J. Cole Reportedly Advised by ScHoolboy Q to Exit Kendrick Lamar Beef

LevelUp

🧞πŸͺ” π™π™π™š π™‚π™šπ™£π™žπ™š 𝙀𝙛 π™©π™π™š 𝙇𝙖𝙒π™₯ 🧞πŸͺ”
Daps

J. Cole infamously bowed out of beefing with Kendrick Lamar. The forfeit came after dropping the β€œ7 Minute Drill” diss record, and many fans asked why. We may now have a reason

According to AllHipHop, ScHoolboy Q, seemingly a friend to Cole and a well-known associate of Lamar, reportedly slid a word of advice during the Dreamville Festival.

AllHipHop notes: β€œAllegedly, ScHoolboy Q had a conversation with J. Cole at the Dreamville Festival. Our writer confirmed that ScHoolboy Q was at the festival and that they did have a conversation. She couldn’t corroborate what they talked about, but sources are telling me that they gave him a warning.”

Following up on his statement from the Dreamville Festival, J. Cole has deleted β€œ7 Minute Drill” from the Might Delete Later project.

While the song is gone now, it’s worth noting that β€œ7 Minute Drill” completed a whole week of tracking so it could be included in Billboard stats before being removed. The track’s removal came five days after he said he would erase it.

Live on stage at his Dreamville Festival, a spot where a rapper currently embroiled in beef would get a Summer Jam moment off, Cole dubbed the diss β€œthe lamest shyt I did in my fukkin’ life.”

Speaking to the capacity crowd, Cole called Lamar β€œone of the greatest motherfukkers to ever touch a microphone,” while revealing the diss doesn’t sit right with his spirit.

It went a bit further; Cole said he was moving incorrectly and, β€œI got my chin out. Take your best shot. I’ma take that shyt on the chin,” welcoming any diss that was coming his way.

Additionally, Cole instructed his manager to delete the song from streaming services.

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Why would Q tell him that? And it's no confirmation.

I honestly think this is being mis-reported. I think Cole, Q, and various industry people had an inkling of what was about to happen. Too many people in Kendrick's camp have confirmed money was put out in LA for info. Same shyt he did to Pusha. And I'd imagine both Q and Cole agreed this shyt was gonna go wild, and if you were not the main target you needed to get the fukk out.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I honestly think this is being mis-reported. I think Cole, Q, and various industry people had an inkling of what was about to happen. Too many people in Kendrick's camp have confirmed money was put out in LA for info. Same shyt he did to Pusha. And I'd imagine both Q and Cole agreed this shyt was gonna go wild, and if you were not the main target you needed to get the fukk out.
Yea I could see that.