Inspectah Deck - Chamber No. 9 (Discussion Thread)

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
New Deck album dropping in less than 2 weeks:

First single Game Don't Change:

Tracklist:

1. Shaolin Rebel prod. Danny Caiazzo
2. No Good prod. Danny Caiazzo
3. Russell Jones prod. Danny Caiazzo
4. Can't Stay Away prod. Danny Caiazzo
5. Na Na Na prod. Danny Caiazzo
6. Chamber No. 9 prod. Danny Caiazzo with scratches by DJ Killah Cam
7. Certified prod. Danny Caiazzo
8. 24K (feat. Hellfire and Cappadonna) prod. Danny Caiazzo
9. What It Be Like prod. Boo Bundy
10. Game Don't Change prod Boo Bundy
11. Dolla Signs (feat. Mz. Gemini) prod. Danny Caiazzo
12. Who Run It (feat. Hellfire and Streetlife) prod. Danny Caiazzo
13. Fire (feat. Trife Diesel) prod. Danny Caiazzo
14. Brothers Keeper prod. Boo Bundy

Inspectah Deck is one of the founding members of the legendary Wu-Tang Clan. Celebrating the 25th anniversary of their debut album Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers), 2019 has seen the re-emergence of Wu-Tang. From Good Morning America, to Jimmy Fallon, to ringing the bell at the stock exchange, to the WuTang District naming, Inspectah Deck and his crew have been busy. With an iconic documentary currently airing on Showtime and a docu-series coming up on Hulu, Deck and the Wu have embarked on the current Gods of Rap Tour and have a complete U.S., Live Nation tour following.

The veteran wordsmith has enjoyed a successful solo career as well. Going back to his ground breaking debut, Uncontrolled Substance, to The Movement, and Manifesto, Deck isn’t afraid of stepping outside the box. He has achieved underground success and critical acclaim from his CZARFACE albums with 7L and Esoteric, including recent albums with DOOM and Ghostface, respectively. Now, the Shaolin MC is back with a banging new solo album titled, "Chamber No. 9" featuring Deck shining on the mic over some classic gritty production.

His video for "Game Don't Change", the first single, will surely open some eyes. Album guests include Cappadonna, Streetlife, and Hellfire. Production is handled by up and coming Danny Caiazzo and Boo Bundy. 'Chamber N0. 9' is certainly another brick in the wall for Deck and the Wu legacy. Get ready to enter a brand new chamber!!!

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Who is doing the beats though?

I will always check for Wu related projects but their beats, outside of the occasional gem, have been borderline terrible for a while.

They need to get Alc, Muggs, Madlib, etc....producers that actually do 90's sounding sample driven hip-hop....to give them some quality beats. There's far less known rappers getting beats from these guys.

Fred.

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC

I will always check for Wu related projects but their beats, outside of the occasional gem, have been borderline terrible for a while.

They need to get Alc, Muggs, Madlib, etc....producers that actually do 90's sounding sample driven hip-hop....to give them some quality beats. There's far less known rappers getting beats from these guys.

Fred.

Looks like the beats are by unknowns. Not really concerned with that because Deck's last project, excluding the Czarface stuff, was the Cynthia's Son mixtape and the beats the unknowns provided were great. I'll reserve judgement until I hear em. Would love to hear Deck over Alc, Muggs and 'em tho.

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Fred.
This.

And why no Clan features? Not that he needs features, but that shyt just looks odd on a main Wu member album.

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
This.

And why no Clan features? Not that he needs features, but that shyt just looks odd on a main Wu member album.

Clan don't really have that many Wu features on their projects like that anymore. It's not like back in the days. Ghost says that his new album has a lot of Wu features tho.

Daps
Looks like the beats are by unknowns. Not really concerned with that because Deck's last project, excluding the Czarface stuff, was the Cynthia's Son mixtape and the beats the unknowns provided were great. I'll reserve judgement until I hear em. Would love to hear Deck over Alc, Muggs and 'em tho.
you got that mixtape..? :feedme:

TripleAgent

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Clan don't really have that many Wu features on their projects like that anymore. It's not like back in the days. Ghost says that his new album has a lot of Wu features tho.
That's not a good thing.

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
That's not a good thing.

I'm at the point where I don't really care THAT much as long as the music is good. Like I said his last solo project was dope as hell and it had zero Wu features.

TripleAgent

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I'm at the point where I don't really THAT much as long as the music is good. Like I said his last solo project was dope as hell and it had zero Wu features.
Again, it's not that they NEED features, but it's...suboptimal. I would bet anything there will be several tracks that would just simply be enhanced by a Wu feature. Having access to that many dope MCs and not using them seems wasteful. INS is great, and can hold his own, so I will check regardless.

Last edited:

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
This Shaolin dude Danny Caiazzo has some good shyt on his SC page:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again, it's not that they NEED features, but it's...suboptimal. I would bet anything there will be several tracks that would just simply be enhanced by a Wu feature. Having access to that many dope MCs and not using them seems wasteful. INS is great, and can hold his own, so I will check regardless.

Maybe he wants to do something different. Not have to worry about bringing a bunch of people with him when he does shows for the album.