Is there a better option than blindly down balloting?

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Yes, do your research on each individual canidate on the ballot if that wasnt already obvious

Of course that would mean researching the republican canidates which would likely legitimize why you'd end up "voting down ballot" anyway.

Lets not pretend you're trying to have a nuanced conversation, this is just another "fuk duh dimokratz" thread that happens to be unnecessarily wordy

If I wanted to have a thread with the title "Democrats ain't shyt", then I would have. This thread is about best political ways to get any party to meet the needs of black people.

I'm asking questions, probing solutions, and trying to get as many good ideas about political discourse and getting results as I can. If you have some ideas or strategies to share, then please do.

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
@Kenny West nah OP straight even though that cats be on fuc democrat don't vote stuff. Unfortunately a lot of ADOS brehs were groomed to disengage out of complacency and disappointment among other things imo.

Last edited:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
@Kenny West nah OP straight even though that cats be on fuc democrat don't vote stuff. Unfortunately a lot of ADOS brehs was groomed to disengage out of complacency and disappointment among othee things imo.

:whoa:

Fam, that was one time. I was pretty disgusted with both candidates. I'd rather not digress though.

And to be honest, for years, voters have only concentrated on the Presidency and if they can bothered, Congress. Local elections hasn't been hot in the black electorate since the CRM.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
@For Da Bag you should watch Carnell and tonetalks on YouTube man.
Let me understand - if I don’t “choose a specific leader” and abide by Yvette or Tone without consideration of other proponents/teachers/supporters of ADOS/FBA; our opinions don’t matter, basically we’re de facto factioned out of the movement?
:jbhmm:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
@Nicole0416 At least the OP had the balls to ask the question and start a topic on subject matter like this and be open to more info.

Need more of that.
That’s my point. OPs post was very well stated and explained. And instead of being impartial and respecting his approach, in comes a demeaning comment talking about taking a poli sci 101 class, instead of keeping the subject academic.

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
Trump winds up winning.

I can't really explain what happens after that.
Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies of old age, Trump packs the Supreme Court with far right lunatics, fascism fully takes over America, and then reparations NEVER happens.

:unimpressed:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I wanted to have a thread with the title "Democrats ain't shyt", then I would have. This thread is about best political ways to get any party to meet the needs of black people.

I'm asking questions, probing solutions, and trying to get as many good ideas about political discourse and getting results as I can. If you have some ideas or strategies to share, then please do.
You asked a question with an extremely obvious answer (which I provided), and used the meantime to wax poetic on talking points that get posted every hour on here.

And by page 3 there really aint a discussion being had...:francis: but hey, have at it

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
There needs to be the Black equivalent of AIPAC. A lobbying firm that contributes to candidates campaign. Once they're in office hand them precanned bills to our benefit to propose and ensure there's enough support to get it passed. Should they refuse to play along, they're opponent will be supported in the next election so they no longer hold a seat. This newly elected rep has first hand knowledge of what's going to happen should they not play ball and is incentivized to appease the lobby.

There was an excellent article that laid this entire thing out, and how AIPAC grew to one of the most influential using this strategy. Let me find that link...

Last edited:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Let me understand - if I don’t “choose a specific leader” and abide by Yvette or Tone without consideration of other proponents/teachers/supporters of ADOS/FBA; our opinions don’t matter, basically we’re de facto factioned out of the movement?

I think what he's referring to is that Yvette and Tone have explained down ballot voting on their shows and the impact it should have. That's why I should watch it.

Asicz

Daps
Actually I literally don't think there is anyone in black political commentary currently out of the many voices that Ive seen online that is better than Carnell and Moore.
Always think critically tho.

Also ADOS is a specific movement with core tenants like many other movements. And yes maybe you are not in the specific movement if you are not in line with those core tenants.

Your opinions are not significant if not informed weather it agrees with a pundit or not.

Like the Tariq thing maybe Moore could be approached the difference in tactics a different way but Nasheed response was one of the most irresponsible things I've seen in recent memory imo.

Last edited:

Asicz

Daps
There needs to be the Black equivalent of AIPAC. A lobbying firm that contributes to candidates campaign. Once they're in office hand them precanned bills to our benefit to propose and ensure there's enough support to get it passed. Should they refuse to play along, they're opponent will be supported in the next election so they no longer hold a seat. This newly elected rep has first hand knowledge of what's going to happen should they not play ball and is incentivized to appease the lobby.

There was an excellent article that laid this entire thing out, and how AIPAC grew to one of the most influential using this strategy. Let me find that link...
Do black people have enough $ to compete with white $ in Poltics?

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Your opinions are not significant if not informed weather it agrees with a pundit or not.

Yes. Just agreeing with a pundit doesn't make you "right". Just as disagreeing or differing with them doesn't make you "wrong". The cohesion or foundation of your argument determines if it should be considered or not.

But I agree if a group has core tenants that you mostly disagree or even don't abide by, then more than likely you are not part of that group. By group, I mean political group.

Last edited:

Asicz

Daps
Not to get off topic but
@Nicole0416 If you condone Nasheeds action surrounding 1866 CRA. I don't see how that is black unity or upliftment.
Having standards of conduct in your political movement and holding people accountable is not a cult as you implied imo.

Asicz

Daps
There iterally are not though. There are relevant and significant point and insignificant points and uninformed opinions weather talking politics music film sports etc.

Let's stop with the games. :yeshrug: