Is it time for WWE to move forward with WrestleMania being on two nights?

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Still prefer one day because it feels like a Super Bowl type event. This year I barely saw ppl talking about it on my twitter TL, idk if it was because of two days or something else.

usually I even have random ppl talking about it in the past.

I did enjoy the short schedule on both days though. Vince needs to stop giving everyone a match

MrFirst2doit

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's the only hiccup, but they should release the card well in advance so people can decide. Lower the ticket prices may be an option as well so people can attend both if they choose.

I can't speak for anyone else here, but I've been to a WrestleMania and I can't fathom doing one again if it's all on one night especially with WWE aiming to get everyone on the card. It becomes miserable.

They don't release the card that far in advance now when it's one night ... The tickets go on sale the fall/Autumn before months before and nobody knows what the card is going to be....shoot, I don't even think Vince himself knows the card... What difference does one night or two nights make...

If you that pressed about seeing everybody, buy both nights, if you can't afford it wait and get the night you want after the card has materialized

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
On one hand i wanna say yes for time sakes

on the other hand no, just stop tryna shove the entire roster onto Mania.

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Eh, I think the 2 part WM was really a product of the virus pandemic. I would say yes but that’s if I were watching a product featuring as many wrestlers that I liked back in my childhood. I don’t think the current WWE roster has enough talent to justify the length, in other words there would be too much filler. And then topping those off with finisher spam matches :mjlol:

They should move forward with matches like the boneyard match and the house firefly match. That shyt was immersive...it doesn’t even have to be at the arena which is gold. Vince has discovered another way to deliver product to the fans, something that can be completely controlled. I hope he sees that.

Last edited:

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
I'd rather they stick to one night. Especially with Smackdown Live being on Fridays. I think the 2 night scenario worked out because of the circumstances surrounding the pandemic. There was no Mania weekend so to speak like there usually is and the lack of house shows gave them more time to film and flesh everything out how they wanted.

In reality they just have to trim the fat off the card. The battle royales don't do anything for the superstars that win them. Canning those indefinitely frees up time for good tag matches or multi-man title matches.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
Nah, good in theory, but tickets go on sale for Mania in November, so there is no way they will know the card that early. Plus, injuries can happen all the way up to last minute. They arent gonna be able to fill 60k-70k in stadium for 2 nights. Plus people paying for parking, concessions, etc. Im already there for all 4 shows most years, I dont need another high-priced ticket for a 5th show.

That being said, they do need to end by 11:30-12. Thats plenty of time for 3 preshow matches (6p-7p) and 13 main card matches (both world title matches were short, Edge/Orton was 10-15 minutes too long, the SD womens and NXT womens would have had a few minutes chopped off each). Very doable.
That’s why if you do Takeover as night one, you can book the show in a relatively big venue like they did with Barclays last year, and then night 2 is at MetLife. See how it works for a year or two with that setup then you can maybe book a stadium like MetLife for 2 nights if the demand is there. I agree with the idea that the shows are too bloated right now and that should be the real compromise, cutting down the runtime and pacing the show better, but I don’t expect them to put the rabbit back in the hat in that regard. With the way they operate and view things, I feel like they’d be more likely to run Mania as a 2 night event as opposed to scaling back the length.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
I prefer the big day feel of having it one day. Are there too many matches on one card? Yeah but stretching it to two days takes away some of the appeal. The pricing would be crazy too. Although the hardcore fans who go to all the weekend events would probably pay.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Problem is you don’t have the star power to do two nights from two different venues or two nights with different cards.

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Nah keep it one night, because it's more special that way. If a cat isn't on the card well there's always next year, they need to stop doing these marathon ass shows. Under current circumstances it was done well but they can do that since people are stuck inside so they can do two days. Wrestlemania is like the Super Bowl in that aspect because it's one night only, once a year.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Can people stop saying make Wrestlemania 2 night show?

someone needs to tell Vince we dont give a shiit about 6-7 filler matches. Its been like that for like 5 years now. Wrestlemania's same hyped 3-4 matches are the only ones that ever delivier

a 4-5 hour Wrestlemania is all we need

7pm-11:30 max

The Best of the Best should only be on Wrestlemania just like the best NBA players make the All-Star game on Sundays

Wrestlemania 36 should have been this year even in a Stadium...

Main Event: Drew McIntyre vs Brock Lesnar - WWE Title

Co-Main: Becky Lynch vs Shayna Baszler - Women's Title

Cinema segment 2: "FireFly Funhouse Match"

Cooldown: Otis vs Dolph

Edge vs Randy Orton - Last Man Standing

Cooldown: Charlotte vs Rhea Ripley

Cinema segment 1: "Boneyard Match"

Braun Strowman vs Goldberg - Universal Title

Cooldown: Bayley vs Sasha vs Tamina vs Naomi vs Lacey

Opener: Kevin Owens vs Seth Rollins

Cinema Segments at mania would go over horribly with the live crowd.