Keep getting bumps when I shave

Him

ASHTRAY BYTCH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Golden △
I don’t think it’s truly avoidable tbh. I use the T Liners and that helps me break out much less.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Black men shouldn't be shaving that's shyt other races do.

andis-t-outliner-04710-packaging.png
this.

using trimmers completely got rid of my razor bumps.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
This shyt doesn't hurt if you go over bumps?
dont press all into your skin and u should be cool. I got sensitive ass skin under my neck. i can shave on my face with a safety razor, but my neck be nestle crunch. i started using a t-liner and the foil jawn. pretty close shave and no bumps. i do also use Tend Skin after every shave.

Dont@Me

😡
Daps
dont press all into your skin and u should be cool. I got sensitive ass skin under my neck. i can shave on my face with a safety razor, but my neck be nestle crunch. i started using a t-liner and the foil jawn. pretty close shave and no bumps. i do also use Tend Skin after every shave.
Same story here.

What do you moisturize your face with :dame: after the tend skin?

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Black men shouldn't be shaving that's shyt other races do.

andis-t-outliner-04710-packaging.png
I use a razor and I never have an issue unless I’m rushing (and even then, it may be just one bump). I don’t do anything special either. I wet my face then apply regular Edge shaving cream, and I use a safety razor. The key is to trim it down with clippers or liners first. After I do that, I shave closer with the razor.

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
You will always get razor bumps when you shave. That's just how our hair is. None of those products work in my experience. So now I use Wahl clippers with a ½ guard. Keep some light stubble and then line up my beard without the guard. Zero bumps and looks good

wh059_1.png

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Most Black hair follicles curl hair as it grows out the skin. Even without shaving, we are prone to ingrown hairs because sometimes our hair curls back into, under our skin. Razor shaving covers up or tightens those follicle openings by pressing down on the remaining hairs, it has already cuts. This can lead to ingrown hair and eventually bumps.

Electric razoring mostly doesn't have this problem. ER tug and cuts hair outwards leaving little room for ingrown hair. I used to have razor bumps before I used ER and trimmers. Now my face is smooth as a baby's ass. The shave isn't as close and requires almost daily maintenance but no bumps.