Is LeBron James the Greatest Scorer Ever?

KOBE

Superstar
Daps
Efficiency > Arsenal.

If player A has 1 move and player B has 100 moves but player A scores more, player A is the better scorer. It's not tough to understand. Everything else is emotionally driven.

Player A is surrounded by better shooters than Player B ever was, opening up a lot more room for player A to go to work.

Tflasha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Forgot to add:

The league lets him travel
Bulldoze/Offensive fouls
06.png
watching him play for the heat was:scust:

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Yes, dumb ass logic. It doesn't make sense. You can't say someone isn't an elite scorer when they're top five, top ten, in scoring ALL TIME. That's just dumb as shyt. What you're really saying is I don't like the way he scores, it's not pretty/versatile enough for me.

It's dumb because you don't like it. You can't call yourself an elite scorer if a team can neutralize you by forcing you to shoot. That's dumb ass logic to me. If you were elite, nothing should stop your offense.

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
It's dumb because you don't like it. You can't call yourself an elite scorer if a team can neutralize you by forcing you to shoot. That's dumb ass logic to me. If you were elite, nothing should stop your offense.
You could stop Kobe by leaving him wide open:troll:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Breh come in Lebron is shoulder down to the lane not consistent at shooting at all and I am not I knocking him. He this era Shaq

This era's Shaq is shooting 39% from three this year, 34% all time?

This era's Shaq has a better four-year midrange peak (50% from 3-10, 44% 10-16, 41% 16-23) than any stretch Kobe ever put together?

This era's Shaq has more game-winning baskets in the playoffs than anyone since Jordan?

This era's Shaq brought us the shooting marvels that are 2006 Detroit Game 5, 2012 Boston Game 6, 2013 San Antonio Game 7, and 2016 Golden State Games 5-6-7?

Lebron is not the greatest scorer ever. But it is mide-boggling that he is an elite scorer who can do as many things as he does when it's not even the most impressive part of his game. Factor in his passing and the way he controls the game on offense, and he has an argument for the greatest all-around offensive player ever.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You stop Kobe by putting 3 people on him :mjpls:

You stop Lebron by stacking the paint :russ:

Ain't no one ever guarding Kobe like that. :dead:

Spurs were the masters of stacking the paint against Lebron, AND they had Kawhi, and still couldn't stop him in 2013.

In the 2016 Finals, you had brothers in here arguing that it wasn't fair because any time that Golden State didn't have Iggy AND Draymond AND Bogut available simultaneously, it was just too easy for Lebron to go off on them.

:whew:

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Ain't no one ever guarding Kobe like that. :dead:

You a clown. Detroit had 3 defenders on Kobe on most plays. That's why LA lost because he refused to pass. Boston would double and triple team Kobe over and over in 2008 and 2010. LeBron wasn't making the Finals back then so you probably didn't watch.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You a clown. Detroit had 3 defenders on Kobe on most plays. That's why LA lost because he refused to pass. Boston would double and triple team Kobe over and over in 2008 and 2010. LeBron wasn't making the Finals back then so you probably didn't watch.

I've been watching basketball since the 1980s. I was stanning Clyde Drexler before he'd even made the playoffs.

To claim that ANY team has "3 defenders on a player on most plays" is beyond stupid. Detroit didn't win by triple-teaming Kobe, NO ONE can actually win that way. Detroit won by fukking with Kobe's head and getting him to break the offense.

Chauncey Billups: Our game plan was very calculated. We knew we were going to play Shaq straight-up. We knew there was no way we could stop Shaq straight-up. And there was also no way we could stop Kobe straight-up. But, if we’re going to play Shaq straight-up, [the Lakers’] eyes are going to get big, which means they’re going to keep throwing it down there. We’re telling Ben the whole time, “Take fouls when you need to, but don’t get yourself into foul trouble. You need to give up a layup, cool, we’re going to get what we want on the other side.” But what’s going to happen is Mr. Bryant is going to get a little discouraged with getting no touches and now the second half comes around…now he’s pressing. He’s going to start coming down and just breaking the offense. When you do that, you’re done—you’re playing right into our hands. Even if you start making those shots, you’re finished.

:dead::dead::dead:

:dead: at Kobe NOT being doubleteamed by Boston. Expose yourself brehs. Doubles and triples all throughout this video. You definitely like 17 years old.

Who the hell said that Kobe wasn't double-teamed by Boston? This isn't the lazy man-to-man coverage era. EVERY elite scorer, and even a lot of other players, are double-teamed and shaded in a lot of situations. It's what the zone allows for you. Hell, when Lebron made his game-winning layup in double overtime against the Pistons in 2007, he literally had 5 guys within a step of him when he made the shot.

It doesn't mean they leaving two guys open to triple-team you all game. :heh: