Inspectah Deck - Chamber No. 9 (Discussion Thread)

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I like raes ear for beats. I even liked some beats off immobilarity like table and like 3 or 4 more i cant remember the names. OB4CL2 and shaolin vss wu were dope to me production wise. Even unexpected victory and lost jewlry had some gems in there. I agree on the cap and uey part but i give cap a break because the pillage is one of the most underrated albums ive ever heard.

Excluding Rae's mixtapes, like Lost Jewlry and Unexpected Victory, his beatpicking has been inconsistent imo. Fila, Lex Diamond Story and Immobilarity had alot of forgettable beats. He's gotten better tho. I can't really give him all credit for Linx 2 because RZA had alot to do with that.

And Cap's beatpicking has been really bad since the Pillage and that album dropped a loooooooong time ago.

Masta has been solid, RZA is RZA and usually does his own beats, Ghost is the most consistent, and GZA and Deck have been ok.

But they all would have benefitted with higher quality albums if they just stuck with mostly Wu affiliated producers. Alot of them just don't know what they sound best over. Cilvaringz was sarcastically clowning them by saying they were suggesting having dudes like DJ Khaled produce for a Wu album when RZA asked for suggestions :mjlol:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Nah don't have an active link, breh :mjcry:

But you can take a listen on youtube :obama:

Dope project from start to finish. He dedicated it to his moms who passed around the time.

Forgot I have this. This mixtape is fantastic. Not sure who produced it, but I'd love to continue to hear from them.

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Forgot I have this. This mixtape is fantastic. Not sure who produced it, but I'd love to continue to hear from them.

Great mixtape. I listen to it several times a month. Deck did some beats on there and I believe Bronze did work on there and Moss. Not sure of the rest.

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On Cynthia's Son:

This is a collection of new and old songs Deck compiled in memory of his late mother. The beats are made from her favorite records she played for Deck as a child – and production is mainly done by Deck himself with help by Blastah Beats, Chedda Bang, Bronze Nazareth, Moss, Phantom Of The Beats, Chin Beats, DJ Homicide & Crummie Beats.

specific production credit here:
INS* - Cynthia's Son

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
This gonna be hot. INS is legit the most uynderrated MC from the WU. Hands down. He been dropping fire since Uncontrolled Substance.

Even Uncontrolled Substance was dope but it's widely considered a disappointment because it most likely would've been a certified classic if it had the RZA beats that was intended for it that got damaged in the flood.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The Wu has had a professional minor league of producers since damn near the beginning yet never really used them. I'm still amazed Rae put out that second album without hitting up Mathematics, 4th Disciple or anyone else lmao. That album had one Pete Rock joint and just about every other beat was some generic shyt from random nikkas that are probably Uber drivers today. I remember one of the tracks was a loop of the Jurassic Park theme. Brehs weren't searching for samples at record stores, they just sat around looping strings and flamenco guitars from random movies on VHS.
:mjlol:

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Wu has had a professional minor league of producers since damn near the beginning yet never really used them. I'm still amazed Rae put out that second album without hitting up Mathematics, 4th Disciple or anyone else lmao. That album had one Pete Rock joint and just about every other beat was some generic shyt from random nikkas that are probably Uber drivers today. I remember one of the tracks was a loop of the Jurassic Park theme. Brehs weren't searching for samples at record stores, they just sat around looping strings and flamenco guitars from random movies on VHS.
:mjlol:

For Rae it was hubris in trying to get his own people on in having Triflyn (average beats) & Vo & Pop (weak beats) get the most shine on Immobilarity (plus wanting no RZA or Ghost when they got the most praise for Cuban Linx) but one of the highlights of that album was Infinite Arkatechz, who were kind of in-house production at Loud for a minute. They did Live From NY, The Table, Casablanca & Jury plus did that Jurassic theme sample which was wasted on an intro and then Swizz re-used the same sample for Jurassic Harlem a few years later and made a hit. Not sure why you didn't dig it but I always liked that sample & thought they flipped it better than Swizz but it was wasted on an intro w/ Rae babbling.

Inf Arch also did the title track on Pun's debut, Leatherface off his second, Self Conscience & Kids in Da Pj's off QB's Finest, Nonchalantly & Lady Sings the Blues off Killarmy's 3rd and It's Not A Game:

deeznutz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
GTA
This is really fukking good!
Is the album confirmed for friday then?