Kathy Duva Confirms Early Talks with The Roc to Make Kovalev vs Ward Next Year

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
this will be a great fight. i love ward but kovalev skills are massively underrated. hes extremely long and uses it well. that combined with vicious power is a big problem to anybody. :whoo:

if the fight happens ward will have a problem with the same body punches bernard was getting from kovalev... ward can out box kovalev but once ward gets touched to the body i would like to see how he reacts to that.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
if the fight happens ward will have a problem with the same body punches bernard was getting from kovalev... ward can out box kovalev but once ward gets touched to the body i would like to see how he reacts to that.

Ward has the footwork BHop no longer has, he will be in kkkov's chest all night. Dude will get UD'd

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
GGG isn't 23 years old, he's 32, he's been at middleweight his whole career he didn't start boxing 3 years ago just because the hype train started yall acting like he new to boxing or something, there's no one for him to fight at 160 it's has bad as the heavyweight division

if GGG was stay at 160 he just needs to shut the fukk up and stay at 160,

there's plenty of guys for him to fight at 168, great fighters move up in weight, that's how its always been,[/QUOTE]

c'mon breh, thats the fans and his promoter talking. we just heard him this past weekend state he wasn't moving up and that should've ended the whole ggg-ward talks.

thats not true, and moving up in weight doesn't define greatness. so your saying aaron pryor, koysta tszyu, carlos monzon, ricardo lopez, micheal carbajal aren't great? :heh:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
c'mon breh, thats the fans and his promoter talking. we just heard him this past weekend state he wasn't moving up and that should've ended the whole ggg-ward talks.

thats not true, and moving up in weight doesn't define greatness. so your saying aaron pryor, koysta tszyu, carlos monzon, ricardo lopez, micheal carbajal aren't great? :heh:

Where did I say that

I said great fighters move up, which is a fact, they don't try to call out smaller guys when there's bigger challenges, that's just a fact

Aaron Pryror wanted to fight Ray leonard but he got ducked also pryor's personal problems prevented what he could've been and he's not in the same prestige level as hearns, duran, and leonard who fought in different weight classes, koysta tsyzu isn't great he was good, carlos monzon is listed as the second best middleweight, below Ray Robinson who moved up from a division, and monzon isn't considered p4p so he's not in the same league, it's a different echelon

ricardo lopez fought in two divisions, and carbajal was a light flyweight, he would be considered good not great, like I said greats

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California

u could be great in just sitting in one wieght class but when u got titles in multiple wieght classes its goat stuff, very hard to do... it really defines u.... just imagine if Duran never moved up?

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
There's no CHANCE KKKovalev would be able to get inside on Ward. If you watch his punching motion the punch gets straighter as it gets longer, he'd be squashing his power against Ward. Andre gon grab the ninjas arms set up shop hammering to the body from 6-18 inches away and he'd do that all night. Kovalev an easier fight for Ward than GGG.

Daps
How you figure?
simple fact that Ward would be the bigger man,GGG has good boxing skills, but monroe showed me some things in there where an elite boxer can take it to the next level on GGG.:yeshrug:

now with Kovalev dude is bigger (weight wise) and has the reach advantage, also a decent boxer...but that fukking power:wow:

SOG cant slip up even a lil....:manny:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Brah Kovalev needs his power behind him to throw those shots. SOG's first move will be to suffocate his power. If that doesn't work it'll be movement. I don't think Kovalev is fleet of foot enough to make ward worry. :yeshrug:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Ward-GGG discussions in here are disgusting. Your talking about a fight that will never happen. You have 2 fighters going in separate directions. GGG is gonna wait at 160 for a big fight. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended his career there. Ward is wisely taking steps to go to 175. He's going where the money is at.