Is Marriage Worth It, For A Man, In 2021?

Is There Any Benefit Of Marriage To A Man In Today's Society?

• Yeah. You tripping breh...

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Hell Naw. I'd Rather Lick The Ground on skid Row Than Marry These Worthless Hoes...

Votes: 20 52.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps

I'm struggling to see any benefits for a man to get married in the modern day and age. Any brehs disagree? And, if you do, what do you disagree about?

I think the institution of marriage is outdated and antiquated. If nikkas insist on living in the past and throwing your life away/ emasculating yourself for a bytch in modern times, they need to modify marriage. Make it a license that has to be renewed like every other license that you have. Make it so that your marriage license has to be renewed every two years. If anyone isn't happy, you just walk away when the license expires with what you accrued during the marriage INDIVIDUALLY and not completely fukk the man over and leave him living in poverty and damn near destitute and ass out. Smh.

The problem isn’t marriage, it’s the people getting married, and to a lesser extent, how the legal system deals with marriages/divorces.

It’s like asking people if buying a car a good idea. Well if you don’t do any research on that car and you buy a shytty car just because it has a new paint job, it’s a terrible freaking idea. Not to mention, society today has turned into a human version of pimp my ride. Do a bunch of stuff to make yourself look like you’re new and improved, but when you look under the hood, you’re still a pretty shytty car.

If people put actual thought and invested themselves in real relationships, marriage wouldn’t be such a bad idea. But most people seem to get married out of obligation or because they think it looks good to be married. Nah, if you don’t want a committed relationship or to do what it takes to maintain a relationship then stay single. Ain’t nothing wrong with being single! And I say this as someone who’s married, lol.

On top of all of this, the legal system incentivizes divorce for women. Between child support, spousal support and just giving them half... when they get frustrated, what’s the reason to stick around? Just take the bag and leave and find another partner. Some women will plan to do this from the beginning. That’s why men should be even more careful about who they marry.

BUT!

If you find a GOOD PARTNER, marriage makes life so much easier. Not to mention the financial benefits. Marriage isn’t for everyone. Kids aren’t for everyone... we should all stop acting like it.

Treblemaka

President, BYNKRadio.com (Retired)
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment
If you want children then yes marriage is worth it.

Children from Single parent/broken homes are more likely to:

Be low Income
Go to jail
Be absentee parents
Have children out of wedlock
Underperform in school
Work unskilled jobs
Be under employed
Never buy a house

The black 2 parent home is the most stable format economically, emotionally, and mentally. The most long lasting 2 parent households are those in which the man and woman are married.

The black community needs economy empowerment and stability, that is most likely when 2 people are married. Most people don't lose much if anything in a divorce because most people are (relatively) broke so the down side in many cases isn't much different than a lifetime gf/bf.

If youre just trying to smash and you just see the opposite sex for gratification then yes marriage has no appeal (and it shouldn't) but if you're trying to improve and grow your community and raise your children in the best environment possible marriage is almost necessary because of the stability it provides.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

I'm struggling to see any benefits for a man to get married in the modern day and age. Any brehs disagree? And, if you do, what do you disagree about?

I think the institution of marriage is outdated and antiquated. If nikkas insist on living in the past and throwing your life away/ emasculating yourself for a bytch in modern times, they need to modify marriage. Make it a license that has to be renewed like every other license that you have. Make it so that your marriage license has to be renewed every two years. If anyone isn't happy, you just walk away when the license expires with what you accrued during the marriage INDIVIDUALLY and not completely fukk the man over and leave him living in poverty and damn near destitute and ass out. Smh.
no one wants to marry you nikka

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
The poll options are shyt but the honest answer is NO

Could I have been as happy with my wife living under the same roof together without spending 6 figures on a marriage ceremony and having it be legal? YES...Alternatively (which doesn't apply to me) could I have been miserable? YES

Could I have had my son without spending thousands on a marriage ceremony and having it be legal? YES...would he have been raised differently if my wife and I weren't legally married? NO

We still file taxes separately so not even from a financial perspective there is no benefit for us...If you're in my situation with two strong independent professionals that both generate income, unless you doing shady shyt where they can get your SO to testify against you, there really is no benefit to marriage...

Love isn't dependent on someone ordained by the state giving you a seal of approval and saying you're married now...If you need that seal of approval, you'll be divorced real quick...

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Marriage wouldn't be bad if you didn't lost half your shyt. I don't understand why courts don't allow folks to have their own savings account.