"ISRAEL'S Nation State Law Is RACIST" - Natalie Portman

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
NATALIE PORTMAN: ISRAEL'S NATION STATE LAW IS A MISTAKE AND 'RACIST'

"This [law] is a mistake and I do not agree with it," the newspaper quoted Portman as saying. "I hope we can love our neighbors and work together with our neighbors for change."
Israeli-American actress Natalie Portman told an Arabic-language newspaper that Israel’s Nation-State Law is racist.

In an interview with the London-based al-Quds al-Arabi published on Thursday, Portman – who was born in Jerusalem and grew up in the United States – said she did not support the law.

“This [law] is a mistake and I do not agree with it,” the newspaper quoted Portman as saying. “I hope we can love our neighbors and work together with our neighbors for change.”

The actress was referring to the controversial law passed in July that declares Israel to be a Jewish state and the nation-state of the Jewish people.

In the interview to promote her latest film, Vox Lux, Portman said the election of US President Donald Trump “upset me and angered me a lot. But I am working on using that energy to prepare to demonstrate when I see injustice and to make my community a better place in my own way.”

Portman, who has said she is proud of her Israeli heritage, has often been critical of the Israeli government.

In April she ignited a firestorm of controversy after she pulled out of a prize ceremony in Jerusalem for the Genesis Prize Foundation. Portman originally accepted the honor but later said she wouldn’t attend the event because she “did not want to appear as endorsing [Prime Minister] Benjamin Netanyahu.”

She said, “Like many Israelis and Jews around the world, I can be critical of the leadership in Israel without wanting to boycott the entire nation... Because I care about Israel, I must stand up against violence, corruption, inequality and abuse of power.”

Natalie Portman tells Arabic newspaper Nation State Law is 'racist'

Her quotes was actually from an interview with the BBC around the 8min Mark.

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
HHHzcmk.webp

Let A Fro Be A Fro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dirty South
It's odd to see this change from her. She was once a HARDCORE Zionist. Her mentor/academic advisor at Harvard was none other than Alan Dershowitz.

While an undergraduate, Portman served as a research assistant on Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz’s bestseller, The Case for Israel (she is credited under her real name, Natalie Hershlag).

Jewish Actresses Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johansson to Speak at the Democratic National Convention

She's still stopping short of supporting BDS, though.