Is it me or we currently lack innovation/artistry in production?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
All you have is generic cac music

and reality TV raps

Drill music is basically the reality TV version of a crime drama, nikkaz become the hottest in the scene with two songs out the blue, they talk intricately about the crimes and murders in songs where you can follow a time like an episode to see how each beef with each opp ended

that's the business model

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
You want old shyt then you gotta listen to the old shyt. If you really live this “real hip hop shyt” then you should have been found some artist and producers out of your desire to hear something different. I be complaining about rap like the next man, but all this shyt usually be overstated.

Leao2005

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Cardo - dope
Statik selektah - dope
Mac Miller (RIP) - dope
The mekanix- dope

lots of dope varied production, just gotta listen to more types of music. The mainstream is stuck in one sound outside of the superstars from the 09/10 class
Cardo lowkey a scout for new talent. He always has production for these small artist befor they blow up

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Public Enemy's production team: Hank Shocklee, Keith Shocklee, and Eric "Vietnam" Sadler. If it wasn't for them, we would have never gotten It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back or Fear of a Black Planet.

Their signature sound involved taking multiple samples from various sources (music, television shows, political speeches, radio shows) and combining them to create a "wall of noise." Some of the samples were indistinguishable because of how they were layered on top of each other. They wanted music that could match up to Chuck D's voice because of how powerful it was.

I think they said on Fear of a Black Planet, they used at least 150 samples. It would be impossible to do this now, not because nobody has the ability to, but the sampling costs would be :damn: and a lot of people would be going to court. When Public Enemy was around, sampling laws weren't intact because hip hop was still new so companies/older artists hadn't caught on to what producers were doing yet. The Bomb Squad took advantage of that and made their own style of beats because back then, nobody could tell them no.
That’s why they fit Cube like a glove on his first album
:banderas:

You can tell Sir Jinx tried to bring that same energy on Death Certificate

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
I like Cardo. Kenny Beats can be hit or miss but he is versatile
Harry fraud solid
Erick Arc Elliott

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
All you have is generic cac music

and reality TV raps

Drill music is basically the reality TV version of a crime drama, nikkaz become the hottest in the scene with two songs out the blue, they talk intricately about the crimes and murders in songs where you can follow a time like an episode to see how each beef with each opp ended

that's the business model

Then the cops look them up on IG to piece together stuff and instantly arrests them :mjlol::hhh:

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
You want old shyt then you gotta listen to the old shyt. If you really live this “real hip hop shyt” then you should have been found some artist and producers out of your desire to hear something different. I be complaining about rap like the next man, but all this shyt usually be overstated.
I want to help mix the mainstream up as a professional. I’m not asking for music to hear.