John Leguizamo highlights the untold contributions of Latinos to American History :mjpls:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
The lady who was hosting corrected him at the end, and said that AAs also fought in every American War.

The thing about his comments are....if you include the Africans who were brought to Spanish speaking territories, people from all the Original Nations in the Americas, and the Spaniards, that's a LOT of people and descendants. A lot of accomplishments to list, I guess.

If somebody wanted to comb through and verify what he said, he'd be wrong on maybe 2-3 things. That won't happen, though.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hispanics have as much connection to North America as Greeks have to Scotland. I wish y’all take a history course. Hundreds of years ago the dominant region was Central America. That was their Rome. You had the Mayans, Toltecs, Aztecs, all in that Central American region. They barely ventured into most of North America (though admittedly some CA tribes came up to Arizona, California and New Mexico). But the Deep South, Midwest, Mountain West, East Coast? It was all a cultural backwater to them. They barely interacted with the tribes in these places. A Lenape Indian had no clue what a Mayan was nor did they care. Acting like these people were all the same is dead ass like saying Sean Connery is the same as Al Pacino.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Never watching Empire again. Not that I was anyway.

hitdeck.gif

Last edited:

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
Hispanics have as much connection to North America as Greeks have to Scotland. I wish y’all take a history course. Hundreds of years ago the dominant region was Central America. That was their Rome. You had the Mayans, Toltecs, Aztecs, all in that Central American region. They barely ventured into most of North America (though admittedly some CA tribes came up to Arizona, California and New Mexico). But the Deep South, Midwest, Mountain West, East Coast? It was all a cultural backwater to them. They barely interacted with the tribes in these places. A Lenape Indian had no clue what a Mayan was nor did they care. Acting like these people were all the same is dead ass like saying Sean Connery is the same as Al Pacino.

Dude thinks he is slick. He is mixing in the indigenous peoples and the Spaniards and their descendents who would later rule Latin America. Counting indigenous people as Latino or Latin X.

Literally claiming "both sides".

I bet most of those people he mentioned didn't identify as "hispanic" or Latino.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is the whole latinx thing also a thing to Latino countries? Like I'm assuming they're still saying shyt like hermano vs hermana instead of hermanx. Maybe that's a dumb question.