IT nikkas... Assemble. I need some assistance

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Yup... Looking at reviews on it now. Still kinda :patrice:
How did WGU end up working out for you @O.T.I.S. ?
Btw, it seems like a lot of certs but I hear most people don't stay for too long. Probably why they gave me such low credit transfers, to keep me in and get that money
So how does that work exactly? They give you credit for certs you already have and then you get to skip a course or something?

Daps
Out of those choices which comes the easiest ?
I was in the private contractor sector but left
Now im in the Health Caare sector unlimited PTO , WFH or anywhere
Im in Cloud Technologies

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Yes, some of the courses are essentially cert prep courses, so if you have an A+,Sec+, CCNA, etc you don't have to take them.
Oh snap that's good news. How was your experience did you finish all the courses? How long did it take you?

I was looking at the transferable certs they had posted on their site.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
I’m with WGU doing a BS in Cybersecurity and IA. I switched from Security. All about what you want down the line. Having multiple certs is cool and all but you wanna focus on one sector of it. Such as infrastructure or IT or whatever.
Any updates?
*brehette
:krs: This is that chick that cheated on her husband for a coli breh.

Daps
Oh snap that's good news. How was your experience did you finish all the courses? How long did it take you?

I was looking at the transferable certs they had posted on their site.

Took 3 years to finish, I did 12-15 credits a semester.

Self motivation is a must. Other than a call from your student mentor every week, no one is going to push you to do anything and you're teaching yourself the material.

I liked the flexibility of no classes to attend and to just complete X amount of credits in a six month semester. The course material for each course is very good and you should be adequately prepared for any course exam. Each course has a course mentor you can reach out to if you need help.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Took 3 years to finish, I did 12-15 credits a semester.

Self motivation is a must. Other than a call from your student mentor every week, no one is going to push you to do anything and you're teaching yourself the material.

I liked the flexibility of no classes to attend and to just complete X amount of credits in a six month semester. The course material for each course is very good and you should be adequately prepared for any course exam. Each course has a course mentor you can reach out to if you need help.
3 Years?
full
I was trying to knock this shyt out in 4-6 months.

Which degree did you go for? I have no problem staying focused on the course work though.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
3 Years?
full

Which degree did you go for? I have no problem staying focused on the course work though.
I saw you ask previously for the easiest course, that would be the IT management B.S. it doesnt have the certs so you can power through the degree using reddit tips. If you want a degree in 4-6 months just to say you have one, that is it.

Daps
3 Years?
full

IT- Software. It was replaced with the Software Development program.

Reddit got folks thinking that everyone can do it in a year or less. If you have a ton of experience and just need a degree then it's possible.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Well yeah if you got the required certs they’ll let you skip
Oh yeah. Thanks breh. How is it going with WGU for you? I'm finna power through this crap. That guy in the video was saying you could signup for study.com and transfer completed courses over to WGU.

Kd5Xa9C.gif

IT- Software. It was replaced with the Software Development program.

Reddit got folks thinking that everyone can do it in a year or less. If you have a ton of experience and just need a degree then it's possible.
I got the experience and certs. I got most of the certs offered with the BS IT.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Oh yeah. Thanks breh. How is it going with WGU for you? I'm finna power through this crap. That guy in the video was saying you could signup for study.com and transfer completed courses over to WGU.

Kd5Xa9C.gif

I got the experience and certs. I got most of the certs offered with the BS IT.
I stopped going but going to start back next year.

But it’s a decent school.. I just hated my counselor