Keep getting bumps when I shave

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Get a safety razor, find your grain, use sensitive skin shave gel.

The typical razor (3 or 4 blades) is not made for black skin.

How are you getting bumps from a safety razor? You must be doing it wrong. Are you really going with the grain?

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
Black men shouldn't be shaving that's shyt other races do.

andis-t-outliner-04710-packaging.png

TYBG

Ditty Dum Ditty Doo
Supporter
Daps
Go to the barber or use bump patrol if you have to clean shave yourself. I use andis for everyday use

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
It's for my job, but I hate having a beard anyway. My face looks better without it. Strong jawline.

I actually tend to cut myself with fresher blades and not duller blades.

Then what do I use? Electric shaver?
I've had that type of job before.certain folks can get a voucher from the DR that prohibits you from having to shave. You should look into that

All skin ain't ment to be shaved, but you say you don't like beards...

:francis:

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
Isopropyl alcohol, Bump Patrol, sensitive skin shave gel, safety razor with sensitive skin blades, shave with the grain, use new blades every time (wasteful but cuts down on bumps and irritation)

Reducing sources of irritation is the name of the game. I shave my head almost daily and never get bumps now

Edit: Thought OP was talking about head shaving. I don't use razors for my face, only electric trimmers to keep the beard neat.

Last edited:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Real talk black men’s hair is coarse you can’t raw dog it when you shaving. It’s hard so it gets pulled, you gotta soften it. Don’t use shaving cream and that bump control garbage.

1. Use hair conditioner as your shaving cream. Let it sit for 5 minutes so it can soften the hair.

2. Do not shave against the grain. Close shave doesn’t even matter when you gonna shave in 2 days again anyways.