Is it time for WWE to move forward with WrestleMania being on two nights?

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
If we learned anything from WrestleMania , it's that the WWE could and IMO should go to two nights moving forward. At no point did I feel exhausted because it was a 6 to 7 hour marathon of matches. You would have to schedule for Takeover and the Hall of Fame, but this was one of the better viewing experiences I've had in years because it was too big for one night.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mississauga
Definitely. Both events were around 3 hours.

Only downside is how to convince the fans which night to buy tickets for. Because vince still gonna try building the card in the last month. Last thing fans are gonna do is buy tickets for night 2 thinking their favorites gonna be on that night. Then they get booked for night 1

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Definitely. Both events were around 3 hours.

Only downside is how to convince the fans which night to buy tickets for. Because vince still gonna try building the card in the last month. Last thing fans are gonna do is buy tickets for night 2 thinking their favorites gonna be on that night. Then they get booked for night 1
I don’t think that would be an issue as fans already buy tickets for NXT, WM, and Raw. Not to mention all the other shows during WM weekend.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
They definitely should make it two nights if they're going to give everybody a spot on the card.

It helped a lot with the pacing of the event. The Edge/Orton match was ten minutes too long, but both nights ended before 11, which is crazy considering the fact that they ended at 12:30 last year. And certain matches were given time to breathe. If there was no pandemic, the SD women's title match wouldn't have gotten that kind of time. They either would have put it on the pre-show or give it less than ten minutes. It ended up being the best women's match all weekend for that reason.

If they're not going to scale back the event, they need to make it two nights because a seven-hour WrestleMania with bad pacing and a card that tries to get everybody involved isn't it. Not in 2020, that ain't the way. :unimpressed:

MrFirst2doit

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No because think of the fans that have tickets. Stadiums will charge an expensive price for both nights. Plus you have to think about booking concerts and other events. Sure it helps if you're watching from home but not people who r buying tickets.

They can have two night packages, how hard is that.. you have a presale offering both night packages .... Let those go first... After that wave you open up the rest of the available seats .... The issue is that it may be hard to sell out big stadiums both nights

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
They can have two night packages, how hard is that.. you have a presale offering both night packages .... Let those go first... After that wave you open up the rest of the available seats .... The issue is that it may be hard to sell out big stadiums both nights

That's the only hiccup, but they should release the card well in advance so people can decide. Lower the ticket prices may be an option as well so people can attend both if they choose.

I can't speak for anyone else here, but I've been to a WrestleMania and I can't fathom doing one again if it's all on one night especially with WWE aiming to get everyone on the card. It becomes miserable.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
I just like the feel of a big day moment. Not a big weekend moment.

I don't even watch wrestling as consistently as I used to, but nothing beats Wrestlemania Sunday and getting with the crew to watch. Which I and many others would certainly not dedicate my time or resources into having two parties for two nights of WM. The diehards would, but not the casuals.

WM is almost similar to the Super Bowl. Which is why the Super Bowl is the best of all the major sports championships. It's a one day, winner take all EVENT which makes the day special. Not dragged out over multiple days like MLB, NBA, and NHL's big championship events.

The crowd wouldn't be able to maintain the intensity for back to back days either. (not to mention the whole week...what, they'd have to make Takeover take place on their Wednesday night now(?), put the HOF at Thursday, keep Smackdown at Friday [cuz FOX damn sure aint paying WWE all that money to have them punt their show during WM weekend], and then do the 2 nights of WM, followed by RAW on Monday)

I get the argument for two days and wanting to allocate each match their deserved time limit and the idea that it helps pace the show and fans better...but when an event is one night only it brings so much value to the show.

So again, keep it one night and have the best matches/stars make the show...if you don't make the cut, tough luck. :yeshrug:

https://www.thecoli.com/posts/37179888/

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Interesting question, it did seem to pass easier in a time sense, I know a lot of people are advocating it. I wouldn't be mad at it.

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
Yes. Once they decided to go up to 6 hours (and that’s not even including the pre-show!) the last few Manias, spreading it over two days would be better. The fans would still be hyped by the end of the show and for the locals who attended they can actually go home at a reasonable time and go to work the next day.