Is it possible to get a good job with no college/university education?

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
Tell em your currently in school for (insert fake major) they'll never really follow up.

Dude I used to work with was "in school for engineering" for 6+ years. He had only went for a semester

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
move to canada... specifically alberta and work on an oil field... those dudes make much more than people like me who go to school... clock 250k a year easy... but its rough work

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
Yeah sure, what they like about college/university is someone had/has the discipline to stay commited to a goal for 4 to 5 years. Thats an employable trait, now people get degrees for one thing and work/career in another field.

They like commitment, so if you had a KMart job for 4 years ... there is no employer anywhere from banks to etc, that wont give you a chance if your CV/Resume is up to scratch with good references.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Any non professional job.

Anything other than Engineering, Law, Medicine, Accounting, ect.

Everything else is pretty much fair game.

If I were you id try to get into sales though.

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
oh yea... car salesman, they cake off man... my roommate does this and is making a killing. hes 23 and is close to paying off the house we live in... also owns a truck, and motorcycle. had a modded car too but sold it.

JohnStarksMiddleFinger

Benz L. Bo$$ington
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
They like commitment, so if you had a KMart job for 4 years ... there is no employer anywhere from banks to etc, that wont give you a chance if your CV/Resume is up to scratch with good references.

:whoo: really? Thats makes me feel better.

I'm 22, been working at this same bullshyt job for 5+ years. (the only job I've ever worked at)

I'm taking classes, but I dont have any direction (can't figure out what I want to be)

All I really want is a 9 to 5 salary job, I can do what I love on the weekends. :manny:

Got any advice (no thread jack)

Esau = Evil

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere NOT snitching.
oh yea... car salesman, they cake off man... my roommate does this and is making a killing. hes 23 and is close to paying off the house we live in... also owns a truck, and motorcycle. had a modded car too but sold it.

One day you're going to come home to the couch faced to the door, and walk in on him staring at you like this :smugdraper: with your things neatly packed & boxed. He's gonna toss you a capri-sun, cause he knows "those are your favorite", and whisper "Im rooting for you, kiddo..."

2546184_o.gif

:pachaha:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Yes, but you'll hit a ceiling eventually (like I did) and you'll have to get more schooling. Good thing about it is that I can use my on-the-job experience for credits. Bad thing about it is, it's Mechanical Engineering and I'm the ONLY 'Black' dude in the classes.

EDIT: College isn't for everyone and there is NO shame in going into a trade. Mechanics, AC/Heating Technicians/Electricians/etc. make a good living almost regardless of location and a majority of their training is 'On-The-Job'.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
:whoo: really? Thats makes me feel better.

I'm 22, been working at this same bullshyt job for 5+ years. (the only job I've ever worked at)

I'm taking classes, but I dont have any direction (can't figure out what I want to be)

All I really want is a 9 to 5 salary job, I can do what I love on the weekends. :manny:

Got any advice (no thread jack)

I aint going to lead you down the wrong path brother, you are communicating with a n1gga who is sitting on collective moves from mistakes.

I cant tell you what it is but 'stability' in your cv/resume does wonders, as for your own self-employed entrepreneurship path ... i think eddie murphy said it best in actors studio 'best advice, is no advice'

Just know not everyone can do what you can do, find what you like and learn more. watch a lot of biographies and documentaries, you dont know what type of knowledge you'll be absorbing to later on implement.

goodluck, me myself im a couple months away from :why: