It's time for successful nikkas to be classist. Stop trying to preach to complacent nikkas.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
Ambitious black people, continue investing and managing our investments, properties, and businesses. Loser nikkas can call us they want, but they can't call us broke:win: . Only dumb, lazy nikkas will get offended by this post because it's only directed to them

:mjlol::mjlol:........black people if you don't invest or have a business your not ambitious.......this forum never gets old with rehashed topics from shyt for brain nikkas........:martin:

Daps
I feel what you're saying but you have to be more nuanced in your choice of words. Classicism is literally defined as "prejudice or discrimination on the basis of social class". By saying we should be classist some will take take it as you're saying that irregardless of an individuals propensity to change, their intelligence, or potential that we should discriminate against them because they are from a different social class. That's essentially what the breh 3 posts above me is accusing you of saying. I'm pretty sure that's not what you meant but we're online so the principle of charity (interpreting peoples arguments in the most defensible form) is thrown out the window so you have to be careful or you risk being taken out of context.

I do agree though that after trying to pass knowledge on to certain individuals and having them not soak it in, your energy would better be spent elsewhere. Our life is finite so every minute you spend trying to convince a naysayer could be spent building with like minded people. Our best bet is to target the children before their minds are gone.

invalid

Banned
Daps
Successful blacks have been classist since 1863. Their classicism differs from today because of the segregation laws, which forced them to interact with the rest of the poorer black population. Because of the close proximity and still a pervading sense of noblesse oblige, they not only founded societies to help the less fortunate blacks, but also their businesses employed them. And since they lived in the same communities, the poorer blacks had examples of successful people to look up to. They saw the doctor/lawyer/cpa/banker crowd regularly, and it was in them that they aspired.

Nowadays, successful black folks don't live in proximity to poor blacks in numbers let alone have much interaction with them. So who do these folks have to look up to in their communities? Those that are the most visible - drug dealers, rappers, and athletes. The 1920s/30s/40s was a heyday for black entrepreneurship and academic advancement because folks were not only hungry but relied on each other. Elite blacks relied on poor blacks for business and poor blacks relied on the elite blacks to run the community - to be the teachers, and ministers, and doctors, and politicians. It does our community no good for the elites to separate themselves out. To be classist is one thing, anyone can have their personal opinions about things, but when we complain about the negatives characteristics of poor blacks but when we are not there with them at ground zero then our gripes are unfounded because history has taught us that our people cannot advance without our ability to rely on each other.

Skrilla

MVP
Daps
Reppin
Cali
@Poitier which account number is this:mjlol:

Your boyfriend Poitier has 60,000 posts on The Coli. That's what's funny. I don't engage in internet beefs, especially with nikkas who have a million posts.
And you said before that you are a "stay at home dad" (a loser)

91feX2n.png

Get your weight up, jealous lazy nikka. This is the first and last time i'll acknowledge you

Last edited:

Skrilla

MVP
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I feel what you're saying but you have to be more nuanced in your choice of words Classicism is literally defined as "prejudice or discrimination on the basis of social class". By saying we should be classist some will take take it as you're saying that irregardless of an individuals propensity to change, their intelligence, or potential that we should discriminate against them because they are from a different social class. That's essentially what the breh 3 posts above me is accusing you of saying. I'm pretty sure that's not what you meant but we're online so the principle of charity (interpreting peoples arguments in the most defensible form) is thrown out the window so you have to be careful or you risk being taken out of context.

I do agree though that after trying to pass knowledge on to certain individuals and having them not soak it in, your energy would better be spent elsewhere. Our life is finite so every minute you spend trying to convince a naysayer could be spent building with like minded people. Our best bet is to target the children before their minds are gone.
You're right. I should have said "like-minded" black people aren't obligated to deal with those who aren't. Even though we're the same race, not all of us have similar mentalities. There are some who are perpetual excuse-makers and crabs. They rather start pointless arguments or beefs than try to learn or build something for themselves. You could say the sky is blue and those nikkas would try to argue about why it's not. A complete waste of time.
So i probably shouldn't have said classist, but like-minded.

Last edited:

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Ambitious black people, continue investing and managing our investments, properties, and businesses. Loser nikkas can call us they want, but they can't call us broke:win: . Only dumb, lazy nikkas will get offended by this post because it's only directed to them

Every time I read stuff like this I always get :mjpls: vibes from it.

Like how is calling one such names as loser, lazy or dumb nikka helping anything :patrice:

75 Others

Stop it Skeeeyyyuuup
Daps
The level of ridicule and attacks you deal with on the comeup hardens you ...so you'll naturally get defensive
( at first ) but once you realize you don't need the approval of those haven't been through the
gauntlet of repeated failure, suicidal thoughts, failed relationships and other sacrifices .... You'll seize to give f*ck

I like what money can do ... as in buy time and free one to do as they wish

We have an early runner-up for POTY

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
Thats precisely what we saying in the ''TLR has turned into st0rmfr0nt'' thread..:wow:
Being from the same place, doesnt mean you have the same mindset. Your mindset in Chicago or Ny could be more closely aligned to someone living in the Islands or unheard of place in Africa and vice versa. We got too many fukkin idiots holding us all back, basically we carrying too much dead weight we need to shed fast.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Every time I read stuff like this I always get :mjpls: vibes from it.

Like how is calling one such names as loser, lazy or dumb nikka helping anything :patrice:

Mfers get mad when CACs say it to blacks, but they'll say the exact same to another black person .

Do'ers don't have to make an announcement, they just do it .