John Leguizamo highlights the untold contributions of Latinos to American History :mjpls:

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
Latinos, or Mexicans:mjpls:what I call all of them, no matter their nation of origin haven’t contributed anything of value to this nation. Nothing
full

giphy.gif

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude thinks he is slick. He is mixing in the indigenous peoples and the Spaniards and their descendents who would later rule Latin America. Counting indigenous people as Latino or Latin X.

Literally claiming "both sides".

I bet most of those people he mentioned didn't identify as "hispanic" or Latino.

It’s because they think Native Americans were a monolith when Native Americans on the East Coast had no idea what Tenochtitlan was.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Hispanics have as much connection to North America as Greeks have to Scotland. I wish y’all take a history course. Hundreds of years ago the dominant region was Central America. That was their Rome. You had the Mayans, Toltecs, Aztecs, all in that Central American region. They barely ventured into most of North America (though admittedly some CA tribes came up to Arizona, California and New Mexico). But the Deep South, Midwest, Mountain West, East Coast? It was all a cultural backwater to them. They barely interacted with the tribes in these places. A Lenape Indian had no clue what a Mayan was nor did they care. Acting like these people were all the same is dead ass like saying Sean Connery is the same as Al Pacino.
As diasporans, we are mostly of West and Central African origin. Yet some of us connect to , claim, and identify with the Dynasties of Kemet/Egypt. And other powerful historic kingdoms in different regions of the continent.
Is that different from what you just described?

Last edited:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As diasporans, we are mostly of West and Central African origin. Yet some of us connect to , claim, and identify with the Dynasties of Kemet/Egypt. And other powerful historic kingdoms in different regions of the continent.
Is that different from what you just described?

It would be the opposite. It would be like Egyptians wanting to be from West Africa. I say this because back in the day, Central America was the “Egypt” and North America was “the boondocks”. They only care about up here now because it became the United States and their region became fukked up. It’s kinda fascinating how the power dynamic was the opposite. Obviously they’re the same race and can celebrate in that history but to use your example again…it’s no different than East Africans telling us to :whoa: when we get too territorial about Ancient Egypt. Youre a second cousin at best…not a son :whoa:

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
It would be the opposite. It would be like Egyptians wanting to be from West Africa. I say this because back in the day, Central America was the “Egypt” and North America was “the boondocks”. They only care about up here now because it became the United States and their region became fukked up. It’s kinda fascinating how the power dynamic was the opposite. Obviously they’re the same race and can celebrate in that history but to use your example again…it’s no different than East Africans telling us to :whoa: when we get too territorial about Ancient Egypt. Youre a second cousin at best…not a son :whoa:
Centuries after Egypt's decline, multiple great kingdoms emerged across the continent including the kingdoms of Mali, Songhay, and Ghana in West Africa. So, I'd respectfully disagree with your take.

Leguzoma is doing half comedy routine here, but I guess the Latinx identity as he's saying it here incorporates a Pan Original Nation identity. In that regard, I don't see it being too different from Pan African identification.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Centuries after Egypt's decline, multiple great kingdoms emerged across the continent including the kingdoms of Mali, Songhay, and Ghana in West Africa. So, I'd respectfully disagree with your take.

Leguzoma is doing half comedy routine here, but I guess the Latinx identity as he's saying it here incorporates a Pan Original Nation identity. In that regard, I don't see it being too different from Pan African identification.

I don’t mean to disparage West Africa. It’s not a perfect comparison but in antiquity, Egypt was the power house in Africa. West Africa (and other Islamic empires) had their time in the sun after the fall of Rome. In the same fashion, Central America was the power house in the pre-Columbian era. North America was a pastoral place in that same timeframe. It only became more prominent with the creation of the United States. North American Indians weren’t inferior or anything. They just lived differently….were more nomadic and preferred to follow game animals for hunting whereas Central America created large scale societies. Hispanics are related but they try too hard to replace the actual (N.A.) Natives which is weird considering they’re very much still around. That’s all im saying :yeshrug: