Just got an email for a new job opportunity should I take it or not?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Lets compare the two jobs... Just started working for Amazon in a warehouse 15 an hr backbreaking work for 5 hours but the job has benefits plus in 30 days can upgrade to full time driver/delivery worker. but I have to travel to Long Island everyday $14.50 round trip... plus walk half a mile to the warehouse on foot, now have to leave EVEN earlier and catch the 3am train because of construction. :sadcam:

New job that's hiring is MTA cleaner $15 an hour fulltime, Maspeth queens work location, overnight shift and daytime shift, PLUS MTA UNION BENEFITS, driver cleaning bus stops and changing advertisements...

Second job looks tempting what say you Should I stay with Amazon or go with the MTA cleaning position???
:patrice:

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My son works in Amazon too but its part time shyt while he's in school. My brother is a train conductor. Once u in the MTA u get a free metrocard for life. My brother dropped his job at Verizon to do that conductor job. I've weighed both options. If I were you i'd get that city job with the MTA. That Amazon bubble could burst in 10 years...MTA is going nowhere.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Lets compare the two jobs... Just started working for Amazon in a warehouse 15 an hr backbreaking work for 5 hours but the job has benefits plus in 30 days can upgrade to full time driver/delivery worker. but I have to travel to Long Island everyday $14.50 round trip... plus walk half a mile to the warehouse on foot, now have to leave EVEN earlier and catch the 3am train because of construction. :sadcam:

New job that's hiring is MTA cleaner $15 an hour fulltime, Maspeth queens work location, overnight shift and daytime shift, PLUS MTA UNION BENEFITS, driver cleaning bus stops and changing advertisements...

Second job looks tempting what say you Should I stay with Amazon or go with the MTA cleaning position???

MTA Cleaner breh, you can work your way up, plus you get free transportation so that will save you money right then and there, plus overtime and benefits?

Years ago I left a decent paying full time job with full benefits for a part time unionized job was the best decision I ever made in my life

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you saw what UPS drivers make you would never want to become an Amazon driver doing same if not more delivery stops than them. Whatever you decide, give notice.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
My son works in Amazon too but its part time shyt while he's in school. My brother is a train conductor. Once u in the MTA u get a free metrocard for life. My brother dropped his job at Verizon to do that conductor job. I've weighed both options. If I were you i'd get that city job with the MTA. That Amazon bubble could burst in 10 years...MTA is going nowhere.

Yeah I feel you but Its a bit of a setback and I gotta start over is all...:francis: I'm definitely gonna check it out though soon as I can they said either Thursday or Monday so I'll see if I can get the day off monday or just show up thursday AFTER work when I get off...:manny:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
MTA Cleaner breh, you can work your way up, plus you get free transportation so that will save you money right then and there, plus overtime and benefits?

Years ago I left a decent paying full time job with full benefits for a part time unionized job was the best decision I ever made in my life

:ohhh: for real?! what was the job you left?

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I feel you but Its a bit of a setback and I gotta start over is all...:francis: I'm definitely gonna check it out though soon as I can they said either Thursday or Monday so I'll see if I can get the day off monday or just show up thursday AFTER work when I get off...:manny:

When u applied for the Amazon job....didnt they have other options in the city? Like my son he works in the Bronx warehouse. But he chose that over the other locations like Harlem and midtown because he saw they switch up and add new locations every sunday on the job search website so he just waited till the bronx had openings.........U had to do that oral drug test correct? And then before your first day u had to take a 3 hour course online correct?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
:ohhh: for real?! what was the job you left?

was in legal field was there for 7 years right out of school. But I hated it. Found a opening at a hospital in finance was just two days a week applied and got it. Like 7 months later because fo that job I was able to get a job at another hospital full time. And now I have another job at that hospital, and i'm making like 25k more than I did at that job I left it all worked out

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
When u applied for the Amazon job....didnt they have other options in the city? Like my son he works in the Bronx warehouse. But he chose that over the other locations like Harlem and midtown because he saw they switch up and add new locations every sunday on the job search website so he just waited till the bronx had openings.........U had to do that oral drug test correct? And then before your first day u had to take a 3 hour course online correct?

The BK warehouse isn't ready yet from what I've seen the closest thing to me was the Long Island job...:francis: Yeah I did the drug thing and the 3 hour course already...

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
was in legal field was there for 7 years right out of school. But I hated it. Found a opening at a hospital in finance was just two days a week applied and got it. Like 7 months later because fo that job I was able to get a job at another hospital full time. And now I have another job at that hospital, and i'm making like 25k more than I did at that job I left it all worked out

Damn breh you leapfrogged your way to the top...:leon:

pcpking

All Star
Daps

MTA you'll have more room to grow there. If MTA pay like CTA you would come out better.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
MTA you'll have more room to grow there. If MTA pay like CTA you would come out better.

I'm definitely leaning towards the MTA cleaning job I just gotta get it...:sadcam: So either I show up thursday after work or I try to get off monday...