Kathy Duva Confirms Early Talks with The Roc to Make Kovalev vs Ward Next Year

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
i thought ward's whole premise for holding out was to avoid tough fights moving forward, since he had taken such a beating earlier in his career already.

it'd get no tougher than this.

IceDragon

All Star
Daps
Yeah i'm about to throw that shade, while I thought Kovalev had more skill than it seems when he beat B-Hop then the Pascal fight happens and he starts getting outboxed and looking lost for about two rounds after damn near knocking him out :mjlol:( which is the reason the ducking of Stevenson is currently happening :sas2: ). Kathy probably hoping it won't be the same Ward before the promoter problems and that the size will be too much for Ward too because he damn sure won't match Ward straight up boxing skill wise and hey it could happen. let's see how Ward looks coming back hopefully not too rusty.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Yeah i'm about to throw that shade, while I thought Kovalev had more skill than it seems when he beat B-Hop then the Pascal fight happens and he starts getting outboxed and looking lost for about two rounds after damn near knocking him out :mjlol:( which is the reason the ducking of Stevenson is currently happening :sas2: ). Kathy probably hoping it won't be the same Ward

Kovalev skill got overrated due to him not getting touched up by B Hop. KKKovalev's offense is damn near A, although he's not the swiftest.

He definitely leaves himself open to straight punches, especially counters. Ward's 1-2 would be in his face all night.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I have to check my #SOGGang files at my executive Rocnation/TeamJordan office but I could have sworn there were a gang of :sog: haters in here talking about "he would fight GGG why won't he fight KKKov".

nikka won gold at 175 we coming for that get back for our pops :bhop: and those demonic comments and pictures regarding melanin skinned friends.

KKKov :ufdup:

:wow: talk your shyt breh....talk your shyt

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
I would love to see this fight. Ward may be more natural at 168, but the 168 division isn't real hot right now. The only fight that is really worth getting excited for would be Ward vs. the Dirrell/DeGale winner. Ward continues to rule the division and there isn't a whole lot to challenge him or build his legacy.

If Ward can confidently be at 175 there are some fights there that would be terrific. Ward-Kovalev is outstanding and puts two PFP guys against each other.
Unfortunately the promoter wars keep Ward or Kovalev from crossing over to fight Stevenson. I think Ward would dismantle Stevenson, as he struggle boxes, but it still would be entertaining because 175 has some monsters that 168 isn't offering with Kovalev, Stevenson, and Beterbiev.
Ward-Pascal would be a fun fight as well.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Ward vs winner of D/D would be tight!
I agree. That is a legit fight. After that though, what is there at 168? I think that is where the real calls for Ward to move up come from. Naturally I think he is smaller than the guys at 175, but after the Dirrell/DeGale winner, what is there to look forward to?

I am not real familiar with 168. Any other upcoming cats that are talented?

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I agree. That is a legit fight. After that though, what is there at 168? I think that is where the real calls for Ward to move up come from. Naturally I think he is smaller than the guys at 175, but after the Dirrell/DeGale winner, what is there to look forward to?

I am not real familiar with 168. Any other upcoming cats that are talented?
Terrell Gausha and Jesse Hart are both talented prospects.

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
Why is GGG and ward a fantasy fight, he can easily make 168, he doesn't have any com at 160 but its guys who can test him at 168 and he has no one to fight at 160

Ward will beat Kovalev and GGG

ggg is not moving up to 168, lets be clear about that unless there some huge money involved for that risk. people keep saying he doesn't have anyone to fight at 160 :camby: did hopkins have to move up when he was dominating the robert allens,atwun echols and segundo mercados of the division? there are still some fights out there at 160 for him, just no haymon guys. andy lee, lemieux, n'dam, tureano johnson, solid fights but nothing big to have a ppv with.

if a fight between ward and ggg was some how negotiated, who do you think is A-side? I can assure you ggg ain't going to oakland and not bowing down to any of wards terms. ward's resume is clearly better but, he's not selling tickets or bringing in money like ggg, which is think is ggg advantage if they've ever negotiated. ggg will get his big fight with canelo or either cotto, later on down the line. he'll make more money for either one of them fights than he'll make against ward, lets be real about that.

