IT nikkas... Assemble. I need some assistance

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
@O.T.I.S. Tbh Cybersecurity is the way to go. It’s only longer because anyone knows you’ll be eating off that field. If you don’t wanna waste time, do the Software Development and go back for Cybersecurity- if you have the heart to :yeshrug:

I was originally majoring in Cybersecurity but the timeframe got me :francis: too so I switched over to Health Information Systems which is also in demand. I actually like school so I don’t mind finishing this program and going back in for Cybersecurity.

Down side to health information systems is if youre dealing with clinical systems its alot of health regulations and protocols.

Im hopping out of it.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
My mom just basically told me to skip the cyber security degree and just get the certs

:patrice:

Basically she's saying if I want to go into management, thats where most degrees come into play.

But if I just wanna do shyt and chill then to Just take the exam in a few months... I'm conflicted though

1 cert = 95k but 14 certs :picard:

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My mom just basically told me to skip the cyber security degree and just get the certs

Basically she's saying if I want to go into management, thats where most degrees come into play.

But if I just wanna do shyt and chill then to Just take the exam in a few months... I'm conflicted though

how is it possible to study for 14 certs in that short time frame ?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

She's right about that. With as much IT experience as you have, a degree is only gonna matter in your career if you want to get into management or on the business side of IT.

But that's why getting a IT degree from WGU is the best of both worlds, you can focus on certs & a degree at the same time.

Last edited:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
how is it possible to study for 14 certs in that short time frame ?
I think it really depends on youband your level of understanding

Ive actually done something similar before. I got most my certs in a extremely short amount of time compared to conventional studying but that's literally all I was doing 24/7 was studying. Abd it was highly intense

But the timeframe I gave wasn't standard and I actually assume thst not everyone completes the IT program to receive their degree (because I wouldn't). Plus with transfer credits, previous knowledge and certs, im sure they get to a certain cert and once they get that they get whatever job they were going after and bounce.

Gyasi85

Superstar
Daps
Breh.........Cyber Sec.....and dun worry bout nuthin else :ufdup: CCNP shyt is self taught if you got the tools.:manny:..and the balls to roll up dolo to a local college lab and pretend to be student to use the Routers :youngsabo: GNS3 gun handle the rest :myman: Information Tech ....Nah....the shyt too general...:camby:the nikka with the Cyber Sec go to the top of the pile and they gun toss everything else in the basket :damn: Dun seen it too many times :snoop:

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
Exactly what I was thinking. I don’t mind the customer service aspect, anything medically related will always be in demand so job security AND I will be able to do IT like I always wanted :yeshrug: so many wins across the board. I prefer to see how I like it before going back to school to continue pursuing anything else.

Precisely what I was thinking too breh!
The one thing I miss from working in an Army hospital is the WOMEN!!!
That...plus helping save lives...plus a great paycheck....there's nothing better!!
:whew::ohlawd::noah::ahh::lawd::banderas:

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Ya really making money off this i.T thing huh?:ohhh::ohhh: 95k??:ohhh:
Would a B.S in computer science be sufficient?

Germms

All Star
Daps
Reppin
∞ 216 ∞
I’m with WGU doing a BS in Cybersecurity and IA. I switched from Security. All about what you want down the line. Having multiple certs is cool and all but you wanna focus on one sector of it. Such as infrastructure or IT or whatever.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
It’s already been said but Cyber Security is the way to go bro. Most companies (especially the bigger ones) will always have a need for a DSO or data security office. You can take that anywhere & even get that overseas bread