Is it possible to get a good job with no college/university education?

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Everyone has a different life story.
If you aren't skilled like Lebron James or smart like Bill Gates or small like Bill Shoemaker, it's game over.

Nintendough

#Kliq
Daps
Reppin
Eagles, Canes, Kliq, Sixers
Yes, it might take a few more years of climbing to the top but you don't need a degree to have a good life. Do you know how many of these jobs have the nerve to want to demand credits or a degree but want to toss you 10.00 raggly dollars an hour for an entry level or even an experienced position? Those jobs don't always have the quickest upward mobility either. :skip:

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Just wondering. Any of y'all got a good paying job with just a high school degree? :usure:

My girlfriend (fiance now :sadbron:) cleared over 100gs last year as a Senior IT recruiter, and she has no college degree... just worked her way up the ladder. Meanwhile I'm working on my Master's making a little something while stacking up student loans. :whoo:

They lied to me.... :birdman:

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
Is the IT a competitive field? I feel like that's the route a lot people are going.

Ive been looking into going school for this

Most people in IT doesn't mean anything.

Only few people get to the Advanced and difficult technical areas of IT.
Especially advanced programming and Advanced Cisco networking its no joke.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
very possible but theres often a ceiling

and veeeeeeeeeeeeeery possible in the day. shyt like 3 months ago I was reading Bloomberg Markets and there was a coverpage article about some woman that worked for Citi and basically rose up the ranks. Some fixed income related position i forgot. But she won millions for basically snitching on Citigroup in regards to the whole Subprime Mortgage thing I think :damn:

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
:huh: I don't follow, so it's not saturated?

It is but not the advanced parts.

Only few people make it up there.

If you are getting into IT my advice is to get deep into programming or networking.

Most people stick with the basic help desk. Not good enough if you want to make money