Korryn Gaines And The Rejection of Mental Illness Within The Black Community

Jammer22

All Star
Daps
Even Fox news acknowledged she was suffering from something according to her medical history, something which seems to be an issue that's very, very serious and widespread in Baltimore.

It's lead poisoning.

Didn't know about this, myself, but it's worth looking into since she had a lawsuit stating she had it.

fukked up part is there's some :mjpls:fukkery afoot in regards to the whole lead paint mess.

Piffery

All Star
Daps
Are you black? Have you dealt with family or friends dealing with mental illness? Even famous books and movies based upon books have delved in this topic.
I'm black, have been in a mental hospital and had therapy, my great grandmother worked in a hospitals mental health wing, have taken psychology classes with black people, and talked with black people about stuff that involves mental illness.
Sure I've met ignorant black people, but I don't believe it's the sum of black people, just enough to be a phenomenon.

Mr swag

We Out Here
Daps
Reppin
The Well Respected Uptown,Virginia
man stfu

arent you from middle-upper class? I've dealt with more shyt than you... This shyt is about classism

So racism doesn't exist and it's all about classism huh? :troll:

Slavery = classism :troll:

Lynching = classism :troll:

Jim Crow = :troll:

Prison industrial complex = classism :troll:

why do poor whites see none of those? Bu bu bu classism :troll:

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution
So racism doesn't exist and it's all about classism huh? :troll:

Slavery = classism :troll:

Lynching = classism :troll:

Jim Crow = :troll:

Prison industrial complex = classism :troll:

why do poor whites see none of those? Bu bu bu classism :troll:
It's funny when you bros act so militant... You try so so so hard... That identity thing hurts huh? always around the whites growing up, lots of white culture... get alittle older need to become militant show that you're "down" i get it breh.. do you

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
It's funny when you bros act so militant... You try so so so hard... That identity thing hurts huh? always around the whites growing up, lots of white culture... get alittle older need to become militant show that you're "down" i get it breh.. do you
I understand you didn't have shyt coming up but don't think now that you got crumbs mean you made it. None of us have made it until we collectively do it.

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Are black people not victims?
no, black people are strong human beings who can and do accomplish greatness... not victims smfh

again though, you had a good upbringing around white people so i understand your identity problems and why you gravitate to the militant movement but umm sit your ass down and be thankful for your life. You didn't face the same hardships korryn gaynes dealt with in your suburban home...

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
no doubt. I just despise that victim mentality that so many people have adopted these days.
being a victim is one thing, having no spirit to fight and better yourself and make good for you, your family, neighborhood and community is another. That's the issue Black people tend to have.

I am a victim but I will talk to a Black person who will say they aren't victim but do nothing for themselves much less others. Being a victim doesn't equal being a lazy POS.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
no, black people are strong human beings who can and do accomplish greatness... not victims smfh
I am a victim of white supremacy but I strive to accomplish great things and I am doing well so far but no where near where I can help the community. Once again, being a victim of white supremacy doesn't equal being a lazy POS.

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
White supremacy is WHY she died not mental illness smh
Serious question?

What bad/negative part of the black community isn't white supremacy responsible for?

Over the last couple days, over heard every single issue blamed on white supremacy.

I'd hate to think black people are doomed for ever. Cause if its responsible for everything, we are fukked. Cause that means we have no control over ourselves in the slightest degree. And white supremacy ain't letting up no to me soon.

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
being a victim is one thing, having no spirit to fight and better yourself and make good for you, your family, neighborhood and community is another. That's the issue Black people tend to have.

I am a victim but I will talk to a Black person who will say they aren't victim but do nothing for themselves much less others. Being a victim doesn't equal being a lazy POS.

That spirit to fight is being diminished by the day and it's saddening. We never had depression in the projects while the rich folk all had that shyt... i dont know man, just different times... When i grew up it was "fukk yall we going to make it regardless" now its "we can't make it"