Just got an email for a new job opportunity should I take it or not?

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
I work for amazon lol
It’s the GOAT I ever had , I literally do nothing :mjlol: today I punked the fukk outta the other warehouses boss and my bosses all saw and have no fukks when I explained the situation :feedme:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I work for amazon lol
It’s the GOAT I ever had , I literally do nothing :mjlol: today I punked the fukk outta the other warehouses boss and my bosses all saw and have no fukks when I explained the situation :feedme:

:picard: Do you care to elaborate breh...

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
:picard: Do you care to elaborate breh...
Some car honked at my coworker who was directing traffic so I threw my hands up a little not even that high , litteraly all I did , then 5 mins later the boss comes out and asks if I have a problem and I’m super confused because the situation wasn’t even major , he comes back and I go IN on his ass

Keep in mind I’m being super monotone and not showing any agreesion , I legit Get into his face , not confrontational but tryna scare him , he put his hands on my shoulders tryna act like he’s cool with me now so I shrug it off and tell him if he touches me again ima assume it’s a threat and take action , dude was legit shook and didn’t expect me to react the way I did

My bosses were all outside (it’s prime weak so traffic was insane and we needed help)

I told them what happen and they have no fukks :mjlol:

That guys was so scared , plus once I smelt the fear i went even harder , I kept a calm demeanor the entire time which to me is more scary than acting loud and crazy

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Some car honked at my coworker who was directing traffic so I threw my hands up a little not even that high , litteraly all I did , then 5 mins later the boss comes out and asks if I have a problem and I’m super confused because the situation wasn’t even major , he comes back and I go IN on his ass

Keep in mind I’m being super monotone and not showing any agreesion , I legit Get into his face , not confrontational but tryna scare him , he put his hands on my shoulders tryna act like he’s cool with me now so I shrug it off and tell him if he touches me again ima assume it’s a threat and take action , dude was legit shook and didn’t expect me to react the way I did

My bosses were all outside (it’s prime weak so traffic was insane and we needed help)

I told them what happen and they have no fukks :mjlol:

That guys was so scared , plus once I smelt the fear i went even harder , I kept a calm demeanor the entire time which to me is more scary than acting loud and crazy

:picard: sheesh...

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Whats the Upward Mobility? Opp to move to something else within?
What are the full benefits?
Does the schedule allow for time to do side hustles/self improvement?

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
:patrice:
Lets compare the two jobs... Just started working for Amazon in a warehouse 15 an hr backbreaking work for 5 hours but the job has benefits plus in 30 days can upgrade to full time driver/delivery worker. but I have to travel to Long Island everyday $14.50 round trip... plus walk half a mile to the warehouse on foot, now have to leave EVEN earlier and catch the 3am train because of construction. :sadcam:

New job that's hiring is MTA cleaner $15 an hour fulltime, Maspeth queens work location, overnight shift and daytime shift, PLUS MTA UNION BENEFITS, driver cleaning bus stops and changing advertisements...

Second job looks tempting what say you Should I stay with Amazon or go with the MTA cleaning position???

:jbhmm:
  • MTA offers you enough free time to work on personal projects which is your "way out" of the rut.
  • Amazon sounds like it's also mentally ruff as well, which can be draining on drive to do other things.
  • MTA provides enough peace of mind, money to keep the lights on, provide a small emergency cushion, and enough left overs to invest in your own ideas
I'm always going to suggest the rout that leads to economic autonomy:ufdup:

hatealot

Banned
Daps
Lets compare the two jobs... Just started working for Amazon in a warehouse 15 an hr backbreaking work for 5 hours but the job has benefits plus in 30 days can upgrade to full time driver/delivery worker. but I have to travel to Long Island everyday $14.50 round trip... plus walk half a mile to the warehouse on foot, now have to leave EVEN earlier and catch the 3am train because of construction. :sadcam:

New job that's hiring is MTA cleaner $15 an hour fulltime, Maspeth queens work location, overnight shift and daytime shift, PLUS MTA UNION BENEFITS, driver cleaning bus stops and changing advertisements...

Second job looks tempting what say you Should I stay with Amazon or go with the MTA cleaning position???
My boy started as a bus cleaner for Mta, they pay for your cdl because you going to move buses around the garage eventually. But you get a pension(i believe) since you internal you become a incumbent applicant for internal positions. Take the MTA .

Stop letting Amazon pimp you out because if the name brand. You are never giing to move up in Amazon. Believe that upward mobility shyt from a company whose whole top leadership never came from the bottom.

hatealot

Banned
Daps
Btw, long island was hiring for usps workers they desperately need workers.

Daps
You’d be a new fool to pass up MTA to stay pushing boxes at Amazon. Especially with them trying to phase human workers out of the line as it is.

Get in the MTA do your best and try and switch over to Port Authority. These are UNION JOBS!!

You are going to get OT and holiday pay! Benefits and you aren’t going to be busting your ass.

Try and become a conductor or track maintenance worker. We talking $70k plus jobs with benefits and retirement.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Whats the Upward Mobility? Opp to move to something else within?
What are the full benefits?
Does the schedule allow for time to do side hustles/self improvement?

Which job you talking about breh???:manny: the amazon one or the MTA???

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I was literally about to make this same thread. Got a email this morning & everything:russ:

I'm in the same boat

@Toyota :francis:

:salute: We movin on up...

tenor.gif

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
You’d be a new fool to pass up MTA to stay pushing boxes at Amazon. Especially with them trying to phase human workers out of the line as it is.

Get in the MTA do your best and try and switch over to Port Authority. These are UNION JOBS!!

You are going to get OT and holiday pay! Benefits and you aren’t going to be busting your ass.

Try and become a conductor or track maintenance worker. We talking $70k plus jobs with benefits and retirement.

How sustainable is this? Like I hear people say that some of these orgs running close to E having to pay out all these benefits, not sure how true it is though.