub.

And thats just it....he selectively chose people because if it were randomized that would not be a accurate representation of the various opinions he would have come across.

In fact, I know multiple young Rwandans who saw the videos and were upset at the narrative being portrayed. You can go in the comments and see pushback.

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
Incredible how these mfers literally genocided their own people, act like nothing happen, yet can still find the gall to look down on Black Americans:

You can find videos of Black Americans saying the same thing about Africans...

Weird post bruh

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I think you're misunderstanding. Me being there didn't "change" peoples opinions and plenty of Rwandans who have not directly met an American don't have some negative opinion of us. Some come to good conclusion and some bad based on media before they ever meet an ADOS... Rwanda isn't some tourist hub.

And thats just it....he selectively chose people because if it were randomized that would not be a accurate representation of the various opinions he would have come across.

In fact, I know multiple young Rwandans who saw the videos and were upset at the narrative being portrayed. You can go in the comments and see pushback.
I disagree. You don't know what those people thought about us before they met you.

I don't think he was selective in the way you imply, exactly half of the respondents fw us. I didn't see pushback in the comments, I saw apologies one on hand and plea copping about the media on the other.

Be honest. It's both okay and acceptable to consider ADOS who reference the worst media stereotypes of Africa as ignorant, never left the block ass nikkas, but no one will argue the same on our behalf. We are not the whipping boy of the world, stop being an apologist for bad behavior.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
I disagree. You don't know what those people thought about us before they met you.

I don't think he was selective in the way you imply, exactly half of the respondents fw us. I didn't see pushback in the comments, I saw apologies one on hand and plea copping about the media on the other.

Be honest. It's both okay and acceptable to consider ADOS who reference the worst media stereotypes of Africa as ignorant, never left the block ass nikkas, but no one will argue the same on our behalf. We are not the whipping boy of the world, stop being an apologist for bad behavior.

totally different and way more balanced outcome
like i said he edited the clip and people like you are eating it up

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
They lived side by side peacefully before the genocide. This is just another example of how chaos ensues wherever white people show up and and things return to normal when they leave.
Tbh, the ethnic tensions in Rwanda started in the late 19th and early 20th centuries during colonial rule by the Germans and then Belgians. Tutsis and Hutus didn't have beef before then. The Europeans treated one ethnicity better than the other and gave ID cards and travel passes based on ethnicity. After independence, there were minor sporadic clashes between Hutus and Tutsis during the 1960s to the late 1980s. So it wasn't out of the blue but the rivalry is definitely no older than 100-140 years old. Which is a blink of an eye when it comes to the history of ethnic violence

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS

totally different and way more balanced outcome
like i said he edited the clip and people like you are eating it up

:comeon:"People like me are eating it up." My response has been extremely 'balanced' considering the sheer degree of vitriol from that other half of respondents. I gotta be "people like me," but you can't bring yourself to call the people in the video, actively and in the process of being ignorant, ignorant. Just what I thought.

I watched your vid, btw. Same proportions, half and half.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Tbh, the ethnic tensions in Rwanda started in the late 19th and early 20th centuries during colonial rule by the Germans and then Belgians. Tutsis and Hutus didn't have beef before then. The Europeans treated one ethnicity better than the other and gave ID cards and travel passes based on ethnicity. After independence, there were minor sporadic clashes between Hutus and Tutsis during the 1960s to the late 1980s. So it wasn't out of the blue but the rivalry is definitely no older than 100-140 years old. Which is a blink of an eye when it comes to the history of ethnic violence
Thanks for the correction. My memory is bad, and I thought that it was an unexpected surge of hatred manipulated by politicians. And that it wasn't rooted in previous war or atrocities.

RickyDiBiase

The Health Inspector
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
I will never forget the PBS Frontline documentary on the genocide called 'Triumph of Evil'. Stuff of nightmares.

Amazing to see them living together. It was a hysteria that caught like a wild fire and must have horrific to reconcile following.

The fact they have the radio broadcasts while they was killing folks on youtube, sent a chill up my spine.
The turnaround that Rwanda has made in such a short time span is incredible

Isn't it one of the cleanest countries on the planet?

that guy

Superstar
Daps
We’re saying the same thing. The genocide was caused by white colonialism.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I agree with you on that

I hope tutsis never relinquish power tho, they deserve it for not going the eye for eye route and making Rwanda into one of the best countries in Africa

If they attempt to indefinitely maintain ethnic dominance in politics, it will eventually lead to more incidents of the same, regardless of whether they "deserve power" or not.