Jerrod Carmichael's was the worst stand up comedy show I've ever been to.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
The wild shyt is if you look up past threads on dude, the coli was talking bout he hilarious! :dead:

This why I know most y'all some alternative, goofy type nikkas that wasn't really around other Black people like that.
The way y'all hype up anime, proudly introverted, red pill, pawg talking, etc, shows how y'all some Oreo ass lames.

I stand by his 8 and the spike lee being hilarious and full of dark, and realistic humor. Have you even watched those or just going with where the wind blows regarding your opinion?

And you won't find me doing any of that shyt you ended your post with. Shockingly, you can find those funny and still find his recent pivot corny and weird.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Idk man. When I saw Dave live, even the stuff he said that wasn't funny made me think and feel something. With Jerrod I was really waiting for something. I think Therapy is great and I wish he would have expounded more on how that has helped him so far. But he went straight to essentially bed-buck jokes.
I'm one of the people that thinks Dave is still a GOAT. I'm Jerrod doesn't have the skills to pull off the same joking/commentary style standup that Dave does. Jerrod is literally one of the most boring comedians I've ever seen. If David Allen Grier wasn't on his sitcom they would've cancelled it after 2 episodes.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The wild shyt is if you look up past threads on dude, the coli was talking bout he hilarious! :dead:

This why I know most y'all some alternative, goofy type nikkas that wasn't really around other Black people like that.
The way y'all hype up anime, proudly introverted, red pill, pawg talking, etc, shows how y'all some Oreo ass lames.
Are you talking about people talking about his show? Because I liked his show, never seen his standup not that I can remember

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
It’s one thing to live you truth, it’s another to openly exploit it for money. He’s an unrepentant, deviant c00n. :scust:

His dad is a better man than me. I would’ve left a bag of cocaine in that Winnebago, got in an Uber and called the police on him :hubie:
I seen some articles about studies done how Black gay men and women stated their preference for white partners!

This corny nikka making jokes about his white bf! :why:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yikes he's really living his truth.

You can tell his family would have cut ties completely if he didn't have bread. fukked up
I think he needs his family more than they need him. The entire show is him trying to exploit them as being homophobic. Without them it’s a boring show about him being a bed buck

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was never a big fan of him, but I still think the old clip of him performing in LA and finding out that Fat Lip from The Pharcyde was in the crowd because he kept interrupting the standup is hilarious

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
Inspired by the Black Seinfeld thread.

My girl and I went to comedy show in God's Country (Brooklyn for you heathens.) Anyway, Jerrod was the only act and he was late, there were like 6 black people in the audience including my girl and I. So when he gets in he's talking about his life and things of that nature, falling in love and going to therapy, most of it felt like a therapy session. Nothing really funny just kind of him talking about his life with no comedy elements, which is odd because I feel like comedians usually inject that stuff into their lives. (I've seen Dave Chappelle, Michael Che and David Cross live as well as other local NY comedians and they always inject humor into their real life activities.) But he didn't. 15 minutes in and we're sitting on our hands.

Then he talked about his white boyfriend and how he feels like he's smarter than Jerrod. He talked about buying books to read on plane rides and since his boyfriend is a writer he asks him for recommendations. He mentioned picking a book and his bf saying "I don't think you'd like that." But says in his mind he heard him saying "You won't be able to read that you stupid, N Word with the hard R."

Crowd of mostly whites erupts in laughter and my girl and I get up and walk out.

What did people see in this dude exactly? Cause he's not funny and seems like like uncle Remus.
I KNEW it! when he came out I never understood what was so funny about him, I see that he's just unfunny n boring.Glad to see other people feel the same way.