imo i don't feel ward need to move up to 175 but, who when we look at it, who at 168 can give him that big payday like a future fight with kovalev next year. both gg and ward are on 2 different paths imo, thats why i call it a fantasy fight. could it happen later on down the line maybe, but i don't see it right now.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
ggg is not moving up to 168, lets be clear about that unless there some huge money involved for that risk. people keep saying he doesn't have anyone to fight at 160 :camby: did hopkins have to move up when he was dominating the robert allens,atwun echols and segundo mercados of the division? there are still some fights out there at 160 for him, just no haymon guys. andy lee, lemieux, n'dam, tureano johnson, solid fights but nothing big to have a ppv with.

if a fight between ward and ggg was some how negotiated, who do you think is A-side? I can assure you ggg ain't going to oakland and not bowing down to any of wards terms. ward's resume is clearly better but, he's not selling tickets or bringing in money like ggg, which is think is ggg advantage if they've ever negotiated. ggg will get his big fight with canelo or either cotto, later on down the line. he'll make more money for either one of them fights than he'll make against ward, lets be real about that.

imo i don't feel ward need to move up to 175 but, who when we look at it, who at 168 can give him that big payday like a future fight with kovalev next year. both gg and ward are on 2 different paths imo, thats why i call it a fantasy fight. could it happen later on down the line maybe, but i don't see it right now.

Yeah and Hopkins was being heralded in the press while he was at middleweight either, he didn't win his first world title to 1995 and it was the IBF not the WBA, or WBC, Hopkins wasn't a big name boxing until he was already an OLD MAN, NO COMPARISON

Yet Hopkins started at middleweight and his last fight was against Kovalev to unify the light heavyweight world titles, don't even speak that man the same sentence as GGG

Hopkins fought Roy Jones for the IBF title in his prime, who did GGG at fight at middleweight like that

Cotto's not fighting Golovkin, he will vacate the belt before that happens, besides who want to see that

if GGG's too strong for 160 why yall scared for him to move up 1 division

this is the double standard, GGG never been on PPV before, a fight with Cotto ain't gonna be shyt

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
Yeah and Hopkins was being heralded in the press while he was at middleweight either, he didn't win his first world title to 1995 and it was the IBF not the WBA, or WBC, Hopkins wasn't a big name boxing until he was already an OLD MAN, NO COMPARISON

Yet Hopkins started at middleweight and his last fight was against Kovalev to unify the light heavyweight world titles, don't even speak that man the same sentence as GGG

Hopkins fought Roy Jones for the IBF title in his prime, who did GGG at fight at middleweight like that

Cotto's not fighting Golovkin, he will vacate the belt before that happens, besides who want to see that

if GGG's too strong for 160 why yall scared for him to move up 1 division

this is the double standard, GGG never been on PPV before, a fight with Cotto ain't gonna be shyt

what double standard are you referring to?

why are fans so quick to rush fighters to move up to the next weight class? i don't see why ggg can't stay at 160, few years and dominate his division just like ward did.

cotto can fight shyt on a stick in ny and it will do numbers, so you're saying ggg- cotto wouldn't sell? whether that fight happens or not, point is ggg will be getting his big fight , not at 154, not at 168 but 160.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
what double standard are you referring to?

why are fans so quick to rush fighters to move up to the next weight class? i don't see why ggg can't stay at 160, few years and dominate his division just like ward did.

cotto can fight shyt on a stick in ny and it will do numbers, so you're saying ggg- cotto wouldn't sell? whether that fight happens or not, point is ggg will be getting his big fight , not at 154, not at 168 but 160.

GGG isn't 23 years old, he's 32, he's been at middleweight his whole career he didn't start boxing 3 years ago just because the hype train started yall acting like he new to boxing or something, there's no one for him to fight at 160 it's has bad as the heavyweight division

if GGG was stay at 160 he just needs to shut the fukk up and stay at 160,

there's plenty of guys for him to fight at 168, great fighters move up in weight, that's how its always been,