Lethal weapon tv show...are we too old for this shyt?

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Good shyt. I read deadline but didn’t peep the tvline report. Don’t think they’d kill him off in the finale since it’s already shot but maybe write him off at the beginning of season 3 but it’s risky. Probably more risky than recasting. The appeal of lethal weapon is Riggs and Murtaugh so essentially you’d have a female doing a Riggs impression while not being Riggs which is worse than just making her stand on her own two as a separate entity.

Deadline reported last night that he and Damon have beef now and are barely speaking to each other. Said the relationship is “beyond repair” so we’ll see how that goes

Thats a real fukking shame, because they have such good chemistry. Looking back now over this season, they havent been together on screen as much as they were last season.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Thats a real fukking shame, because they have such good chemistry. Looking back now over this season, they havent been together on screen as much as they were last season.

Yup I realized that last night. They maybe had two or three scenes together. They were both doing their own thing for the most part.

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
'Lethal Weapon' Star Clayne Crawford Out as Producers Scramble to Recast
Richard Foreman/FOX
Crawford on 'Lethal Weapon'

READ MORE
Clayne Crawford Apologizes for Bad Behavior on 'Lethal Weapon' Set

"I absolutely love, respect and care for my crew and cast, and would never intentionally jeopardize so many jobs," Crawford wrote. "I an incredibly sorry if my passion for doing good work has ever made anyone feel less than comfortable on our set, or feel less than celebrated for their efforts. Furthermore, I apologize to all the crew and cast for any negative attention Lethal Weapon is receiving because of these incidents."

Crawford's behavior has left Lethal Weapon — one of Fox's better-performing dramas — on the bubble as many connected with the series have said they would rather not work with the actor. Fox and Warner Bros. Television have until June 30 — when options on the cast expire — to make a decision on the future of the series but would prefer to do so before Monday's upfront presentation.

Network insiders are currently mulling the fate of multiple comedy and drama pilots as they piece together their 2018-19 schedule.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
It’s open ended so he can be recasted breh. Problem is they need someone to bite on the role so they can get renewed.

I know, but it's maybe better to kill off the character then a recast, just always feels strange TV wise to have a different actor in a current show for an already established character. Who else is out there that could be a potential Riggs? I did read earlier that a couple of actors have already been contacted and have turned it down.

If they go for a new character, killing off Riggs you have 2 storylines already for Roger and new partner. Roger struggling to come to terms with Riggs death and him trying to find Baby Riggs, which also still ties in with the continual White Supremacy storyline.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I know, but it's maybe better to kill off the character then a recast, just always feels strange TV wise to have a different actor in a current show for an already established character. Who else is out there that could be a potential Riggs? I did read earlier that a couple of actors have already been contacted and have turned it down.

If they go for a new character, killing off Riggs you have 2 storylines already for Roger and new partner. Roger struggling to come to terms with Riggs death and him trying to find Baby Riggs, which also still ties in with the continual White Supremacy storyline.
It’s been done before. Most of that stuff was done way before our time tho but there’s always aunt viv and Harriet to point to. Sometimes recasting works sometimes it doesn’t. But the reason when it works, like recasting Alice in the honeymooners or even Claire on my wife and kids, it’s because the chemistry is there. They’ve already said in the trades if they can’t recast him then the show won’t be renewed. I think they realized the shoe is murtaugh and Riggs not murtaugh and someone else. That’s the hook for anything lethal weapon

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Bout to watch on Hulu in a bit but had read that Crawford got fired and remembered this thread. They could recast but don't know who they can get. Gotta be somebody that can play the role well and have good chemistry with Wayan. Someone that can play a hothead but still be sane enough to do their job. Let's see how they proceed.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Bout to watch on Hulu in a bit but had read that Crawford got fired and remembered this thread. They could recast but don't know who they can get. Gotta be somebody that can play the role well and have good chemistry with Wayan. Someone that can play a hothead but still be sane enough to do their job. Let's see how they proceed.

They’re more than likely going for an unknown still. So whomever it is it won’t be someone who jumps out at us. But on the flip side, a big name does make it easier for the network to renew it